O38

"It's already evening, we should go to Jaehyun's house!" He looked troubled, Jaehyun's invitation made Doyoung tapping on his feet anxiously, patiently waiting for Jungwoo, Jangmi and Yeji to come down from their office after settling down some quick researches about much more white collared people in the country. Jangmi's white off-shoulder mini dress was the brightest once the three came down, it left Doyoung-finally-smiling ear-to-ear after being anxious of the running time.

"Let's go! We shouldn't be late, you know?"

"Keep calm and drive slowly, Kim Doyoung." Yeji's half deep voice managed to shut down the talkative one. Jungwoo, sneakily gave Yeji a thumbs up through the phone reflection did made Jangmi snorted loudly. The ride was taking around 20 minutes since the road was almost empty, it was kinda odd since it was going-back-to-home hour but the amount of vehicles on the road prove them wrong. The neighborhood Jaehyun's parents are living in aren't that different from Jangmi's parents', both were surrounded by high class people and even celebrities in the country. Doyoung gulped as he entered the place where Jaehyun pinned it as his parents' house location, still not used to see such people's neighborhood, not to mention Jangmi's parents' too-it's nerve-wrecking.

"He told you to park beside his car, right?"

"Yeah, he reserved a spot for us."

"That's... fancy." Yeji widened her eyes, by seeing Jaehyun's car's model, she could tell he wasn't an ordinary student, person, man, whatever you wanted to name him. They hoped out of the car and straight away went to the 6th floor inside one of the building in the famous Hannam The Hill. Jangmi's brain went a total zero after seeing Jaehyun standing there opening the door for them, as he looked neat and elegant enough for a barbeque night-thankfully all of them dressed nicely, to match the vibe of the whole neighborhood and people living inside of it.

"You guys came! Come inside, the others are already here," Jaehyun circled his arms around Jungwoo and Doyoung's shoulders, happily walking to the-super huge-living room, with mild strong LED light painting the ceiling and an opened balcony to bless their eyes with the pink and purple sky of the early summer, perfecto.

"You guys dressed nicely, what the hell." Yuta judged every single of them, thinking of why he always chose to end up wearing black sleeveless shirt with black denim as an outerwear, when there Taeyong was, all colory, flashy, outstanding with all sorts of pastels and bright color that could be seen as the main character, main event of the night.

"I'm getting a flashback of Jangmi and Donghyuck's first met, at the hotel? Wasn't it?" Mark playfully elbowed his smiling friend-for your information, he had been staring into the short haired figure ever since she made a way from the door to the couch-until he jumped right into Jaehyun's arm. They all laughed, only Yeji looked dumbfounded.

"Oh yeah, that night. Jung 'baby' Jangmi," Johnny decided to tease more until Taeil caught Yeji being all confused.

"Oh right, she wasn't there! Long short story, we were celebrating Donghyuck for winning the IT and E-Sport tournament at Signiel, so, we met the three of them and let's just say Donghyuck fell for Jangmi even before they entered the campus." Jangmi blushed upon hearing the first encounter of them from Taeil, while Doyoung face palmed himself, embarassed from remembering how he had been fanboying over Donghyuck because he is the IT boy of the generation.

"So, what's that Jung 'baby' Jangmi thing? Was he drunk or...?"

"Bingo! Yes, he was drunk, but then days after the incident, they-basically we-met at the campus. What a fate!" Mark ended the story with his unbearable laugh, it made the whole living room felt alive. The dinner wasn't even started yet but the bond between them grew stronger, it is a lie to say the secret agents want to stop going to the campus.

"Hey, hey enough! So Jaehyun, when's your mother coming home?" Donghyuck cut them off, curious of why was Mrs. Jung taking so long to buy things.

"It should be around 7, she said so. It's 6.35 now, don't worry.

▫️

The clock strikes on 7.15 when a sound of chattery chit-chats of mother and son was resonating through the house, sound of rustling paper bag came along within. Mrs. Jung's voice became louder as Jaehyun showed up at the kitchen, revealing himself and his beloved mother to all of his friends at-currently-the kitchen. Everyone, especially the girls, were busy preparing for the table though they knew Mrs. Jung prefers cooking first-thanks to Jaehyun-but they felt they should do something useful so they did whatever they could.

"Good evening, Mrs. Jung," It was Johnny and Yuta's voice, in unison, greeting the young-looking mother who set down the cooking ingredients and much more kitchen's needs on the counter. She greeted back only to get more greets from everyone, and Jangmi was taken aback by her beauty. Mrs. Jung looked different from Jaehyun, while the son has a fair skin and light brown eyes, the mother has a slightly tanned skin and dark eyes-so beautiful, she was in awe.

"Everyone's here? Where are the girls, Jaehyun? It is so rare for you to bring girls along, kiddo."

"Mother, they greeted you a while ago. How come you didn't notice?" He let out a soft chuckle, ready to grill the meat as Taeyong and Haechan helped him with preparing for the sauce and more meat in a plate by the stove.

Jungwoo, Taeil and Mark were outside, cleaning the table and made sure everything became 100% picturesque, film worthy and such-all thanks to Mark's little artsy touch. Mrs. Jung stepped out to the balcony, smiling to all of them, until Jangmi and Yeji turned around to greet the house's owner by bowing 90 degrees-as down as possible.

"How are you girls doing?"

"Oh! We're just-"

A sound of shattered glass woke Jaehyun's fight-or-flight sense,

"Mother?"

"You...? My daughter...?"

▫️