fifty

A/N: hi hi on the side is a video of my band and i performing a changed up version of pompeii by bastille so pretty please check that out and help me get to 300 subs maybe??? tysm! love u all,, enjoy this chapter xx
I woke up in an empty bed, to the sound of running water in the en suite. I smiled softly to myself at the thought of Luke being here, in our apartment. I smiled because of all the lovely gifts he had given me yesterday; him giving so much thought and care to each and every little thing. Our day yesterday was wonderful. It was so great being reunited with all the boys and the girls too, as I hadn't had time to seem them prior after only just getting back from university. It was even nicer to see my dad and his girlfriend, as well as Luke's family - whom I liked to think of as my second family. Each and every one of them treated me with such respect and love and care, and I wouldn't have it any other way. I was still so ecstatic that Luke had them back in his life. Despite all that went down years and years ago, they were such lovely, kind people and I was so thankful that Luke had them.
I yawned; stretching my arms as my body started to wake up more. I then felt an awfully familiar feeling, and groaned out loud, feeling my eyes water. Cramps.
I then familiarised myself with the warmth running down my leg, and I hesitantly unwrapped myself from the sheets and stood up on the bedroom floor.
I moved the doona off the bed to see the sheets, my leg and my pyjama shorts were all stained dark red, and I felt my whole body sting with embarrassment as a tear rolled down my face. I had gotten my period, and it was everywhere.
I felt stupid for not remembering my cycle, and I just genuinely felt embarrassed. Despite dating Luke for such a long time now, and despite him having experienced me getting my period numerous amounts of time and having to go to the shops and buy me tampons, I had never stained our sheets.
Was there ever really a normal or a right time in a relationship for your partner to see that? I didn't think there ever was.
I found myself starting to cry, and I couldn't really tell at all if it was my stupid hormones heightening my emotions, the cramps that were starting to kill like they always did, the fact that Luke was bound to see these stained sheets in a few minutes, or that me getting my period would ruin the day we had planned. It was boxing day, and it was summer, so we had planned to make it a beach day with the boys, Alex, Ella and Allison. But now I'd gotten my period, and I had really bad cramps, and I honestly didn't want to leave the house.
My sobs and mumbles had become so loud that I hadn't heard Luke opening the bathroom door and entering our bedroom.
"Morning babe," he greeted.
"Wait, Dans? What's wrong babe?" he worried, hurrying over to me. I turned around to face his concerned blue eyes staring at my own. My lip quivered as more tears ran down my wet cheeks, and he pulled me into his arms. I cried into his damp, bare chest, and he stroked my back up and down, pecking the top of my head continually. I pulled away, wiping my eyes.
He grasped each side of my face ever so gently, tilting my head so I was looking directly into his eyes.
"Baby, what happened?" he asked softly.
"I'm so sorry... I just... I forgot, and I didn't think and I..." I stammered, hiccuping.
"Hey, babe it's okay. Alright? Whatever it is we'll deal with it." he smiled.
"I got my period while I was sleeping, and it's all over the sheets, and it's all over me, and it's so disgusting and embarrassing and I'm so so sorry... I'll clean it all up and I'll change the sheets and I'll-"
"Babe." he said.
"Huh?"
"It's totally fine, okay? It's not a big deal. You shouldn't be embarrassed at all, and it's not disgusting. It's a natural thing, and sometimes stuff like this happens right? So don't be embarrassed about it at all. I'm your boyfriend, and I love you so much, and don't you dare stress at all about cleaning any of it up, and don't you worry about it ever happening again - because it's bound to happen. Just know that I don't care at all, so you shouldn't either. One day if we have kids, and we have a daughter, it might happen to her too. And she shouldn't be embarrassed if dad has to help her clean it up, so neither should mum. Okay? You go and have a long, hot shower, leave your stained clothes out here. I'll scrub them and put them in the washing machine, and then I'll go out and get you whatever it is you want or need, alright?" he assured.
I was utterly blown away by what he said; like I always seemed to be whenever he said most things. He was the loveliest person I had ever met, and to hear him be so concerned and so eager to reassure me that everything was fine made me realise how lucky I was to have such a lovely boyfriend. He even mentioned that one day we might have a daughter, and the fact that he spoke so lovingly about the daughter we may or may not have not being embarrassed about her period in front of her father was such a nice thing to hear. So many of my girlfriends when I was younger and we were all getting our periods would always talk about how embarrassing it was to talk about their periods around their dads, and it was so foreign to me. It was so foreign to hear it because my dad was all I had, and I had such a great bond with him - I never had a need to be embarrassed in front of him. And I remember from a young age wanting a daughter who would have a similar bond with her father, so hearing Luke talk about it made me want to cry even more than I already was.
"But what about the beach? I know how excited you were to have a day with all the guys today, because you were all so tired yesterday. I don't want to ruin it for you." I frowned.
"Dans it's totally fine. Honestly, I would enjoy myself much more being here at home with you and making sure you're as comfortable as possible, rather than going out all day and wondering if you're okay or not. The boys and I are going to be home for a whole month, and we've got ages to do things - plus we're with each other all the time anyways. I would rather spend time with you."
"I love you so much." I cried - literally. These fucking hormones.
"I love you too baby girl," he laughed, holding me tight and kissing my cheek.
"What do you need me to get?" he asked, rubbing my arms to comfort me.
"Could you just get me regulars and then maybe some chocolate... and some of the period nurofen please, if that's okay? I've got really bad cramps." I replied.
"Yeah, yes of course. I'll be back as soon as I can, okay? And I'm pretty sure there's a heat pack under the sink, so if the cramps get worse before I'm back just use that if you need to. Go shower babe, I love you."
"Thank you babe, I love you too." I smiled, sniffling as I walked into the bathroom, closing the door behind me.
I got undressed quickly, opening the door slightly so I could leave my stained clothes outside the door like Luke had asked.
I fiddled with the shower taps until the water was running at the temperature I desired, hopping inside and feeling the hot water hit my skin. I quickly washed my hair with my coconut milk shampoo and conditioner, before washing my body with my dove soap. I then turned off the water, and started running the bath. I decided on just quickly washing myself and then hopping in the bath, as I wanted a bath all along yet I hated nothing more than the thought of bathing in my own dirt.
Once the bath was finished running, I hopped in, smiling to myself because of the comforting feeling of a nice warm bath.
I heard my phone buzz from the bathroom vanity, and slightly moved around in the bath so I could reach it. I sat back down, unlocking my phone and opening up the text message that was from Luke.

