forty six

“God, it’s been so long since all of us have been together like this… and so much has changed, it’s crazy.” Ashton sighed happily, as Ella cuddled closer into his chest making him smile even wider.

“I’m so glad that everything is back to normal. Wait, scratch that. Everything is better than normal and I couldn’t be happier. We’ve got Ella and Allison here now too, everything’s just… amazing.” I speculated, feeling my stomach twist in joy at the sight of those I care about the most all sitting around me in a bliss which I wished could last forever and ever.

“I can’t believe that we graduated last week. That’s some crazy shit guys… I mean these past two years have been insane. I really never did think we’d make it.” Alex admitted as Michael looked to her with pride glimmering in his pale green eyes.

“Well, some of us.” Luke laughed, his chest vibrating against my back, making me laugh with him.

Michael and Calum both dropped after returning from the tour which never really was a tour in the first place.

Ashton, on the other hand didn’t want to give up on his schooling, he insisted on enduring for the rest of the year along with us others. “I haven’t done 12 years of school just do flake on the last and most important year!” 

Ella and Allison had both convinced their parents to relocate them to our school for the rest of the year, and I stood side by side them as well as my very best friend Alex in our school hall for the very last time as we graduated from high school, whilst our boyfriends (minus Ashton) watched from the crowd along with our families in awe.

It was strange to think that we would never go back to high school. It was strange to think that we were now officially considered adults and apart of the Australian society as people who had the capacity to understand what people only years younger than us were thought not to understand.

The eight of us were currently at Ella’s beach house in the central coast, sitting on blankets atop of sand and surrounding a fire radiating warmth to each of us staring at awe in the stars in the arms of those whom we wanted to forever stay with.

I almost laughed at how cliche' the entirety of it was. It was almost like the perfect ending to the perfect movie in a sense. 

We were staying here for two weeks, before going back home and starting with whatever we had plans to do.

Allison has a love for baking, and let me tell you — she bakes the most fantastic cookies I’ve ever tasted. She has dreams of opening her own caffe one day, and I couldn’t wish anything more upon her. After these two weeks of relaxation are over, she’s going on to complete a cooking course, and then she’ll take up an apprenticeship with a bakery in the city.

Ella is going to university to do a teaching course, she loves music and she wants to teach others how wonderful it is. 

To my surprise, Alex loves little kids with all her heart and is going on to complete a course on children. She’s been offered a position at a pre-school from a family friend and will go on to work there after completing her course.

I’m going to The University of Melbourne to complete my 5 years of study, before going on tour with the boys and taking as many opportunities as possible to interview other bands and get involved with big magazine and journalism companies.

The boys, are flying out to Los Angeles to write their very first album, and I’ve never been more thrilled. They would always speak and dream endlessly over playing in front of massive live audiences, and having their very own music played on the radio worldwide — and now they’re getting ample opportunities to do just that and more.