forty eight

Yet another year of university had passed, and I was now home at Luke and I’s apartment for the Christmas holidays. Next year would be my final year of university, and I found myself having to take a moment to think of how shortly the past three years had passed. Throughout them, Luke and the boys had continued to rise to stardom, and I could not be prouder of their achievements. Last year, they had won EMA’s, Teen Choice Awards, an American Music Award, a VMA, a Kid’s Choice Award, and a Kerrang! award. I was so stoked for him and so supportive it was ridiculous. 

I had continued to ace my media class, and I enjoyed every minute of it. I was beyond excited to finish my final year of study and get out into the real world and put my journalism skills to use.

It was Christmas Eve, and I was waiting up for Luke to get home. He wouldn’t be here to the early hours of the morning, and asked me specifically not to wait up, but I couldn’t help it.

Every inch of me was aching just to see his face, to hear his voice and to feel his touch. I hadn’t seen him in a painfully long 6 months. I was so busy at university, and he hadn’t been in Australia since June any how. 

They were playing a show almost every night, and when they weren’t they would be on a plane, or doing promotional work, interviews, award shows and so on. They were so busy that sometimes even a text was a hassle for him — which sucked a lot.

I missed him like hell, and in some ways I was glad for all the work I had to do — it distracted me from the fact that I was a way from him.

I could barely remember the last time I had seen his face on Skype or facetime, he didn’t have enough time for it.

I still couldn’t believe that they would be arriving home right on Christmas Eve, it was so hard on them. They would each be so jet lagged and sleep deprived on Christmas day, they would barely be able to enjoy it. For Christmas, we were all going to Calum’s house. It would be the boys, myself, Allison, Ella, Alex and all our families. I was super excited to spend the day with all the people who meant the most of me.

It was 1:24am when I heard the door unlock and someone step inside — when I heard Luke.

I rose so quickly from our shared bed I nearly fell over, and I ran to the front door to find a sleepy Luke.

“Luke!” I exclaimed, and he looked up at me opening his arms and holding me tight.

“Hey baby girl.” he said sleepily into my hair.

“How was your flight?” I asked, helping him with his bags.

“Babe don’t touch that one!” he snapped as I grabbed the straps of a small black bag. I immediately let go, looking to him with a hurt, confused expression.

I didn’t understand what it was that I had done to make his tone of voice change so instantly, all I had done was pick up a bag.

“What?” I questioned, with a raised eyebrow. I reached for the handle of his suitcase, starting to wheel it towards our room.

“Daniella, can you just -” he said.

“What’s wrong? I’m trying to help you…” I stammered.
“No I know you are, but-”

“But what, Luke?” I taunted.

“I thought I told you not to wait up for me.” he said bluntly.

“Excuse me? Wow, I’m sorry that I couldn’t sleep because my boyfriend who I haven’t seen, who I’ve barely gotten any texts or phone calls off for a long 6 fucking months was finally coming home. Sorry that I thought he might be really fucking sleep deprived, and that I thought I should help him with his bags so that he could get some sleep. Jesus Christ Luke, there’s always something with you!” I shouted, feeling the anger boil inside of me.

“Well fuck Daniella, sorry for caring about you enough to ask you to get a good night’s sleep. Sorry for knowing that when you don’t get enough sleep, you get pretty irrational and emotional and this very moment is a clear fucking example of that.” he retorted.

I felt my eyes stinging and tears on my cheeks, but I chose to stand my ground.

“Dammit Luke! Do you know how much it fucking hurts to be away from you for so long? And the first time I see you after 6 months, this is how you treat me, simply because I’m trying to help you with your fucking bags?!?” I argued.

“You think it doesn’t get to me, Daniella? It fucking hurts me every single minute that i’m not with you. You think you’re the only one hurting? Get over yourself!” he screamed.

“Stop trying to change the subject away from the fact that you got mad at me, for trying to help you with your bags!” I hissed.

“Well you said it your fucking self, I’m sleep deprived. News flash, sleep deprived people are moody, and fucking tired.” he spat.

“Well, mr. obnoxious and sleep deprived, I hope you enjoy sleeping on the couch tonight, asshole.” I stated, before returning to the bathroom and slamming the door shut.

I felt another tear slip down my face as I slipped under the unmade covers on Luke’s side of the bed, doing my best to fall asleep as I wondered what the hell was in that bag.

A/N:

hi hey helloooooo!!!!!!!

so i know this is really super short but i kind of just wanted to leave it at that u feel me??
also i know it’s a lil bit of drama and stuff but i felt like things were getting a lil bit too happy and i needed to add at least one more thing, bc it’s pretty damn normal for couples to fight so i felt like this was a little necessary!?!?!?!?
i promise i’ll update again like super duper sooooon!!

Q: COMMENT WHAT YOU THINK WAS IN THE BAG/WHY LUKE WAS HIDING IT AND THAT!!
(if any of you get it right i’ll mention you in the next chap)

i love u all a whole lot and u mean the absolute world to me, thank u all sm for all the support i’ve had on this story so far, i can’t believe it’s almost coming to an end!!
also: if you haven’t read my luke fan fic ‘the music industry’ yet, please go ahead and check it out, it only has like 2 chapters at the moment but once this ends i’ll be focusing on that a lot, && i’m really hoping u all get as passionate about that story as you are about this one, bc that’d be so wonderful
anyhow that’s basically it, i hope you all are having a wonderful day, i love u sm

LOVE,
ASH
XXX