fifty one

I woke up to the light peaking through the cracks of the blinds situated on the window, I blinked a few times to adjust my eyes to the sunlight after seeing the backs of my eyelids for 9 hours. I sat up slowly, yawning softly as I took in the room surrounding me. The room I had spent 5 years in with one of my best friends. I turned my head to view her sleeping peacefully in the bed a few metres away from mine and smiled.

I couldn't believe it, the time had finally come. I was graduating university today after 5 of the most eventful, memorable and exhilarating moments of my life. I started this journey when I was merely 18 years old and so oblivious to all the wonderful people and things life had yet to offer me. Now I'm 23 and through these 5 years my life has changed drastically. I've met amazing people and learnt amazing things through my studies.

Yet the one thing that has remained the same throughout these 5 years is my love for Luke Hemmings. I have been madly in love with Luke since we met, and although people like to think that we moved way too fast, I had never felt anything more real or right in my life. I moved in with him after having only just met him, yet at the time it felt like I had known him my whole life. And now, well he is my whole life. I love him with every inch of me, and I know that he feels exactly the same about me. He is the best thing that has ever happened to me, and despite our fights and our arguments and the distance between us we always manage to make it work and to find our way back to each other's hearts, because the love we have for one another is so strong and indestructible that it never goes away. To have the happy moments we do is worth all the pain in the world that we somehow always put each other through. I know that when I fall down, he'll be there to pick me right back up even if he's down on the ground too. He is the love of my life and I've never been so sure of anything in my entire life than my love for him.

Today, I was graduating university after completing my 5 years of study, and he, the boys, my family, his family and all our friends were coming to watch these 5 phenomenal years come to an end, and watch me transition from one journey to another. Tomorrow, I was going on a plane with the love of my life and his best friends I also liked to call mine, and I was going to tour with them all over Europe writing exclusive articles about them, which I would put together at the end of the tour and publish as their Europe journey for fans to read all about.

The fans knew about this, and they appreciated and thanked me ever so much for it. They supported Luke and his love for me without doubt, and it made me so happy that I would never have to experience the hate that could've been stemming from his fans.
I watched as Sophie woke gradually from her slumber, opening her eyes and smiling at me sleepily.

"Good morning sleepy head," I grinned.
"Morning..." she mumbled, yawning.
"Wait, oh my God.... OH MY GOD!" she exclaimed, jumping out of her bed and running over to my bed, jumping on it and embracing me as I laughed hysterically.
"YOU'RE GRADUATING TODAY!" she squealed, hugging me tighter.
"I'm so excited, oh my God." I replied, smiling wide.
"Of course you are! I'm so happy for you, that you finally get to spend each and every day with Luke now. I've watched as the distance has torn you apart and I've watched as each and every time he comes and surprises you, how happy and ecstatic you get and how all the pain just fades away. I'm so happy for you Dan!" she grins.
"That made me really happy to hear, I love you so much Soph!" I exclaimed.
"I love you too girly, now get out of bed! It's time to look hot, for you're being reunited with your lover today!" she squealed, pulling me out of bed as I continued to laugh.

After living with Sophie for 5 years, we had become the closest of friends and I trusted her with my life. I was so lucky to have her as my roommate, and I was going to miss her a lot. We were practically inseparable at university, and because we were so close we never actually bothered to get changed in the bathroom or use the bathroom with the door locked or shut. Sophie entered the bathroom and showered, as I slipped on a pair of high waisted black jeans and pulled a cropped white singlet over my head. I then continued into the bathroom and applied foundation, black eyeliner and mascara and red lipstick to math my previously painted red nails. I then brushed through my hair decided on leaving it in it's naturally wavy state that Luke had claimed numerous times he loved dearly. He always talked about having a daughter with hair like mine, that I could teach him to braid.

I went back into the main room, as Sophie got out of the shower and changed into a long sleeve navy crop top and a white skater skirt. I put on my maroon docs, before slipping on a black kimono and grabbing my phone, wallet and room keys and waiting at the door for Sophie. My graduation gown and cap were waiting at the hall.

