O30

"Guess what?"

"What?" Yeji-mouth full with her salad and meat-looking up to see her friend's eyes looking unbeatably confused, distracted before continued to munch her food. Jangmi still hadn't come to campus but it had been two days after the day she went out with Donghyuck, and their last stop was the park where they met those toddlers and a guy-who she actually knows and recognize, so, so well.

"You know I went out with Hyuck, right?" Jangmi asked, eyes sticking into Yeji's. "Mhm, of course I know and I did tell the others you went for a 'date'. What's wrong? Did I say something that is kinda off?"

"Remember that guy that I once told you, the one that once visited my classroom and kinda disturbing and Donghyuck defended me? And he was the one who called him last two days-but the thing is why did they looked so kind to each other? Is my brain deceiving me all the time? Is the world fucking healing-but, but! He immediately followed him-I mean Donghyuck tailed that guy to somewhere else-but of course he told me he's going but isn't-"

To shut her up, Yeji pushed a slice of meat into her blabbering mouth with a small force.

"Can you please, please! Shut! Your damn mouth since I am still chewing my damn food?"

"I am sorry, but he's kind of suspicious and off. What's his name again-"

"Lee Heeseung."

Jangmi let out a small noise while her hand-straight away-making its way to search up the name in the campus' website. A data showed up, revealing the called one with incomplete biodata. Being part of the IT team, due to her past lessons with Jisoo, it is very useful as a hidden data appeared making both of the female agents popping out their eyes.

"Did you see what I see?" Jangmi's black eyes getting wider and-you can say-it's popping out. Whereas Yeji, she tried so hard to look as calm as the untouched mineral water though it is quite surprising to her too.

"THEY ARE COUSINS? BUT WHY DID DONGHYUCK LOOKED UNEASY EVERYTIME HE WALK PASSES HIM AT THE DAMN CAMPUS?"

Sick of her screaming notes, Yeji took over the keyboard to click some words and entered a few passwords and boom-another data appeared, which had Yeji startled since she didn't have any motives to do so.

"Oh God, this Lee Heeseung is the grandchild of the Leader Lee? So that means Donghyuck is also the grandchild of Leader Lee-the leader of an association back in 1970s..."

Jangmi grabbed her hair, not believing the thing that just showed up straight in front of her eyes. It's like everything is getting shoved into her small brain in a very short time. "So that means, his grandfather was somehow a very influental person, right?"

The girl with long black hair then nodded, before logging out of the school's data-right after that, she took out her pen and a shared notebook to scribble down everything in her brain's box.

"But, but, but! Has Leader Lee passed away?" Jangmi looked up, asking Yeji with her full eyes-hoping they never met him or will meet him anytime in the future. Obviously because he is Donghyuck's relative, a grandfather.

"Yeah, even before Donghyuck was born."

"I see, now they are related. That Heeseung guy, isn't he suspicious?" It was Yeji's turn to show the scrunched eyebrows, cutting the air with her gaze all way into Jangmi's eyes.

"Lee Heeseung? I think he's just annoying-that's all. Most of the times he's just being funny and friendly, or vice versa."

Jangmi-yet again-was put into a long silence before she proceed to enjoy her now cold meal due to that guy named Lee Heeseung.

▫️

2 Days Ago

"Lee Donghyuck?"

Him-Lee Heeseung-standing there, frozen as he saw his cousin going out and having all fun with a girl with some kids in the evening whereas he was being scolded by his father regarding to their recently failed mission.

"Oh, what are you doing here?" Donghyuck, happily wearing the smile made by her, made his way to Heeseung who held back some words from flowing out of his mouth.

"What am I doing here? What are you doing here."

"If it's because that damn mission, I won't-"

"You won't what? Okay, okay, I don't want to create any chaos here so we might have to go to my house?"

The purple haired one nodded, following his cousin's wants and needs for the sake of justice between them. He was sick of him, and of course, his father too. Everything he planned just shattered that way-the plan on going to see Jangmi, her mother and his father's grave.

Now that both seated inside Heeseung's car, Donghyuck chose violence instead of peace. He threw a glare to his cousin, with his special look that screams 'now tell me what did we do wrong?' Heeseung heaved a sigh, forcing his body to face the one's beside him-with an annoyed look, of course.

"Can you like, wait for us to arrive home? You don't want to see us on the news with a title like 'two collegers found dead on the road-' okay I won't continue no more,"

"You annoying brat,"

"Says the one who went out to see his girlfriend-"

"She isn't, but I'm sure she will be my girl one day,"

"And you are sure of that? With your hidden job and stuff, would she be okay with that?" The thrown question is what Donghyuck fear the most, more than everything. He wouldn't want to lose his favorite person after everything he went through. It feels like he is walking on the edge of a cliff, hoping not to fall to the endless, cold abyss. Once he found himself falling into it, nothing would change and nothing could he change the written fate.

"We'll see, I don't want to lose yet another my beloved one."

▫️