thirty one

A/N
hey guys, omg i haven't had an authors note at the start of a chapter in ages! anywho, i hope you guys enjoy this extra long chapter. It's a little bit of a filler i guess but it's also important. i've been really busy with exams and school so sorry for not updating, but after friday i'm on school holidays so i'll be updating more than usual :-)
love you,
- ash xx

There he was, right in front of me.

“Luke!” I yelped, running towards him and jumping into his heavenly arms — finally, I was home again. 

“Baby girl,” he whispered softly, kissing the top of my head softly, and lingering there for what felt like forever. Not that I minded though, I missed the feel his kisses left. I missed him.

“God, I missed you” I sighed, cuddling myself tighter into his chest, the sounds of his fastened heartbeats echoing throughout my ears.

“Don’t even get my started Dans, I don’t even know how I survived without you for that long” he replied.

Suddenly the beats of his heart grew quite irregular, they began to sound more and more unlike a heart beat. They went from a smooth boom, boom, boom, to a strange tap-ti-tappity-tap. 

The sound grew louder and louder.

I jolted awake, jumping up.

Tap-ti-tappity-tap. 

Someone was at the door. Although I knew it could not possibly be him — all I wished was to open that door and find my favourite pair of eyes staring back at me.

I scratched my neck, before rubbing my eyes slightly to rid them of ‘sleep’. I pressed the home button on my phone which was situated on Luke’s bedside table to check the time, 11:37pm it read. Oops, I slept in again I thought sarcastically.

The knocking started up again, and I let out a loud groan which echoed throughout the house before slowly getting out of bed and trudging towards the front door.

I opened the door and was slightly surprised to see who was on the other side — I honestly thought they had given up on me already.

“Alex?” I greeted, yet it came out more in the form of a question.

“Daniella?” she mocked, laughing half heartedly, but when I didn’t join her in laughter — she awkwardly quieted down.

She looked me up and down, picking up on the fact that I was in Luke’s clothes.

“Um, can I come in?” she awkwardly questioned.

“Uh, yeah sure,” I replied, standing to the side and letting her come inside before closing the door softly behind her.

I turned around to see her staring back at me.

“What is it?” I asked, nervously.

“You can’t keep doing this Dani, you’re pushing away everyone who cares about you. Sleeping in his clothes? In his apartment? You’re never going to feel anything other than sadness if you keep doing that — and that is no good for anyone” she started.

“Look, Alex if you came here to lecture me about how I should be dealing with this situation please just leave” I stated bluntly, looking at the floor — even though I knew that every word she said was true.