Chapter Eleven

Logan

"It feels so unfair right now" I hiss glancing between Brianna and Claire. The two smile and glance at each other before looking at me. Claire shrugs her shoulders, "You could've had the same thing, but you decided to Marry Callie."

I roll my eyes at her and give my attention back to my phone. "Lexi is running late, should we go ahead and order?" I question. Picking my head up, I can't help but groan seeing the couple across from me flirting with each other. 

Even after nearly 6 years, it's weird to see these two be romantic with each other. Albeit, I'm happy for them but could they stop? "Okay, new rule. No being... gay with each other for the rest of the evening, gosh you two are like newlyweds!"

Brianna cracks a smile and looks at me, "Babe if you want to join just say that."

I flick the brown-skinned woman off. "Callie would've taken the offer." Claire and I glare at the woman, not pleased with her statement. I knew she and Callie always joke about being sexually involved with each other, but it didn't mean I liked hearing them flirt. She quickly raises her palms in the air, "Okay, fine."

I can't help but let out a small laugh. I wave the waiter over, ready to order my drink. "Are you ladies ready to order?" the waiter questioned, getting his notepad and pen ready. Nodding my head, I glance at the menu, "I would like the Long Island Iced tea and a water with lemon."

"A beer is good for me, doesn't matter what kind," Claire smiles at the man. "Dry Margarita for me."

Once he has all of our drinks taken down, he makes his way towards the bar. "Oh look at you, a true lesbian," I joke glancing at Claire. She shrugs her shoulders, "I figured Brianna would try to get wasted since we're seeing Lexi for the first time in years so I've got to hold back."

I groan, "You guys are so cute when you want to be."

The couple across from me rolls their eyes. "How are things with you and Callie anyways? We rarely see you two leave the house. You're pretty much home everyday. Don't you have a job?" Claire questions.

"Things are great, really great. We're thinking about adopting. And yes, I do have a job, but I pretty much make my own schedule."

Two pair of eyes land on me, surprised about the first half of my answer. I can't help but smile at the thought of expanding the family I have with Callie. "Adoption? That's... I figured you guys would stop with Daisy."

"I don't want her to be an only child like I was or how Callie was. I don't know it's pretty lonely growing up an only child and I don't want that for Daisy."

Before we could talk about anything else, in came Lexi. She approached our table but immediately I frown when I notice Alanna with her. "Hey" she smiles at the couple across from me. Brianna glances at Alanna, "Uh... Hi. Who's this?"

Blue eyes land on her girlfriend, "This is Alanna, my girlfriend. I didn't know if I was allowed to bring her, you guys are looking at her like she's invading. Should I not have brought her?" her eyes land on me.

"No, no. You're good, you're both good. I'll just be the only one without my wife here. I feel like a literal 5th wheel now, thanks" I spit annoyed.

Alanna brings up a chair and Lexi sits down on the booth next to me. "How are you guys doing?" Lexi questions, glancing between Claire and Brianna.

"I didn't think I was going to be upset when I saw your face. I thought overall I'd be happy that you came back," Claire hisses, her eyes landing on our friend. 

Suddenly the atmosphere was thick with tension and I didn't know who was going to break the awkward silence drifting over our little group. Lexi clears her throat and rubs her neck, "I needed time Claire. I'm sorry I didn't tell you, pretty much no one knew about my whereabouts or well being until a few months ago."

The brunette slapped her hand on the table, "So you go to Logan? If it wasn't for me you wouldn't have even met her! I have been your best-fucking-friend far longer than Logan or Brianna and yet I was left in the damn dark. Does that seem fair to you?"

Okay, ouch. But she had a point. I didn't quite understand why Lexi kept in touch with me instead of Claire. I never questioned it because I figured she was scared to talk to Claire or something.

"Well at least I know that you favor Logan the most in our friend group. Where is the waiter with my fucking beer?" she hissed, glancing around.

As if on cue the waiter appeared with our drinks. The minute he set Claire's beer down, she downed half the bottle. Brianna watched her wife, concern settling in her features. "Could I get you two started on any drinks? Are we ready to order or should I come back in a few minutes?" 

Lexi and Alanna order their drinks and we decide to have a few more minutes before we order our food. "I thought you said you have to stay sober because you knew I was going to get shit-faced" Brianna chuckled to her wife who was now taking a sip of her beverage.

Claire let out a grunt, "I change my mind. Unless you want to."

The brown-skinned woman shook her head, "Go ahead and drink to your heart's content, my love. I know I'm more difficult to deal with when drunk."

-

"Annnd and, I don't care if you come back," Claire slurred as we made our way towards our car. I let out a breath, she really let loose, didn't she? Lexi chuckles nervously at her friend, patting her arm. "I'm already back, Claire. Let's get you in the car, yeah?"

Brown eyes land on her friend, "What about Melani? You told me you wanted to marry her but now you're cheating on her with that..." she trails and glances at Alanna who was making her way towards us, "bitch. What about Melani?"

Swallowing the lump in my throat, I glance at the blonde. I could see her eyes gloss over with hurt and pain. Once Brianna unlocked the doors to their car, Lexi shoved Claire into the backseat. "You guys get home safe," was the last thing I heard from her. 

She didn't say goodbye to me as she made a beeline for Alanna and left the parking lot. Frowning, my eyes land on Brianna. "Tonight was kind of a disaster, if we do this again, no liquor involved or something."

Chuckling, I nod my head in agreement, "Of course. Get home safe, I'll see you around" I hug the woman before heading over to my own car. 

Once I made it home, I was immediately welcomed by my daughter. "Oh baby, why are you still up? It's almost midnight" I kiss her cheek as I pick her up. She yawns, "Mommy said I could wait with her for you to get home. We watched movies and played games but mommy fell asleep."

I nod my head and make my way into the living room, finding Callie sleeping on the couch. I smile at the woman, "Let's get you in bed."

Getting Daisy to sleep is easier than usual since she stayed up past her bedtime. I make my way back into the living room just in time to see Callie waking up. She stares at the TV for a few seconds before jumping up and searching around. "Dai-"

"I put her to bed already" I interrupt so she doesn't make any extra noise. Her pretty brown eyes land on me, "When did you get here?" she questions, voice groggy and laced with exhaustion. "A few minutes ago. C'mon, let's go to the room," I hold my hand out for my wife to take.

Smiling, she grabs my hand and allows me to take her to our bedroom. "How was it?" she questions just as we enter the room. I let out a breath, remembering how our evening went. "It was pretty bad. Claire was pretty upset with Lexi which resulted in her getting extremely wasted so we cut our little date short."

Callie chuckles, "That's understandable. They've been friends far longer than anyone. I just hope they can get past it."

"You weren't like that with Melani" I mutter, comparing the situations. Brown eyes land on me, "Not saying we're more mature but because we're older we tend to react calmly to these things. Melani has been my friend since I was about 14 so... I don't know the situation is just kind of different."

"Because you dated her?"

"Not really that. Just people deal with situations differently than others. Let's go to bed, I have somewhere to be tomorrow."