Twenty nine

Luke's POV

As soon as those words left her mouth, I knew I had fucked up bad. Worse than I ever had before.

Because I lost her. I lost the only thing keeping me sane, and I was the only one to blame.

I didn't only lose her, I lost my best friends.

There was most certainly no way that I was going to just let all I had been through with them, especially her, just go to waste because of an addiction.

I wasn't going to let them pickup the pieces that I broke. I was sick of seeing the people that mean absolutely everything to me hurt because of me.

I was going to fix this.

So I did the thing that made sense in that moment, I knocked on John's hotel room, and as soon as he opened up the door and looked me in the eyes, I'm pretty sure he knew what was coming.

John was the only fatherly figure I had left in my life.

I opened up to him completely, telling him everything right from the very start; where it all began.

* * * * *

// A/N: this is supposed to be in italics but for some reason I can't put it in italics via the iPad for some reason lol //

I woke up to the irritating sound of my phone ringing, causing me to sit up and open my eyes, only to see that it was still practically dark outside.

I grabbed my phone from the table beside me, seeing Kasey's name flashing across the screen. It was 4:30am, Daniella was still sound asleep beside me, she wouldn't notice if I left, would she?

I slid the phone, answering the call as I hopped up off the bed and wandered into the bathroom, to prevent Daniella waking up.

"Hello? What do you want, Kasey it's 4:30 in the morning" I sighed.

Kasey was my ex girlfriend. She introduced me to drugs, and basically made me the person I am today. Most of which I'm ashamed of. Alex and the boys discovered soon enough that it was her who was introducing me into all of my bad habits and they put a stop to it. I broke up with her, though at the time she was having a lot of issues with her family. Her dad beat not only her mother, but Kasey as well. Despite the fact that she practically tore apart many of my friendships, and my family, I still felt pretty bad just dumping her when she kind of needed me to be there for her. So being the naive idiot I was, I promised her that I would be there for her if she ever needed me. And I stuck to that promise, as I always did with my promises. She only ever needed me a couple times.

But it had been about 2 or so years since I had spoke to her last and now she was calling me.

"Luke? I, I need your hel-p" she sobbed.

"Kasey, what do you need? I'm in England, how am I supposed to help you?" I questioned.

"I know you're in England, I'm-I'm here too, it's a long story but I... I'm I'm trouble.. I owe this guy a lot of money, and he.. He's banging on the door and I'm so scared.. Luke, he's going to kill me" she breathed out in quiet sobs.

"Jesus, Kasey. Where are you?" I sighed,

"23 Barrett road, it's right around the corner from your hotel."

I didn't even want to know how she found out where I was staying, so I just left that bit out of what I said next.

"Yeah yeah, I'll be there soon." I replied, before hanging up and getting dressed. I walked out of the hotel room, closing the door behind me quietly before unlocking john's car with the keys he gave me incase of emergencies and driving to Kasey's destination.

Soon enough I arrived and surely enough there was a scummy looking guy banging on her front door screaming about money.

I hopped out of the car, locking it behind me and then walking up behind the guy.

"Does he owe you money too?" I spoke up, startling him as he turned around to face me.

"He?" He questioned,

"Yeah, Dylan. He owes me 2k, fucking asshole" I lied.

"Doesn't Kasey live here? Kasey jones?" He asked, confusion clear in his voice.

"Kasey Jones? Nah, she flew back to Australia yesterday." I stated.

"That fucking bitch!" He screamed, kicking the door before screaming once more and trudging off.

I then knocked on the door as soon as he was out of sight.

"Kasey, it's Luke" I said quietly, to which she straight away opened the door and greeted me.

"Thank you so much Luke, I'm so sorry, I really didn't mean to get you involved I just didn't know who else to call," she sighed.

"Do you want to come in?" She asked.

"I um, yeah, I guess" I said quietly before following her inside.

-

"Wait Luke! Before you go, I um, could I ask another favour?" She sighed worriedly.

"Uh, what is it?" I asked.

"There's a guy after some heroin that I'm dealing because I took some of his money, and he's probably going to break in and steal it all and I can't have that because then ill owe more people heroin and more people will be after me and... Um, would you mind hiding the heroin in your hotel for just a few days? Please?" She asked.

"Jesus, Kasey" I grunted.

I let out a massive sigh before reluctantly agreeing.

That's how it all started.

One minute, I was hiding Kasey's heroin in my hotel room, and the next minute, I was staring at it, and after that, I was injecting it into my bloodstream.

And then I was secretly meeting her at Starbucks and other places behind my girlfriends back so I could pay her for my constant use of her heroin stash.

I became addicted so quickly.

But soon enough they discovered my stash and that's when I decided to fix my own mess.

*****

John looked at me like I was insane once I explained everything to him.

But then I think he understood why I was explaining everything to him.

I told him that I wasn't going to let my foolish mistakes cause me to lose the most important people in my life. And I intended to stick to that.

John reluctantly agreed to drive me to the airport from which I would fly to "the best" rehab facility over in America.

He also promised not to tell the others where I was situated. As much as it hurt me not to see my baby girl or my best friends for what could be as long as 12 months, I knew it was probably for the best. I wanted to get better, and I wanted to do it for them. And I think that their absences in my life will make it clear how much I need them in it.

I was getting better for them, for myself. I wanted to change for the good, I was sick of letting everyone down.

Besides, this rehab facility is kind of cool. They let me play guitar. I've been working on a few songs actually. For her. It's all for her.

A/N: OKAY SO I ALWAYS PROMISED YOU GUYS A LUKE'S POV AND SO HERE IS ONE FINALLY :-) I THINK I WILL DO THE NEXT CHAPTER IN HIS POINT OF VIEW AS WELL.

I love you guys lots and I know this is kind of short but I kind of wanted to leave it like that at the end so I could continue on to the next chapter with an idea based around that.

I LOVE YOU GUYS

- ash