eighteen

“Wait, what about the tour?”

-

“Shit” Luke breathed.

“What tour?” Justine asked,

“Luke, Ashton, Michael and Calum are in a band together, and they’re going on tour on Saturday, that’s 4 days away. Daniella’s also going on tour with them.” dad informed her.

All eyes switched to Justine as we all impatiently awaited her to say something.

“Well, Luke should definitely be alright by Saturday, he’ll still have a few bruises but he should be okay to perform. His system is more immune to injuries has he’s had a handful of them in the past; yet for Daniella, I can’t be too sure, but I honestly don’t think she’ll be able to go with you guys on Saturday. She needs at least a full week of rest, I’m sorry.” she explained.

I gasped, of course. This was so typical; all Luke and I had was bad luck.

“A-Are you serious? Are you sure she can’t have a doctor come with us or something? It’s not like she’ll be performing or anything, she’ll be getting rest!” Luke exclaimed,

“No, I’m sorry. We’ll just wait and see how she is on Friday night. If she’s not ready then, then you’ll have to leave without her.” Justine bluntly replied.

“That’s bullshit!” Luke screamed.

“Luke!” I scowled, causing him to look at me.

“Calm down, it’s not worth it” I sighed,

“It is worth it Daniella! You know very fucking well neither of us can go a solid 24 hours without each other’s company! So if you think it’s not worth it then good luck being stuck here for an extra 72 hours!” he yelled.

I let out a breath I didn’t even know I was holding in.

I think everyone else got the message quite quickly as they all started piling out of the room one by one until eventually Luke and I were the only ones in the room.

By this time the two of us were breathing heavily.

I was sitting up in the bed with my back against the wall and he was standing at the end of the bed facing me.

“Why are you getting so worked up about this?” I asked him,

“Do you seriously think you can go 72 hours with out me? Do you?” his voice lowered, as he moved a little closer.

“I wasn’t saying that Luke. Yes, I fucking know I wouldn’t be able to go 72 hours without you. You know that, I know that. But there’s something you’re not telling me, what are you hiding? What’s wrong?” I snapped, my voice becoming softer at the end of my sentence.

He sighed, moving closer.

“I don’t want you being here on your own for 72 hours. Look what happened today. We separated for less than 48 hours and now we’re here. If I’m not with you, I can’t protect you. I already failed you, I can’t do it again. I just, Daniella I care about you too much to leave you here in this vulnerable state” he explained quietly; looking in my eyes as his voice shook.

I bit my lip.

“Luke, we already went through this; what happened today wasn’t your fault. I’ll be here under the hospital’s care, under my dad’s care. Be realistic; what’s going to happen to me?” I addressed,

“Dans, they’ll go to such extreme limits to take you away from me, you have no idea. I can’t leave you here, I just, I’m not leaving you here. I’ll stay here if I really have to.” he asserted.