Chapter Fifty-One

Callie 

It's only been 2 and a half days since my parents arrived and I already want them gone. Not so much my father, he hasn't been bothering me much and has been spending most of his time spoiling my already spoiled daughter. It was my mother I was growing more irritated with.

We already didn't have the best relationship, especially with how much she disagreed with my life choices. But I'm a 46-year-old woman and I have been on my own since I was 16. So I didn't care what she thought when it came to the family I created. And yet, she made it her goal to get under my skin every time Logan was somehow brought up, no thanks to Daisy.

But I can't be upset that she wants to see her mother. I mean, Logan and Daisy may fight from time to time but they're still pretty inseparable and I know it's becoming unbearable to not be with her mother.

Unfortunately, I don't think she could comprehend her mother's punishment for drugging me. God, I get upset every time I think about it.

The front door opening grabbed my attention away from my computer. I believed it was my father and daughter coming back home from getting ice cream. My face immediately drops as my mother enters the house with a stranger following behind her. 

I furrow my brows as I eye the brown-skinned woman. She was definitely a looker. But I wasn't understanding what this woman was doing in my home. "Carmella, come meet Justina Ford," my mother smiles. Frowning, I do as told.

I set my computer down on the couch and stand, wiping my hands on my pants leg. "Sorry I'm not in more appropriate attire, I wasn't made aware my mother was bringing over company," I spit as I hold my hand out for the woman.

She smiles, "It's fine. I apologize for the intrusion, when she said her daughter was the Callie O'Brien I jumped at the opportunity to meet you." She took my hand in a firm shake. 

I raise my brows, surprised she knew who I was. "Oh, please don't make that face. Lawrence Enterprise is one of the most famous companies in the business industry. There's no way no one wouldn't know the founder of said company."

Smiling, I nod my head. I guess that is true. "Though I am slightly surprised you stepped down from the position as CEO. I've always wondered why."

Before the conversation could continue, my father entered the house with Daisy on his hip. "Mommy!" the girl yells happily as she spots me. The old man eyes the brown-skinned woman in the living room before his eyes land on his wife, slightly annoyed. 

"I guess, I can see why," Justina muttered as my father set Daisy down and she made her way to me. Smiling softly I pick up my daughter as her hazel eyes land on the unfamiliar woman. 

I glance at my daughter, sweeping her hair from her face before kissing her cheek. "I'll get dinner started," my father muttered as he made his way into the kitchen. 

"And I'll help Daisy out of her dirty clothes," my mother spat grabbing the girl from my arms. I watch the older woman walk away before giving my attention back to the brown-skinned woman in front of me.

I finally allow my eyes to take her in. She wore a white button-up tucked into black jeans. And I'd be lying if I didn't say she was a very attractive woman. "I'm guessing my mother invited you over for dinner?" I question, confused about why my mother left her guest with me.

Justina smiles, "Yeah, she did. Again, I'm really sorry for the intrusion. Me being here is probably rude," she mutters softly. I sigh and shake my head, "It's uh, fine." I guide her to the couch and let her take a seat before I sit on the other side of the couch.