Chapter Twenty-Eight

Logan

"Thank you so much for looking after her, I know you already have so much on your plate," I smile at my best friend. Elliott sighs, nodding his head, "You better be glad I love you guys, otherwise I would've said no. But as a parent, I totally understand needing some alone time. I suspect you can return the favor next weekend."

I roll my eyes and chuckle, "You know I can." I hand over Daisy's belongings before squatting to my daughter's height and kissing her cheek. "You behave don't give Uncle Elliott and Aunt Ari a headache, okay?" 

She nods her head, happily. "I promise mama," she hugs me tightly before running into the house to play with her friends. Standing, I lean in to give Elliott a hug. "Tell Arielle I said hey. I'll see you guys Sunday."

He waves to me as I make my way back to my vehicle. I climb inside and quickly start the car. With a final wave and honk, I make my way back home. 

Walking into my house, I find Callie coming down the hallway dressed only in a pair of red briefs and a matching sports bra. I smirk at the yummy sight, closing the door behind me. "You look nice," I mutter, approaching her. She hums, "I bet."

I notice the orange in her hand, peeled and ready to eat. "Gimme a piece." Brown eyes land on me, annoyed. "You're so full of shit, Lo. I asked if you wanted an orange before you left and you said no. I've already gone through the struggle of peeling this, get your own."

Pouting, I stop in front of her, "Please baby."

The woman shoves my face away from her, "Hell no." Rolling my eyes, I reach for a half which she was definitely expecting. My mouth hangs as I watch the woman shove both halves of the orange in her mouth and begin chewing. "If you choke on a seed, I'm going to die laughing."

Covering her mouth, she speaks. "These are seedless, thank you."

Groaning, I push her slightly, "You're an asshole. Weren't our wedding vows something along the line of, I'll give you all of my food to make you happy?"

"Definitely not," she laughs, swallowing her food. "Fuck you," I hiss.

She smiles, grabbing my waist and pulling me into her, "Gladly." Her breath smelled of oranges now which was making me crave one more than I already was. I push the older woman away and head towards the kitchen. She follows. "What time are we supposed to meet them there?" she questions, annoyance laced in her tone.

Grabbing an orange, I turn towards my wife. "Around 9ish. Cheer up, it's not like I'm forcing you to talk to them the whole night and I'll be with you."

Callie rolls her eyes, "I would rather not be around them at all." I make a face at her words and pat her stomach, "I didn't want to be around Amanda but I sucked it up. Surely you can make an exception for your wife and her friends."

"Totally different backstories. Amanda is an old high school friend. Narcissa and Valeria are drug addicts and Valeria flirted with you... on several occasions."

"So what I'm hearing is... you're jealous."

The woman groans and rolls her eyes, "Not at all what I'm saying. I just think you could have better friends than them."

I hum, "Riiight, you don't want me to be friends with attractive women because you're scared they'll steal me away from you?" I tease. Brown eyes land on me unamused. "If that were the case, Logan, I wouldn't want you to be friends with Alexis or Brianna."

I quickly glance at my wife. "You find Alexis and Brianna attractive?" I question, stepping closer to her. She rolls her eyes, pushing me back by the shoulders, "I literally dated Brianna. I wouldn't have done so if I didn't find her attractive. And yes, Alexis is very attractive..." she bites her lip.