Chapter Forty-Four

Alanna Walker

I inhale and exhale as I knock on the door, waiting for the woman on the other side to open it. It takes her a while but eventually she comes to and the sound of her door unlocking grabs my attention. Dark tired eyes come into view. The dark-skinned woman eyes me in confusion, "Alanna, right?"

Nodding my head, I exhale once again. "I'm sorry I came unannounced. I wanted to talk to you about what happened yesterday and try to clear up any misunderstandings," I mutter. 

Daisy sighs, "Yeah, sure come in. Let me get dressed, I'll be out in a second," she spoke, opening her door and allowing me inside. I smile and glance at the woman before making my way into her living room. She walks past me and towards her bedroom allowing my eyes a marvelous sight. 

"Does your girlfriend know you're here?" she questions with a smirk, noticing my gaze. "Which one?" I smile. Her dark eyes land on me before she enters her bedroom. Silence fills the living room as I wait patiently for the ebony beauty to exit her room. Once she does, my eyes get fixated on her toned thighs. No wonder Melani likes her.

Daisy smiles, "Do you want something to drink? I'm not sure I have much maybe just water."

"Water's fine, thanks." 

Once the woman exits her kitchen with two water bottles she sits on the couch beside me, handing me the cool beverage. I take it from her, noticing a small tattoo on her wrist. My eyes shift to the woman's face, her lips quickly catching my attention before my gaze is brought to her piercing dark brown eyes. "Are you allowed to check me out?" she questions.

"What can I say? I'm a sucker for good-looking women."

The compliment forces a smile as she glances away from me. "You wanted to talk about yesterday?" she changes the topic. I nod my head and set my water on her coffee table. "I would like to apologize for Lex's behavior. She was very out of line with what she said."

The dark-skinned woman rolls her eyes, "Seriously what is up with you and Mel? Are you two always going to cover for her? She needs to stop acting like a child and come to me herself to apologize for her bullshit!" 

I chuckle and nod my head in agreement. "Alexis isn't really as bad as she's been making herself. She's just—"

"Jealous?" Daisy finishes for me. She sets her bottle down and turns toward me, "That doesn't give her the right to come at me the way she did. I'm jealous too and I've been calmer about the situation. I haven't gone and told her off!" she hisses.

Before I could continue trying to put Alexis on her good side, there was knocking at the door. I smile at the woman, "You're pretty famous today, huh?" She sighs and makes her way to her door. After checking the peephole she opens the door. I turn my attention towards my beverage, ignoring whoever might be at the door.

However, the moment I begin drinking the water, a voice grabs my attention. "What the hell are you doing here?" Lex questions. I spit out my water and glance at my girlfriend... girlfriends. Wiping my mouth I part my lips. "Uh—I was apologizing to Dee about yesterday."

The curly-haired woman takes her seat beside me, gaining eyes from Lex and Mel. "What are you guys doing here?" I question. "The same as you," Mel mutters, sitting in the chair next to Daisy. Alexis rolls her eyes subtly, though I catch it as she sits in Melani's lap.

"Are you actually apologizing or is this to save face?" I question the blonde. She eyes me in annoyance before avoiding my gaze. An awkward silence falls over us. I continue sipping on my water obnoxiously loud until someone says something about it. But it doesn't work.