Chapter Six

Logan

"Are you coming with us?" Callie questions as I slip into my pants. I eye her for a few seconds in confusion. She notices and frowns, "Today is the 9th."

I shrug my shoulders, still slightly confused about what was so important about the 9th. The woman rolls her eyes, "You clearly suck at dates, which explains why you can never remember our anniversary."

But was she going to get to the point?

"We're going to go see Eliza and Lisa. You know my goddaughter and her mother?" The woman spits slowly, letting the information sink in. After a couple of seconds, I reach into the closet and grab a shirt, slipping it over my head. "Uh sure, I have nothing better to do."

The woman nods her head, "Alright. We're supposed to go to the amusement park, so you might want to get your sunglasses and a hat."

I nod my head and grab my things before exiting the room behind my wife. We spot Daisy in the living room, looking as cute as ever. She wore a pink shirt with colorful butterflies, matching pink leggings, and her favorite multi-colored tutu. She had her hair pulled into two ponytails. 

I scoop the cutie into my arms with a wide grin, "My baby's all grown up. She's dressing herself without any help" I coo kissing her cheek. Once Callie has all her belongings, we head out the door and to her car. I get Daisy situated in her booster car seat before closing the door and getting into the passenger side.

"Does Eliza know I'm coming with you guys?" I question, buckling my seatbelt. Callie glances at me, her eyes crawling over my legs. "I don't think it'll be a problem."

Except it seems like it was a problem. The minute we arrived in the driveway and I got out, I've been receiving daggers from Eliza's eyes. I guess I cut into their happy family thing. I remember when Callie told me Eliza kissed her, it angered me. And clearly, the woman hasn't gotten over her small infatuation with my wife.

Lisa wraps her arms around Callie with a loud laugh. "I missed you! I think you've got to start coming over more. Maybe you can stay for dinner!" Callie begins turning her head to look at me for an answer but Eliza gets her attention quickly.

"Shouldn't we get going?" she questions, pulling her daughter closer to her. I bite on my lip in annoyance, letting her do whatever she wanted. I knew these days were usually spent with the four of them, so I felt like I was invading their day. 

I allow Eliza to take the front seat while I get into the back with my daughter and Lisa. Maybe I should've stayed at home. "Where are we going?" Lisa questioned, excitedly.

Callie glanced through the rearview mirror before answering, "I decided on the amusement park. I think you'll love it." 

My eyes land on Eliza, turning in her chair towards Callie, giving the woman all of her attention. "I hope you're ready to spend all your money. I bet Daisy and Lisa are going to want to get on every ride they can," she smiles.

Callie smiles in agreement, "Well today, I don't think I'll mind much. This is the only day of the month I'll be able to really spoil Lisa."

Eliza nods her head, her hand reaches over the console and rests on Callie's leg. "Thank you. I know she's going to love this."

I frown at how natural their actions look. Had Callie been allowing this when I wasn't around? Did she let this woman flirt with her? How far did their relationship go? For the remainder of the ride, I remain quiet as I watch the other four talk about any and everything.

I hate how much they represent a big happy family. 

Callie and Eliza didn't have a weird background that made their relationship seem weird. Callie was very motherly to Lisa and Eliza was very motherly to Daisy. I hate it. I hate it so much. But I can't ruin their day, this is the only time Eliza and Lisa get to see Callie for this month. I can't be selfish.