one

Hey guys! Here's the long awaited chapter 1 :) I understand it's not the best quality, but I promise the next one wil be a lot better :) It involves the party, and the first appearance of Luke, so I'll look forward to getting it up :) Let me know what you think so far xx

“Come on Dani, get up, you’ve got school!” the familiar voice of my father yelled, annoyance in his tone, as he sighed, ripping my bed sheets off my body. I shivered as a cold gust of air attached to my once warm body. Goosebumps formed on every inch of my body. The bed sheets that once provided me with extremely comfortable, taken for granted heat, were now what felt miles away from my shivering body. I grunted loudly in annoyance of the unappreciated movement. I forcefully opened my eyes, blinking a few times to rid the sleepy blur currently overtaking my sight.

I forced my stiff body off my bed, my feet pounding onto the dusty floor. I shifted myself up, and walked through the unfamiliar maze of unpacked boxes spread out amongst the bedroom floor. I directed myself to a box of clothes. 

{for the sake of the story, there is no school uniform}.

I bent down slightly, rummaging through the box to find an outfit appealing to my current mood. I was never one to care what others thought or said about me, but I guess that was because back home in Brisbane they never had much bad things to say. I was scared to death of starting again, after being in the same school with the same people for 12 years. First impressions could make or break my new reputation. I decided on black skinny jeans and a white paramore tee. I slipped both garments as well as undergarments onto my still shivering body. I grabbed my toiletry bag before walking into the yet to be familiarized bathroom. After living in the same house for my entire life, this new place was going to definitely make an impact. 

I sighed looking at my birds nest of hair in the mirror. I brushed my teeth thoroughly humming along to the tune of check yes juliet by we the kings. I spat the disgustingly minty substance into the sink, crinkling my nose from the taste. I rinsed the regurgitated toothpaste off the basin, rinsing my mouth at the same time. I wiped the stray bits of toothpaste on the side of my mouth with the back of my hand, before brushing my hair. My hair was naturally wavy, and I honestly couldn’t be bothered with straightening it or putting it into any sort of style that would take more effort then brushing through the notty strands. I splattered a bit of moisturizer on my face before using my fingers to spread it out and rub it in to all the places of my face. Once that extremely boring task was completed, I continued to apply my makeup which consisted of concealer, lip gloss and the smallest fraction of eyeliner. I slipped on my black chucks, grabbing my maroon backpack and placing in my makeup and a few bobby pins before trudging down the stairs into the conjoined kitchen and living area where my dad was impatiently sipping on his coffee. I grabbed the textbooks dad bought for me off of the cold bench and slipped them into my backpack, unfortunately creating more weight. I grabbed a water bottle from the fridge, along with a green apple, taking a bite before walking to the front door where dad was already unlocking it.

In a few seconds we were sitting side by side in an uncomfortable silence as we drove in the direction I assumed was my new school. I sighed as we reached the school gates. 

“Good luck” my dad mumbled, I nodded awkwardly before opening the passenger door and shutting it, hopping out in between of course. I bit my lip as I headed closer and closer with every foot step I took. I dumped my apple into a bin, as I nervously stepped foot into the first official part of the school. I suddenly became self concious as I felt several pairs of eyes observing my every move as I quietly searched around for the school office. 

“Hey babe” said a husky voice coming from in front of me. I questioningly looked up to reveal a football team material kind of guy standing in front of me, with dark brown hair swept to the side, contrasting with the gelled spikes up the back of his head. He was wearing blue skinny jeans, a black tank top and the stereo-typical red varsity jacket.