O24

"Can you stop ignoring your boyfriend for God sake, Jung Jangmi?"

Jangmi swear she had her ears cleaned that morning. "Says who? I have a boyfriend?"

Both of the male scoffed, Felix threw a small punch on her shoulder refraining himself from teasing the girl a little bit more. "Is there anything about you and Donghyuck? You guys didn't talk for nearly a week now how come the boy ain't insane yet?"

The last time she knew, did she went out with the mentioned one to the mall and literally having fun with each other's presence-though the head agent messed it up-but of course, no one knew there were mean eyes eyeing for her daily activities. Now, great. He realized she had been ignoring him but neither expected it would take this long period of time. Nevertheless, Donghyuck believes there is hope for their unclear relationship.

"I don't get it man, explanation please,"

"Donghyuck always complained about you during classes at the IT room, Mark was hella exhausted of it."

Preposterous, she thought. The breezy morning had the three drowned into their sleepy state, silence sweeping along the wind and three heads laying on the railing of the corridor's wall. Perfect Friday for the-perfect-scores-students.

"Funny how we scored the exam we just studied last night," Hyunjin sighed, putting up his legs on top of Jangmi's exposed lap. Both dying while the other one scoffed.

"If it wasn't me who reminded you two, maybe we'll get scolded."

Clock stays ticking, till a figure appeared with grumpy expression, not far away from the three. Pausing his thoughts, he ran through the wind, cutting the air with messy footsteps.

"I've been searching for you, Jangmi."

"Oh, hi. Why though?"

"Follow me, I have something to ask. About the previous exam, of course."

She eyed Hyunjin, asking for his empathy but luck wasn't on her side that noon. Felix smiled to Donghyuck-and finally letting her go knowing they need to solve something after series of avoiding and ghosting moments.

"Just go, we'll text you later. Bye!"

▫️

A silent cafe is a must, very silent and kilometers away from the busy Seoul's center area. The ride was-as expected-very quiet but praise to dear God the radio station played some hits.

A cafe located outside of Seoul, near a beach which Jangmi never ever went to since she only enjoyed beaches at Seoul and her foster parents' hometown.

The cafe's interior? Her type. The mix of beige, sage and soft dark brown shades caught her attention, also not to mention, the cafe is famous for its own specialty. The sunset view is very clear especially on the second floor of the cafe-no windows, just wind and air plus the sunlight. Perfect for a date and a place to unwind.

"Have you placed your order?" Donghyuck breaking the silence, trying to catch her attention from viewing the clean beach from the top of the cafe, second floor to be precise.

"Already did, the cakes look good! I had a hard time on choosing them,"

A smile formed, his heart is as warm as the evening sunlight. Jangmi, a rose under the sun-he was distracted so much to the point he almost forgot the main reason he brought her to this place.

"My mother loves this place,"

Her eyes averted into his direction, having his side profile as her current view. His smile, shining brightly under the sun of the Friday. This moment had butterflies flying all over her abdomen.

"Her choice is so perfect, how come I never discovered this kind of cafe?"

"It's literally taking two hours ride from Seoul to here, what did you expect?"

For her, she really don't have any reasons to avoid him. Refraining herself from talking, teasing, hugging his arms for a week had her dying in silent. Updates were all coming from Doyoung-oh how patient was Doyoung to help her?

"Let's get this thing straight Jangmi, where were you?"

"Oh my God, look at that bird! They are so pretty!"

"Jangmi?"

"The sand is white and clear, it looks untouched don't you think?"

"Jangmi."

Air stuck in her throat, as soon as she heard his low voice stopping her from running away. She had no choice or Donghyuck will keep on acting the same towards her.

"I'm, sorry. I was-you know-maybe a bit confused or stressed I don't even know. Like, oh God I'm talking nonsense again this time, right?"

As usual, did he threw her a small smile leaving her heartbeat jogs around her chest.

"Alright, alright. I might don't know you yet, but I'll make sure I'm going to know you more."

"Be honest with me, Hyuck. Have you ever feel butterflies?"

"I thought I never felt it, but when I get to know you, it's a little bit different."

Nervous hands picking up the cookies on the plate, chewing slowly as she waits for the sequence of his hanging story.

"It feels like the butterflies are flying around a rose garden,"

▫️