4

Tsuna woke up in a state of the art lab with the thick scent of blood and the odor of all sorts of chemical. He didn't have a knife sticking out of his chest, instead he was dressed in a lab gown and strapped to a chair.

A man that looked like a scientist entered through a door.
" Oh good you are awake. We ran a few tests and managed to discover that you are capable of storing flames inside your body. You already have one that is protecting your heart. We call it Ice flames since it freezes things and it's the first time we saw it.", the man said.

Tsuna just stared at the man and said nothing. The scientist seem to get the message and chuckled, " Your parents just attempted to murder you then sold you to a lab that experiment on children no wonder you don't feel like talking."

" You are trying to get inside my head aren't you? There is no need for that, you can experiment on me all you want it's not like I care.", Tsuna said in monotone. The scientist was taken by surprise.

Normally when they kidnap children for their experiments they would kick up fuss and cried to go home. Some even died from the experiments, some are left traumatized, and only a few became successfully experiments after many tests.

" Sawada Tsunayoshi, I think you and I will be great friends I just hope you turn out to be a successful experiment and not a failure. My name is Alexandre the head scientist of the Estraneo famiglia branches.", Alexandre laughed boisterously.

" Do not call me by that name ever again or I swear there will be a day that I kill you for it.", Tsuna said venomously. Alexandre didn't pay much attention to his threat but he did name Tsuna Experiment number twenty seven after that.

As from that day Tsuna was kept in a cell with bunker beds and iron bars so he could see all the children that were also in their cells. They were all dressed in the same white clothing as him. The cells were also white. One can say they were completely blank just like these children's lives.

Tsuna was experimented on day after day but did he care? No. To him all this pain and torture was the same as with his family nothing was different, except it was strangers doing it this time. Besides the whip scars and the carved words in his skin they were new marks of needle holes and cuts from the scientists' tools.

Besides experiments Tsuna also slowly changed his personality and the way he thinks to something completely different and much darker. He buried his past but not his memories. His emotions were practically non existent since his heart was literally frozen by his ice flames.

But one day he experienced something that made his frozen heart jolt ever so slightly in what he could not explain as neither good nor bad. What was important was that he found a way to help free souls from the clutch of the evil scientists.

It all began one day half a year later after he was sold to Estraneo. Alexandre came to his cell and unlocked it. He led him to another cell with around ten children the same age as him. They were not far from death with pale lips and skins that made them resemble miserable ghosts.

" Number 27. Kill these failures for me. The cleaning up crew has their hands full and these little brats are going to stink up the place.", Alexandre scrunched up his nose in disgust. Tsuna looked at the kids before he nodded. Alexandre opened the cell door for him and let him in. The next thing he did was to stay and watch Tsuna

Tsuna lit up his nine flames as they created a beautiful myriad of colors, " Burn and be free from worldly miseries."