fifty three

I woke up in the arms of the love of my life, smiling as the sunshine beamed on my face through the curtains. Today we were in Venice, Italy and the boys were playing a show.
Yesterday, Luke and I had announced our engagement on social media, and I swear, it literally blew up. I was expecting a little bit of hate, so I was pretty surprised when all I could see and read was endless amounts of support and love. I was so taken aback, yet so happy at the same time. It was so overwhelmingly lovely.

Of course, we had informed the boys, our close friends and families first. They too, were so happy about the announcement and said endless congratulations. I think they were all expecting it eventually, but when the time eventually came they were still so astounded and happy.

It was nice getting to speak to dad and Amanda more than anything, and dad was so extremely supportive which was wonderful.

"Hey dad!" I exclaimed through the phone.
"Hey princess! How's the trip going so far?" he asked, and I could tell he was smiling.
"It's been amazing dad, especially one thing in particular, which I called to tell you about!" I replied, excitedly.
"Ooooooh! What is it?!" Amanda squealed in the background and I laughed.
"Am I on speaker phone dad? Can you put me on speaker?"
"You're on speaker now, love."
"Hi Amanda!" I exclaimed.
"Hi honey! How are you?" she asked,
"I'm on top of the moon!" I admitted.
"Why so happy?!" dad asked.
"Okay, are you ready?" I said.
"I guess so?" he laughed nervously.
"Okay... Luke and I got engaged!"
"Oh my God, no way!" Amanda yelled excitedly.
"Yes, way!" I retorted, laughing.
"Wow honey! That's wonderful!" Dad said.
"He proposed to me after dinner in the Eiffel tower, oh my God."
"That's so romantic!" Amanda cooed.
"I'll have to agree with Amanda on this one... No but seriously Dani, that's wonderful. I'm so happy for you honey, I know how much he loves you, and how much you love him, and to hear this news is incredible! Congratulations!" dad admitted.
"Thank you so much dad, I'm so happy."
"I'm happy for you, honey."

I smiled at the thought of the conversation, and the immense happiness I could hear in my father's voice. Luke informed me that he had a similar conversation with his parents, them telling him how proud of him they were. They were constantly reminding him of how proud they were, and to see the sparkle in Luke's eyes each time they did was something I wanted to witness for the rest of my life. It made him so extremely happy when they said things like that to him, because it was a reminder of their love for him, even through everything.

The boys were all so excited and kind, it was lovely. When I called the girls separately, they all had pretty similar reactions which were all so wonderful to be greeted with. I had only realised after the phone calls how much I was missing them, especially since I really hadn't spent much quality time with any of them since going off to university, and because after graduating I had flown straight to Europe with Luke and the boys.

I had even written about the proposal in my exclusive magazine focused on the boy's tour in Europe, and Luke had sat by my side and observed me as I wrote about how wonderful of an experience and moment it was to have, and how I would remember it for forever and ever.

I felt Luke start to mumble from behind me, and his arms moved a little and I figured he was starting to wake up. My thoughts were confirmed, as I felt a kiss on my shoulder and blushed. No matter how long we had been together, every time he did something as simple as that, it made me smile so damn wide.

"Morning babe," I greeted, turning around to face him sleepy eyed and smiley.
"Hi beautiful." he spoke, with a voice deep and cracked and so beautiful that even though I had waken up to it so many mornings before, every time I heard it I wanted to play it on repeat over and over for the rest of my life.
"Your morning voice is so sexy." I admitted, using my thumb to caress his also sexy stubble that had grown on his chin, as he smirked.
"Good thing you'll be waking up to it for every day for the rest of our lives, right?" he said, and I smiled.
"I still can't believe we're getting married. Oh my God." I said, closing my eyes as my smile grew.
I opened them to look at his equally wide smile.
"I'm so happy that I'll get to make you Mrs Daniella Hemmings." he said.
"I'm so happy that I'll get to be Mrs Daniella Hemmings." I retorted.
"My God, I love you. I love you, I love you, I love you." he sighed happily.

---

I was backstage with the boys as they prepared for their show, and I continued to smile as I watched Luke do his warm ups and get extremely excited to go out and play music; his favourite thing in the world.

"Hey Dani!" Ashton exclaimed, and I looked to him, he had his back to me and his phone held in front of him with the front camera on.
"Come take a selfie with me!" he said, and I laughed as I walked over to him.
He put his arm around me and we both smiled, and he snapped the picture.
I watched as he opened the twitter app and posted the photo with the caption
"With @Luke5SOS's lovely fiancée! Yeah that's right. Fiancée!" and laughed with him.

I watched as Luke opened up the notification and smiled at his phone, before noticing that I was watching and smiling back at me.
I walked over to him, as he slipped his phone back in his pocked.
I wrapped my arms around his neck, closing the space between our lips and kissing him softly before pulling away and pecking him, and lingering my lips above his for a while before reopening my eyes and staring happily into his.
"Good luck honey," I grinned.
"Love you," he replied,
"I love you too babe. Do me proud!" I joked, winking, or trying to as we separated and he grabbed his guitar, walking out onto the stage with his four best friends and doing what he does best.

A/N:
HEeEYEYYeyYEYYEy!!!!
i've updated like 3 times this week everyone LUV me!! haha kidding but anyhow,,
i apologise that this chapter was so super duper short, but i wanted to get something up and i guess the way things workout is that the quicker the updates, the shorter the updates???
okAY but something i wanted to talk to you guys about!!!:
i've started a new ashton fan fiction, it's called 'Vegemite' and the trailer for it is on the side!! if you like it pretty please gO and check out the prologue that i've updated because i want to get people reading and commenting on it and stuff!!!!

thank you guys!,, also please comment/vote on this chapter bc i loooove reading your comments!
LOVE,
ASH
XXX