O11

Jangmi-using her index finger-tried pushing him a bit further from her. Sadly, he didn't even budge, instead he minimized the space between them. Her shorter self is trapped between his one arm and a rack of chips.

"It's past 12 AM, and tomorrow, we have classes. Aren't you scared of entering the class late and being humiliated?"

She pushed his face away, it sent tingle down her spine. He watched her walking to the cashier, with some stuff in her hands.

"Would you like to use card or cash?"

"Oh, cash. Definitely,"

As Jangmi's hand rummage through the wallet, the emptiness made her blood rush hard. She moved her gaze towards Donghyuck who was leaning on the wall waiting for his turn to pay his things.

"Miss, where's the cash?"

"I-I think it's in my pocket. Wait a sec,"

Two minutes of her fake searching and no penny to be found. Her hands start to shake since the worker had been staring at her for too long, deadly.

"Next time if you don't have any cash to bring, just don't come to buy this-"

Donghyuck came, wrapping his hand around Jangmi little shoulder while putting down some notes on the table-harshly.

"Unfortunate events could happen, you know? At least don't be rude to people, you jerk,"

The cashier stumbled, surprised to see the well-known figure paying for the food and drinks. What's more surprising is the way he kept Jangmi stored perfectly in his arm.

"Lee Donghyuck?"

"Keep the change,"

With a swift, the plastic full of food disappeared from the table of the cashier even before he was about to hand it to Donghyuck politely.

"Rude," he whispered under his breath.

Fading away from the small building, Jangmi was knocked by the reality as she felt Donghyuck's finger made a small circle on her shoulder.

"Lee Donghyuck!"

The called one giggled, passing the plastic bag to her. "Why? Where's my 'thank you, Donghyuck?'"

"Yea, yea thanks."

Midnight wind passing by, engulfing her figure under the bright moonlight-by herself. Hands gripping both arms, running up and down creating an ephemeral heat.

"You fool,"

"Why-"

A warm denim jacket landed on her back, so are his hands.

"Ah shit sorry, the jacket don't have any pockets. Here,"

Donghyuck's warm hand made it way into her grip, guiding them into his jeans' pocket. Jangmi went total silent-admiring his rosy cheeks under the dim moonlight due to the tree.

"It's windy today and you are not bringing any jackets? Why are you out tonight it's past midnight it's dangerous for you,"

"Oh... my friends brought me here,"

"Are they the same age as you or...?"

"They are older-of course, I'm the youngest,"

"Should've stayed at home, what will your mother think of you if she knows,"

"She is, and she trusts them."

Walking together under the freezing lights street seem so peaceful, till Jangmi saw Doyoung's imbalanced body walking to them.

"Is that... Doyoung?" Donghyuck pointed at the drunk-like male from afar.

"Oh, Doyoung?!"

Without any hesitant, Jangmi let go of Donghyuck's hand and ran to Doyoung who had a big wound right under his left knee.

Donghyuck too, widened his eyes, running closer to observe the unpleasant wound with dripping blood, it stained his white jeans so bad.

"Who did this?"

Her concerned shaky voice was all left before the asked male slowly fell unconscious in her arms."S-shit, Doyoung! Fuck why are you alone and where the fuck are the others?"

"I got this," Donghyuck squats, asking Jangmi to set the unconscious male behind him before running to his car.

"Your car at...?"

"Nearby the tower, now don't ask too much we need to be fast."

▫️

"Stay here,"

Dusty air is a total no for her, yet she still lay herself down on the old cushion. The basement was really dark, cold and dirty too.

Upon to Doyoung's state they found, Donghyuck had to bring him to this basement so he could heal him right away.

"We have a freaking hospital, Donghyuck." Jangmi hold his arm tight, concerned for the latter on the couch.

"I can manage him, here, take my phone,"

She catched the thrown phone, confused on what to do. As Jangmi was about to ask him, he signaled her with a call sign which means she needs to inform the others about it.

"Can I?"

"Just do it, at least they wouldn't go crazy about both of you."

...
"Whose number is this-"

"Lisa, it's me,"
"I-I'm sorry..."

"You lil-"
"You know how concerned we are right now?!!"
"Where's Doyoung?"

"Calm down, I have him with me,"
"With my campus friend,"
"He said he can manage him."

"Don't trust people easily, Jangmi."
"Who knows he could hurt Doyoung?"

"It's Lee Donghyuck."
"We met at the grocery store earlier."

"I hope you're right..."
"So your phone?"

"It's at your place,"
"I'll update about us okay?"
"Tell them not to be worried about this."
"Hide this incident from Mrs. Kang."

Donghyuck came out from a room with towel around his neck, shoving Jangmi with a paper bag of some fast food he had. "You need to eat, recharge yourself, don't forget to sleep."

Jangmi took a peek of what's inside of the paper bag-unconsciously smiled. Squealing silently, made her way to the couch beside where Doyoung was placed.

"But how about tomorrow?"

"That's why I said, sleep first."

▫️