Luk(ass)e💘💘: hey babe, how are you feeling? sorry to bother you but since i haven't gone out on a tampon run for you since over a year ago now i've kind of forgotten which aisle they're in...

I giggled a little out loud before typing a reply.

dans smells💚: the aisle with all the nappies babe!!
Luk(ass)e💘💘: oh that's right! thanks
Luk(ass)e💘💘: which ones do you get honey?
dans smells💚: regular tampons & night pads :)
Luk(ass)e💘💘: these ones?? *new picture message*
dans smells💚: yep, good job!!
Luk(ass)e💘💘: they're so expensive. why do you pay so much for them?
dans smells💚: babe i'll pay you back don't stress
Luk(ass)e💘💘: no i don't care about that, we both know i have enough money to buy you the entire aisle of them. but like, they're so expensive. and you need them??? it's not like you choose to have your period?? and you have to pay so much every month?! that's so stupid and unfair. like i know it's not a big deal for us because we can afford to get them any time, but what about young girls and mums in families that aren't very well off?? it's so unfair. they should be free
dans smells💚: you've got a heart of gold mr hemmings 😌
Luk(ass)e💘💘: you should write an article about this when you become a journalist and start a massive protest for young girls every where
dans smells💚: i love you
Luk(ass)e💘💘: i love you too. but really
dans smells💚: i know. it sucks, i remember one of my friends in high school who didn't have enough money to buy any. she used to have to wrap her undies in paper towels. when i found out i told my dad and we bought her tampons every month because she was the sweetest girl and it was such a sad thing to hear :(
Luk(ass)e💘💘: that's horrible. your dad is so nice
dans smells💚: they say that girls always end up dating guys with similar qualities to their fathers. guess that makes u just as nice
Luk(ass)e💘💘: you make me blush
dans smells💚: love you
Luk(ass)e💘💘: love you too. i have to go pay i will be home soon
dans smells💚: okay. see you soon :)
Luk(ass)e💘💘: i'll be as quick as i can
dans smells💚: not only is my boyfriend an international rockstar. he is also the flash.
Luk(ass)e💘💘: shush you!! ;)

I laughed again, putting my phone on the bathroom counter as I waited for Luke to get home, making the most of the warm water I was surrounded in - I rarely had baths, but when I did, rarely having them made them so much better.
Soon enough Luke was home, knocking on the bathroom door.
"Come in babe, I'm just in the bath" I called, and he opened the bathroom door smiling.
"Here gorgeous. I got you some track pants and that shirt of mine you really like from the draws, so you can put them on if you want. I ordered pizza over the phone while I was in the car, so it'll be here soon, and I rented some DVD's so we can put those on too." he said, before closing the door behind him.
I smiled in awe, once again taking a few seconds to appreciate what an amazing boyfriend I had. Then I took the plug out of the bath, hopping out of it and drying myself with a towel - careful not to stain it with blood. I then got dressed and pulled my hair into a messy ponytail before opening the bathroom door and snuggled into the freshly changed sheets next to Luke who had a box of pizza on his lap and two drinks sitting on his bedside table.
He flashed his cheesy white grin at me, and I laughed.
"Thank you so much, Luke." I smiled.
"What for?" he raised his eyebrows.
"For being the best boyfriend in the entire world." I admitted.

A/N:

helloooo guys!!!!

ok wowwowo i am super frustrated as i wrote this chap hours ago and i went to so much effort trying to upload it and it just wasn’t happening, i had to end up messaging the chapter i wrote to my phone and uploading it from my phone via the app lol.

sorry i haven’t updated this or any of my stories in quite a while,,, school has been so stressful for me wowow!!

i hope you guys like this chapter,

and alsooooo, on the side is a video of me and my band!! for an interpretation assignment we took the song pompeii by bastille and changed it up a bit, and that’s our performance of it! (i’m the first singer/the blonde singer) so yeah pretty please watch that, subscribe and maybe give it a thumbs up!! & please comment and let me know what you think! :-)))
i love u all a whole heap,, ps: this isn’t the end of forbidden yet!

oh and pps: please go check out my other two luke fan tics if you haven’t already! :-)

LOVE, 
ASH
XXX