six

My eyes fluttered open to the unfortunate ringing of my phone. I heard Luke groan and pull me closer as I tried to escape his grasp, giggling.

"Luke I need to answer it" I said.

He let out another throaty groan before releasing his arms from around my waist.

I stood up from the bed and grabbed my phone from the bedside table.

Monday 27 June 
10am
Dad calling

Shit, I have school today. 

I reluctantly and nervously pressed answer.

"Hello?" I bit my lip nervously, Luke's eyes intently watching me.

"Daniella where the hell are you?! You've got school today! You told me you might be home 'late' the other night. So I stayed up all night waiting for you, but you didn't come, not last night either. Why haven't you replied to my texts? Jesus Christ! You're grounded. Get home right now. You've got a lot of explaining to do!" My dads angry voice yelled through the phone, startling me before his end went dead.

It took me a minute or two to comprehend what he had actually said.

"Luke I need to go home. Can you please drive me?" I asked.
"Don't you want breakfast first?" He raised an eyebrow,
"No! Can we just go" I snapped.

I grabbed my belongings and placed them in my handbag, hearing Luke's sigh as he quickly pulled a tee over his head & a pair of skinny jeans over his legs.

I quickly walked out the front, waiting for Luke to shut the front door and unlock the car which within a few seconds he did.

I hopped in to the passenger seat and sat down with a huff. I now realised I was only wearing Luke's shirt and a pair of his boxers.

Soon enough we reached my house, Luke parked a bit further away from the house then he had the other night, most likely to avoid dad.

"Hurry up and get dressed and ill take you to school" Luke muttered.

I just looked at him strangely. Knowing my dad I'd probably get a schools length lecture.

I sighed, shaking as I raced out of the car and into my house. Dad was dressed and seated on the lounge.
As soon as he saw me enter his face went bright red.

"Daniella-" he began before I cut him off.
"I'm getting ready for school." I mumbled, running up the stairs.
I pulled on a pair of ripped navy jeans and a white blink 182 shit. I quickly put on a bit of concealer, before chucking my hair in a messy bun. 

I grabbed my backpack which was thankfully already packed from Friday. 
I rushed back down the stairs shouldering my dad grumpily on the way out the door. I bit my lip running to Luke's car, sighing as I sat down in the passenger seat.
"Is everything okay dans?" He asked.
"Just drive please" I muttered.
I looked out the window, watching my dad angrily shoot daggers at me from the front yard.

I threw my head back in frustration.

"Fuck" I groaned. 
"Luke I'm sorry for being such a bitch this morning" I turned to him.
"It's fine" he mumbled, watching the road intently.
"Goddammit, no it's not. I'm sorry" I sighed.
"Guess we're even, I did spill boiling hot water on you yesterday" he laughed; me lightheartedly laughing along.

We eventually reached the school and at the time we did I assumed it was recess or something as there were scattered students throughout the school.

There were a couple 'popular' looking kids hanging around in the car park.

They had all turned their attention to Luke and I.

Suddenly I had familiarised one of them with the cocky jock that tried to chat me up on the first day.
"Who's your new toy Hemmings? She's hot. I want a piece of that." He teased.
"Fuck off Blake" he spat as he helped me out of the car.
"Who's this bitch?" A red-headed girl asked.
"Is she good in bed? Like, is she like better than me?" One with bleach blonde hair winked.

Suddenly Luke tensed around me as I nervously looked down at my converse. 

"Get fucked Stella" Luke hissed.
"By who? You? Sure, anytime babe" she winked again, her disgustingly blonde hair bopping around as she moved her head flirtatiously.
"Since when do you drop chicks off at school? Does she give good head? What's her number? 04-cock-sucker?" A guy with dirty blonde hair chuckled.

Luke angrily released his arm from around me and literally leaped on the guy. 
He threw a bit swing at the guys face, causing him to stumble backwards, clutching his face.
What was happening?

Blake swung at Luke's jaw, making him grunt and me gasp. The girls started to slowly back away.
Luke's eyes turned an unfamiliar deep, dark, dangerous shade of blue I had never seen before.
And it scared me.

Luke swung a lunch at Blake stomach causing him to fall down on his ass. Luke was raging.
He launched himself on top of Blake continuing to throw punches at him.
Blake's flesh blood was oozing out onto Luke's freshly sen knuckles.

I noticed the girls and the blonde haired kid shitting themselves as they watched.

"JESUS CHRIST LUKE! STOP" I screamed.
It was as if I hadn't even spoken.
Tears started rolling down my cheeks, one after another.
"Luke -" "stop!" I cried.
"LUKE!" I whailed

A look I had never seen before swept across Luke's face as he looked up to me.

Blake coughed up blood.

My lip was quivering, I was sobbing endlessly and every inch of my body was shaking.
People had crowded around us making everything feel more surreal.

Luke looked down and around, beginning to realise what was happening.

I watched as Ashton, Calum, Michael and Alex shoved through the crowd and towards us.
The three boys rushing to Luke, pulling him off Blake and attempting to calm him down.

Alex basically jumped on me, squishing me in a hug as I continued to shake.

"DANIELLA" Luke screamed as the boys soothingly huddled around him.
Luke began to walk towards me and I took quite a few steps back to create more space between us.

I was scared to death.

Pain was written all over his face as he watched me slowly back away.

The events continued to race past me as if I were in a movie.

As teachers turned up, shoving away the crowd.
As two cars with flashing blue and red lights and agitating sirens pulled up in the car park.
As Blake was taken away, barely breathing on a stretcher in an ambulance.
As Luke was handcuffed and taken to the police station.
As myself and others were taken to the police station for statements.
As I watched Luke being charged.
As I watched Luke watch up to me after all was done attempting to hug me.
As I flinched at his touch and instantly pulled away watching the hurt in his eyes.
As I was driven home by my furious father who forbid me from ever seeing Luke Hemmings again.