thirty four

A/N: i realise that Luke turns 18 on the 16th of July which is in 4 days (i’m australian), but in the book i’m making it so that daniella and her father moved to sydney at the end of july (when Luke would’ve turned 17), and then they went on tour in August/September, Luke went to rehab in October, and he’s been there for two months so far, which makes it December. Which means if he waits until he turns 18, he will have to wait 7 months. Just wanted to clear that up :-)

“Have you decided what you’re going to do yet?” Claudia asked, before plopping a carrot into her mouth.

Hayden also turned his attention to me, the two of them eagerly awaiting my answer.

“Yeah, I have.” I spoke bluntly, picking at my food — I didn’t feel hungry at all. I had another appointment with Andrea after this, and I had to tell her my decision. From there she was going to take action.

“And?” Hayden furrowed his brows. 

“I’m going to find my parents” I announced, avoiding their eyes. 

“Oh?” Claudia replied, making me look to her with an eyebrow raised. Why was she surprised?

“What?” I questioned.

“Are you sure it’s really worth it? I mean… Is it really worth all of that trouble, like what if your parents refuse? You’re only getting your hopes up over something that probably won’t even happen — if I were you I’d just wait another 7 months. It’s really not that long” she explained.

To be quite honest, I was pretty pissed at her response. It really seemed as if she would do anything to have me stay here longer, and that really bothered me. She knows how much Daniella means to me, she understands — she had Sam. Yet it’s as if she doesn’t want me to be happy again. I’m sure if she had the opportunity to be released 7 months earlier to see Sam, she would go for it. I would encourage her to do so, too. But I guess she’s one of those people who can dish shit out, yet not take it in return. Those kind of people annoy me. Plus, I really do think my parents might come and sign me out. I’m turning 18 in 7 months, which means it’s almost been a good 2 years since everything happen. Maybe they’ve forgiven me. But then again, hearing that I’m in rehabilitation for a fucking heroin addiction is probably just going to disappoint them so fucking much. They won’t believe I’ve changed. God dammit, everything is such a mess. 

“Of course it’s fucking worth it, Claudia. I’ll get to see her if it all works out. Stop acting like you know everything about me! Because you don’t! God dammit, I can’t stand another 7 months in here. You should know that. And yeah maybe, maybe they’ll refuse! But how the fuck will I ever know if I don’t try?!” I exclaimed.

DING DING DING

Quite ironically, the bell saved me from having to deal Claudia’s shit any longer. She had really been getting on my nerves recently, she just assumed she knew everything there was to Daniella and I, but she didn’t. This one time, I had assumed something about her and Sam when I was trying to give her advice, and God, she got so fucking angry at me. But she assumes shit about my baby and I all the fucking time — and she never even apologises.

I stood up from my seat, giving her a glare before turning on my heal and marching off towards my room, waiting for Andrea to arrive.

Soon enough she was there, and we were seated across from each other in my room.

“Is everything okay, Luke?” She questioned, noticing my uneasy vibes. How couldn’t she? They were rather obvious.