O21

Jangmi ran into her own workspace, having her chest pumping up and down and eyes wide open. She just discovered another important information about her biological family.

They live here-in Korea-the country where she is living in at the moment. After all these years, she thought they lived far away, in another country because Jisoo said so. Afterall, Jisoo is the one who helped her with her family hunting things ever since.

"Woah, Jung Jangmi can you chill?"

"How am I supposed to react when I heard Jisoo said my real family's here?!" She spatted out, the latter widened his eyes, anticipating everything she's working on at the moment.

Doyoung went closer to the computer's screen, series of curses left the male's lips. "Are you for real now? Your father's a person with a high status? Are you fucking real now?"

Jangmi chuckled, oh how life is playing with her right now.

"I don't trust this,"

"But you have to, Jangmi."

Lisa's voice interrupted the one, throwing three papers right in front of her eyes. "It said your father is someone important to the country, either he's a chaebol or politicians, we still need to find him."

"Fuck? Oh the universe is playing with me now and it's honestly not funny at all." Jangmi shut down the computer, excusing herself to head off to her campus. Lisa came towards her way to pat her head, stroking her short hair to soothe the youngest.

"I know there's a way, he could be the nice one? We don't even know yet right, Jangmi?" The called one nodded, facing the older person who she sees as an elder sister who is always there with her through everything.

Doyoung honked the gloomy one, asking her to hop in the car. "Bye, Lisa!"

The road is almost as quiet as a library, it was therapeutic and calming. The rainy season made it more rhythmic, like an ASMR video people can find at Youtube.

"Is Jungwoo already at the campus?"

"His class is at 8, that's why he was rushing to leave the house. Speaking of rushing, have you eaten your breakfast?"

Jangmi let out a short hum, at least she wouldn't go to class with empty tummy-but cloudy mind. She would get easily hurt. Before the male forgot, he gave her a box of banana milk, putting it on top of her thigh.

"Donghyuck told me you love to skip lunch time, and end up wasting your time at the library with the pretty duo."

Not a single thanks coming out, there she is giggling instead. "Is he a live reporter? God, that was funny and thanks for this."

"Now get your butt off this car, we have 10 minutes left."

"See ya later, bro!"

▫️

"And I hope this new assignment won't bother any of you, since I heard no objections. Please be a hardworking student or none of you will graduate, understood?"

Felix? No. Hyunjin? No. Friends to talk to? A no too. Another sucks day to face, she thought. A pen hit her neck, she abruptly turn around to face who's the culprit. Turns out it was Donghyuck all alone-with a pleading eyes wanting her to keep him company. She chuckled, baby running to the empty seat by the male.

"That hurts!"

"I'm sorry, I was alone and bored so I called you because your best friends are joining the clubs too right?"

She rolled her eyes, "Yea, I haven't choose any club yet, how 'bout you?"

He shrugged it off, resting his arm on Jangmi's seat. "I'm not interested, but I have to pick one."

Unintentionally, Jangmi leaned into his arm, head fell on top of his shoulder adjusting her back to stay cozy at this type of position. It's cold outside and Donghyuck's warmness just makes her eager to dive into her dreamland.

"Were last weekend ain't enough?"

"Oh shut the fuck up, Donghyuck."

"You didn't even text me after I left your house," Jangmi lazily giggled, her heavy eyelids forced her to sleep, only the world knows how comfy Jangmi is in this situation. Quiet classroom, rain pouring outside and most importantly, Donghyuck.

After that night, Jangmi just realized one thing. He is a warm person, he feels like somehow the word 'home'. Though the cause of his state last weekend weren't clear-she was glad the universe set them so.

"Hey, look at me,"

Featherlike-that's how his finger felt under her chin-pushing her face up towards his direction. "How could I resist you if we are already this safe and secure with each other?"

Playing with her short hair, stroking, pushing away few hair strands to see her face clearly.

"Donghyuck, people watching-"

"Uh uh, and? I swear we only have times for each other now," And with that beautiful hand of his, he reached for her hand and intertwined their fingers together under the table. Jangmi looked up, he was right-no one was bothered to see their current activity and it sent chills down her spine.

"I could have kiss you,"

"Lee Donghyuck-"

Plumpish, a plumpish lip landed on her forehead and it stays for a long second. Jangmi swears her heart is doing a rope skipping by itself now, her other palm sweating too bad causing the pen to drop onto the floor.

"Why? Is your hope deceiving you? It's okay we are nothing more than just friends. I mean-not yet,"

Another cheeky giggle came from him, leaving her stoned for minutes. It's still the same intertwined fingers, the time-to-time hair sniffing and the thumb rubs. Small things could drove her out of her brain-once again-after a few days someone's there to mess around with her heart.

▫️