73

Dinner at the Mansion this evening was different, some one finally decided to break the silence at the dinner table with a question addressed to Cielo from Takeshi. Takeshi injuries had finally healed a few days before new years.

" Cielo, can you tell me more about what you and Sepira Sensei were talking about this morning in homeroom? It sounds very interesting.", Takeshi inquired.

" Oh that. It was me pointing out how greedy Humans can be and that treachery is naturally apart of their nature.", Cielo replied. Takeshi scratched his nape as he asked sheepishly, " Are Humans really that bad?"

" Worse. You three shouldn't worry about becoming bad humans, not all humans are bad.", Cielo said.

" No need to worry either Cielo, I don't think you are bad.", Hayato put in. " If only you knew. ", Cielo rolled his eyes. That was the end of the discussion. After that Cielo would converse with them at meal times, but it was limited.

In the middle of January the missions were released. It was in a huge hall that could hold half of the Academy's population. Their was a age limit to these missions, no one below ten could take a mission.

And the ten year olds must be part of a group with at least one student that was fourteen years or older to supervise and keep them safe. The ones who were already guardians of older kids had that covered.

Cielo and the others were one group since no one was going to separate them, or brave enough to ask for them to be apart of their own team.

The mission hall had a counter with working clerks that gave out the jobs and rewards. The room had large notice boards with over ten thousand missions.

The flyers for the missions gave details on the job that must be done, the rewards, and the rank of the mission.

" So you each get a chance to pick a mission. Decide amongst yourself who will go first. Keep in mind that the lowest rank you should choose is 'A'. ", Cielo stated.

The others nod and agreed among themselves that Takeshi was to be the first to choose the group's mission. In between group missions they were free to choose individual missions.

The mission was a A rank mission. It required them to leave the country and travel to an ancient ruin in a desolate mountain range.

They were to pass many obstacles such as lower level demons, defeat a special bloodline demon that guard the ruins, and finally retrieve a special artifact from many decades ago in one piece.

" Nice choice baseball freak.", Hayato gave Takeshi a thumbs up. " Yes it is. What great way to get experience.", Cielo added.
" Whatever. I am sure I could beat those weak herbivorous demons in one fell swoop.", Kyoya put in.

After taking the mission and recording their names at the counter Cielo led them through a portal. They appeared on a private air strip where they spotted a Warehouse that housed a luxurious ten seater plane and the latest model of a jet plane.

The Plane was already towed out on the run way and ready for take off. There was a pilot and a copilot in the cockpit, it was only waiting there for it's passengers.

They board the plane and it took off I'm the direction of their set coordinates. The plane naturally belonged to Cielo and he purchased it just for the purpose of letting their group complete missions abroad. It was stocked with supplies that anyone needed on a mission.

" This is awesome Cielo. You were really looking forward to the missions.", Takeshi said cheerily. Cielo laid back, put on a earmuff and a sleeping mask before replying, " More like looking forward to a perfect place to get some sleep." With that he fell asleep.