twenty five

- beware this is not edited i promise i'll go back over it later but for the mean time excuse any spelling mistakes etc love you all 

“That’s not Luke’s sister. That’s Luke’s ex girlfriend, who just so happens to be the person who introduced him to drugs

Those words never left my mind as I returned to the expectantly empty hotel room and lied down on the unmade bed, the words replaying themselves over and over in my head. It was like one of those songs that you absolutely hated, but it always seemed to be playing every where you went, and everyone would be singing it, and it would be catchy, so it would get stuck in your head for the rest of the day, but this time, it was much worse than that.

Drugs? Ex girlfriend?

What the hell was he doing having coffee behind my back with his ex girlfriend who introduced him to drugs? Was he cheating on me? Getting drugs? At this moment in time I honestly couldn’t think of which would be worse. Maybe he was doing both.

Those words never left my mind as the week went on either. It had been 4 days, and I hadn’t spoken a word to Luke about it. If I’m going to be completely honest, I think I was more scared than anything. Did I even want to know?

Whilst I was busy being scared and contemplating my options, I had picked up on a lot of things that Luke had been doing differently recently.

It’s like he’s a new person. He’s always so drowsy and dizzy, he’s confused and half the time it’s difficult to tell whether or not he’s drunk because he slurs his words so often. He doesn’t even kiss me anymore, which is so strange. He also never eats.

It was getting pretty damn annoying to sleep in the same bed as someone who would hold you in his arm one minute and then practically pushed you out of the bed the next. Not that I was getting any sleep, anyways.

I’m pretty sure I had developed insomnia, but that was not my biggest concern right now, not at all.

The sound of knuckles hitting against a wooden door awoke me from my deep thoughts. Apart of me hoped it might be Luke, but I knew it wasn’t. He was never around much, unless he had to be. Unless he had to do some tour business, he was always somewhere else.

I stood up, stumbling a little before finding my balance and opening up the door to see 3 familiar boys staring back at me with concern and other expressions I couldn’t depict.

“Hello?” I greeted them, but it came out as more of a question.

“Hey Dans, um, could we come in?” Calum asked. 

I raised an eyebrow at the 3 of them, but stepped out of the way, letting them know they could come inside. Once they had all come in, I shut the door behind me and sat down on one of the couches. 

“What’s wrong?” I questioned, biting my lip; although I was pretty sure what the topic of our conversation was going to be.

“It’s about Luke,” Ashton began, “I know” I sighed.

They gave me momentary looks of sympathy, but returned back to the conversation.

“Alex told me that he was with Kasey at Starbucks, I guess that’s what made us worry in the first place. But now that I think about it, he was acting off before that even happened. It’s just getting worse and worse” Michael explained, and I nodded softly.

“I don’t know what to do anymore, I don’t even understand what’s going on,” I sighed, my eyes starting to fill with tears, I blinked them away though.

“Well, we’re pretty sure that he’s doing drugs again. I don’t know why, or how it got to this, and I have no idea what we’re going to do. Last time it was pretty difficult getting them off them, especially when he had no family looking out for him, only us. We don’t even know what he’s been taking” Ashton said.

I flinched every time the word drugs was mentioned, even though I was well aware of the situation.

“I just, I don’t, I” I mumbled, tears beginning to roll down my cheeks. 

All of the boys stood up, coming over to me.

I guess at first none of them really knew what to do, but then they all just hugged me. We all just sat there in an embrace, and by the end of it, I knew I wasn’t the only one so cut up about this. Michael’s cheeks were tear stained, Ashton’s eyes were all red and I’m pretty sure I heard Calum sniffling.

It felt like about half an hour of hugs and tears until we all calmed down and sat down again.

“So what are we supposed to do about it? I mean we can’t just sit here in discuss it, we have to tell one of the managers or something. We can’t have him fuck up a show or whatever else” Calum spoke, breaking the silence.

“We need to find out what he’s taking first” Michael said.

“How are we supposed to do that? We can’t fucking ask him” Ashton snapped.

“Did I fucking say we were going to ask him?!” Michael shot back.

I put my head in my hands, as an attempt to calm myself down, which wasn’t working at all.

“Guys stop!” Calum yelled, making everyone look at him.

“Fucking hell, the last thing we need is two of you going at each other! One of us is doing drugs and the other two are arguing! Fuck it’s like you want this band to break up! Just please, calm down. I know you’re angry and upset and whatever else but you’re not the only ones. We’re all scared, we’re all hurt by this. But we need to work together, not against each other.” Calum explained.

I was really amazed by what he said.

Calum wasn’t really one to say things like that, and take things seriously. I would’ve expected it to be Ashton to say that, I was shocked to say the least. 

But I guess life is full of surprises, I never really expected my boyfriend to do drugs.

Ashton and Michael muttered sorry’s to one another before sitting back down, this time in different spots on the couch.

“Fuck!” Michael yelped, jumping off of the couch and holding his butt in agony.

All of us exchanged looks before looking at Michael.

“What just happened?” Ashton asked.

“All I know is that I sat on something pointy and now my ass fucking hurts” Michael breathed out.

We all stood up, going to where he had sat down.

We pulled one of the couch cushions off to see a syringe.

“Oh my God” I breathed.

“That’s fucking heroin” Calum said.

Ashton opened his mouth to speak but before he could all of us turned our heads to the door that just burst open with a sleep deprived Luke standing in the door way, with his eyes widening at the sight of the needle sitting on the couch.

OMG HI GUYS IM SO SORRY I HAVEN'T UPDATED IN 3343749287489723 YEARS HOLY SHIT 
BUT HEY I'M BACK AND I'M SORRY THIS UPDATE IS HORRIBLE AND OMG LUKE'S ON DRUGS AND OH FUCK LUKE Y U DO DIS DUDE WHAT 
THANK YOU ALL FOR 500K READS Y'ALL ARE THE BEST PEOPLE TO EVER LIVE I LUV U ALL LONG TIME
LOVE ASH XX