Chapter Sixteen

Melani

I bit on my lip anxiously, eyeing the outfit I had on for the nth time. I'd changed several times before and settled on this one but I still felt like the dark green dress would've been a better decision. Sighing, I turn towards the dark-skinned woman on my bed. She wasn't much help, since she didn't want me going out with Lexi anyway.

"What do you think?" I question, spreading my arms and turning in different angles in order to receive a nice compliment. Her dark eyes move from her phone, landing on me. "Honestly?"

I nod my head. "You definitely don't need to dress up for her. 9/10 she's not going to look this good for you so why bother. Just throw on those leather jeans you bought last week and top it off with that white crop top you have. You will look delicious but comfortable."

Biting my lip once again, I turn to eye myself in the mirror. Maybe she was right. I didn't need to dress up. I look like I'm going to eat at some fancy restaurant. Sighing, I nod my head. I begin unbuttoning my shirt when I feel hands press against my shoulders. "What are you doing?" I question.

"You've got time," she mutters. Her voice is husky and inviting, hinting at sex. "I already showered, I can't go to Alexis smelling like sex."

The woman groans, "So she gets to be fucked by her girlfriend before her dinner date with you, but you can't eat me out? Melani, she's in a relationship in case you've forgotten, what does it matter if you have a little fun as well?"

Rolling my eyes, I allow my gaze to meet hers in the mirror. Smiling, she pulls her bottom lip between her teeth, walking backwards towards the bed. I watch the woman's reflection as the temptress begins removing her already lacking clothed body. Oh, what the hell, Alexis is probably in the bed with her girlfriend. What harm will it do to bed Daisy?

- - - - -

Exiting the car, I spot Alexis in front of her hotel. My eyes widen as I noticed how dressed up she was. I shouldn't have listened to Daisy. The blonde blushes, "Should I go change? I feel like I'm overdressed."

I swallow the lump in my throat, "You look stunning, Lex. I apologize for not dressing up, I... I thought you wouldn't" I mutter, trying not to mention Daisy's bad influence on my actions. She stares at me for a few seconds, her eyes really taking me in as she sized me up. "I feel uncomfortable, I'll go change. You can wait a few minutes?"

Pulling my eyes away from her accentuated curves, I nod my head. "Yeah, of course, take your time."

The blue-eyed woman smiles awkwardly before departing and entering her hotel. Letting out a breath, I head back to my car. Not even a minute later, I hear someone tapping on my car window. Pulling my eyes away from the steering wheel, I spot Alanna. She smiles and motions for me to roll the window down.

I do so, wondering what she wanted to talk about. "Hi," she says softly. Eyeing the woman I nod my head, not sure if I wanted to speak with her. "What are you trying to do?" she questions as she quickly glances behind her. I do the same, confused about what was going on.

"What do you mean?" I question furrowing my brows. 

She clears her throat and throws her brown hair over her shoulder, "I mean with Lexi. Why are you suddenly trying to include her in your daily life? Breakfast and now dinner. What are you trying to do?" Staring at the woman I can't help but smirk. "I'm not doing anything, Alanna. Is it against the law to spend time with someone I wish to be friends with?"

She clears her throat again. "Do you need some water, Alanna?"

"No. After tonight I don't want you around Alexis. I'm not stupid, I know you're trying to win her back but we're together so you can forget about it. She'd pick me a thousand times over you."