"Damn girl, you look h-o-t!" she winked.
"Could say the same about you missy," I winked back; or tried to which made her laugh.
We walked side by side down the hall for one of the last times we ever would, and towards the campus hall. Soph went in through the entry while I walked around to the back entrance, as I needed to be back stage.

"Hey Dani!" my fellow graduate greeted, and I smiled.
"Hey gorgeous!" I replied.
"Can you believe we're graduating? Oh my God, this is insane!"
"I know right, 5 years already?! It's gone by like lightning!"
"Ahhh tell me about it! But I couldn't be happier. I've been looking forward to this for so long!"
"Me too, oh my God!"
"Alright everyone, your gowns and caps are over here, find your name and put yours on, and line up in alphabetical order by your last names at this door. You'll be on the stage soon." A teacher explained, and I could swear my stomach was swarming with butterflies.
I took a nervous breath in, and smiled at the thought of everyone I love waiting in the hall to see me. Just to see me!

I had never felt more appreciated or special, and I was ever so thankful for the amazing family and friends I had come to know.
I put on my gown and my cap, and stood in my place, as a head snuck through the door and said "Guys it's time, please walk through this door and onto the stage."
I swallowed nervously, as I followed everyone in through the door and out on to the stage where everyone was clapping and cheering.
I immediately spotted Luke in the audience and smiled so wide it hurt. I hadn't seen him in about 4 months now, and although we had been apart for longer than that in the past, it still hurt just as much.
He smiled back, and flashed a big and cheesy thumbs up, and I shook my head laughing silently.
"Ava Arnold, with a Bachelor of Journalism, who has been offered a position in advertisement at Girlfriend Magazine Headquarters in Sydney."

Ava grinned, excitedly walking over to our headmaster and shaking his hand as she was handed her bachelor.
Names continued to be called, and finally mine came.

"Daniella McDonald. Bachelor of Journalism and Arts, who is starting her very own magazines with articles surrounding bands and artists. She's starting this tomorrow, flying to Europe to make an exclusive edition called '5 seconds of summer in Europe.'" My friends, family, and my life partner cheered at the top of their lungs, as I walked lightly with the biggest smile on my face, accepting my bachelor as I shook my headmasters hand and he smiled back.

I walked to the other side, standing next to my fellow graduates as we waited for the last few to have their names called.

Everyone clapped again, as we exited through the back of the stage into the same room, placing our caps and gowns away before running out of the room and outside.
"WE DID IT!" Kayden screamed at the top of his lungs, and we all cheered, embracing in a gigantic group hug.

We pulled apart, searching for our family and friends who had started to exit the hall.
I spotted Luke almost straight away, and we caught each others eyes. I ran the fastest I could towards him, jumping into his arms as he lifted me up and spun me around.
"Congratulations baby!" he cheered, kissing me.

Everyone around us aw'ed and I pulled away to see everyone I cared about. I jumped down out of Luke's arms and emerged into my dads who held me tightly, kissing the top of my head.
"I'm so proud of you sweetheart!" he exclaimed, "Thanks dad, I've missed you!" I admitted.
"I've missed you too honey!" he smiled. I then gave Amanda a hug, my now step mother. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that. Dad and Amanda got married at the beginning of this year, and it was amazing. It was so lovely to see my dad so happy, and Amanda was now the mother I never had and I couldn't ever be more thankful for that.

"Well done love!" she said. "Thank you so much Mands!"
I was then embraced by Luke's mum and dad, who wished me well and told me they were so extremely proud of Luke for having such a wonderful girl in his life which made me tear up.
"DANIELLA!" The boys and the girls simultaneously yelled, and I laughed as I was squeezed in a wonderful embrace by best friends.

