Chapter Sixty

Logan 

To say I was displeased was an understatement. I had never expected to run into her ever again, but clearly, my life loves to torture me. From my peripheral, I could see Callie glancing between us in confusion. "You know each other?" she questions and I can only roll my eyes, knowing I would hate the explanation part of this.

Lane nods her head. Brown eyes move between the woman and I, waiting for an explanation of how we knew each other. I sigh, not wanting to say, but I knew I had to. "She was my first girlfriend," I spit.

The light-skinned woman scoffs. "More like you used me, Logan. Don't even try to call what we had a relationship," she spat in annoyance. I roll my eyes, "Yeah, well you were calling me your girlfriend back then and now suddenly, that's not what I was?" 

Gray eyes land on me. Before we could delve into the past of our relationship, someone else makes their way over to us. "I was looking for you," the dirty blonde spoke to Lane, pressing her lips to the corner of her mouth. I didn't have to be introduced, I could tell by how physical she was, that this was Genesis, her wife.

The blonde glances at us, smiling immediately when she notices Callie. "Cam?!" she questions, pulling my wife into her. Cam? "Genie, it's so nice to see you. How have you been?" Callie spoke softly as she hugged the woman as well. 

"I've been well. Oh, this is my wife, Lane. Babe this is my cousin Carmella." Lane nods her head with a smile, "I know. We just met." Her gray eyes move away from her wife and land on me a hunt of disgust lingering in her gaze. I roll my eyes, which Genesis definitely caught.

Her brown eyes moved between her wife and I, confused. "And... you are?" she questions, already taking her partner's side in this petty feud. "This is my wife, Logan. Lo, this is Genesis."

I smile softly and offer my hand but the blonde can only stare at my fingers in disgust as she loops her arm with her wife's. I sigh and pull my hand back, wiping it on my shirt, wondering if this would be a problem later. 

"Mama, can I play outside with my cousins?" Daisy's cheerful voice grabbed my attention away from the women. I smile softly and kneel down to her. "Of course, but promise to be safe," I mutter, pinching her cheek as they grow fatter when she giggles. She nods her head and plants a kiss on my cheek before following her family members to the backyard.

"Is that your daughter?" Genesis questions. Callie answers once she realizes I won't. "She's adorable," the blonde spits. 

The tension was thick and I felt finally felt unwelcomed by Callie's extended family. 

Sighing, I stand from my kneeling position. "I'm gonna go use the washroom," I mutter to my wife. Her eyes land on me, scanning my facial features. I offer a small smile, letting her know I was fine and just needed a little space. I part from the three and make my way to the washroom I remember seeing on our way in.

I hide away in the washroom for the next few minutes, trying to gather myself. Once I do, I exit and make my way down the hallway. I stop at the end of the hallway as I spot Callie speaking animatedly with her family members.

Something in the pit of my stomach pulls at my heartstrings as jealousy bubbles in my veins. Though I had recently met some of my family, I wasn't close with any of them. And the family I did have... died. I was jealous of my wife, yet again.

Watching her interact with her parents made me envious as I couldn't do the same. Hell, my mom died minutes after my birth and my father was killed when I was young. Callie grew up with her family members and chose to separate herself from them. I didn't have much of a choice.