Chapter Nineteen

Logan

"This is totally up to you," Valeria yells over the music. In her hand in a small pill, LSD. Narcisa had already taken one and was dancing with another woman. Swallowing the lump in my throat, I eye the blue-eyed woman in front of me. "Is it safe to take?" I question, feeling the buzz from my intake of alcohol earlier in the night.

The dark-haired woman shrugs her shoulders. "As I said, I'm not going to force you to take drugs and I'm not going to peer pressure you either. It's your choice. If you do decide to take it, I will be watching over you, I won't let anything happen."

I eye Narcisa again, loving the energy the pill has given her. Fuck it! It's not like I will get this experience ever again. I grab the tiny pill from my new friend, ready to throw it into my mouth. I stop as a thought of Callie and Daisy enters my head. "How long does this last?" I question.

The woman smiles, "From what Narcisa tells me, after 12 hours the effect starts to decline."

That's a long time to be high. I quiet my brain trying to make myself think rationally and responsibly. I never really got to experiment in college and I have to do this before I get in my 30's. I don't want to be a boring mother. I place the pill on my tongue before swallowing it.

"How long does it take until I feel the effects?" I question the woman beside me who was smiling widely. She chuckles, "About 10 to 15 minutes. Don't worry, Logan. I'll keep you safe."

I nod my head and grab my drink from her. "Alcohol and acid is not a really great mix," Valeria informs, stopping me before I can take a sip. 

"When you say acid it makes me feel like I've done something illegal," I spit now regretting the idea of taking LSD. "LSD is illegal here."

My eyes widen towards the woman. "That's something you might want to disclose with me prior to taking acid! Oh god, is it already working, I'm freaking out!" I yell, scared for how my body will react to drugs.

Valeria laughs, "Logan, it hasn't even been 10 seconds. Just relax. When the effect begins to work, things will be a bit colorful. You 99.9% might have hallucinations." My stomach drops at her words and I can't help but cry a little. "Callie is going to kill me!" The woman rubs my back, trying to soothe me. It works. 

We sit at the bar, waiting for my acid trip while watching Narcisa dance with other women. I turn to Valeria, "Do you not get jealous when she flirts with other women?"

She eyes her wife. "I used to when we were still fresh in our marriage. But after a while I got over it, after all, it's me she's coming home to and telling me she loves me. Not them. But I flirt every now and then as well. It's just something we're used to now."

I let her words sink in, feeling slightly encouraged. I smile when Narcisa stumbles towards us, falling into her wife. She moves between her legs, just as she did me earlier. This time she presses her lips sloppily against her wife before chuckling. "God, I love you, Angelina Jolie."

I can't help but laugh at the woman. "Don't tell Valeria I love someone else. She'll kill me," the Spanish woman pouts, wrapping her arms around her wife. Valeria shakes her head, rolling her eyes in amusement. 

I sit at the bar, drinking my alcoholic beverage when I realize that it's been some time since I took the pill. I stand, immediately getting vertigo. I yell and grab for the bar counter only to find a strange mushroom. "What the ffffhuck!" I cry as I look to my left, spotting another colorful mushroom.

My eyes widen. Fuck, it's happening. 

________

No One's POV