"Dani I'm so happy for you!" Alex exclaimed, "You're the best Lex. And I can't believe you've started your own daycare! That's amazing!" I retorted and she smiled so widely I couldn't help but smile just as wide. "It's so great, I love it! Make sure to put your kids through my daycare when you have them!" she laughed and I laughed too.

"Congratulations Daniella!" Allison smiled. "Thanks love, I can't believe I finally did it!" I smiled.
"I'm glad you did! You deserve it!", "Thank you! And Luke brought me some of your amazing cookies from your bakery last time he came, they were awesome!" I admitted, "Really?! Thank you!"
"Dani! Hun I'm so proud of you!" Ella grinned, hugging me. "Thanks gorgeous! I heard you've started teaching music to high school students?! That is super cool!" I smiled. "It's awesome, you know where to send your kids!" she winked and I giggled.

"Dannnnniiiiiiii!" Ashton exclaimed, hugging me. "Ashtoooooon!" I retorted, and he laughed. "I can't wait for you to come see us play shows in Europe! Congratulations!" he smiled, "Me too, thank you!"
"Dude I can't believe how far you've come! I'm so happy for you." Calum smiled, and I smiled back, thanking him.

The last to give me his wishes was Michael who said, "Daniella, I am so happy for you. Congratulations! You deserve this so much especially all you've done for us. You gave us our best friend back and changed his life for the better, and he loves you with all his heart, you make him so happy, and I can never thank you enough for that. So thank you, and congratulations!" he smiled, and I teared up at his words. It still made me so happy to hear how I had changed Luke's life, I felt so honoured and thankful that I came into his life and changed it for the better, because if I hadn't, who knows where he would be now. Who knows where I would be? We wouldn't be together, that's for sure. And the thought of that makes me want to cry for the rest of my life.

"Congrats Dani!" Soph exclaimed, embracing me and I thanked her.
My view was suddenly blocked and I gasped, reaching up to the hands that were covering my eyes and smiling; recognising the hands immediately. I turned around to see Luke, and kissed him softly, smiling.
"I'm so proud of you, babe." he admitted.
"I love you." I replied,
"I love you too,"

A/N:
(this is not the end!!!)
hi lovessss! sorry i haven't updated in quite a while i've been soooo busy with school, but never fear, school holidays are here!!
hahah, but yeah i'm going to try as much as i can to update a lot these holidays even if they only go for two weeks.
there's still quite a few more chapters to go, i'm thinking maybe just under 10 more chapters? i'm not too sure just yet.
also this chapter was kind of a filler idk idk so sorry if it was a little boring or whatever )-:
ALSOOoOSOO i'm starting a new ashton fan fic after this finishes and i'm sooooo excited for it, the plot is super cool and the relationships between the characters are going to be v v cool i'm excited!!! i might post the prologue to it soon and maybe a trailer?? i'm not sure yet?!? but yeah i'm super excited!!!!!!
also,,,,
i would REALLY appreciate it if you could go ahead and check out my most recent covers on my youtube channel: youtube.com/user/soashleigh/videos (or you can just search 'Ashleigh Imms' in the search bar, my channel will come up)!!!
i've done a cover of amelia by tonight alive & a cover of terrible things by mayday parade so you should check them out and pretty please subscribe so i can get to 300!!!!
my cover of amelia is on the side if you want to watch it so yeaaaah!!!!!
OHHHHH! AND
it would be super cool if you guys could make manips of some of the characters!!!
like luke and daniella!!! (daniella is played by nina dobrev)!!
so if you guys want to make edits of the characters together that would be SO SO COOL,, and then like tweet them to me or something and i'll put them up on the side or something???? my twitter is @AllTimeLashton_

just a cast list incase you can't access the one on the side!!:
-5sos played by themselves
-daniella played by nina dobrev
-alex played by shailene woodley
-ella played by julianne hough
-allison played by ariana grande
-daniella's dad played by james franco

SO YEAHHH!!!! u should totally do that, it would be cool :)
love you guys lots!
LOVE,
ASH
XXX