twenty two

forbidden twenty two 

As strange as it sounds, the extreme silence in the room was what woke me up. Don’t get me wrong, silence is great. It’s almost soothing.

But when it’s this quiet, and I can’t hear the rustling of the sheets surrounding me, or the uneven breath’s of the person who was always next to me when I woke up, it was practically an uncomfortable silence.

I reached my arm out, patting the side of the bed next to me, trying to find something, or someone who I already knew wasn’t there.

I sat up, rubbing my eyes to rid them of sleep.

I looked around me, he was gone.

I guess I shouldn’t be making such a big deal out of this, but it was just, strange. Strange of him to leave without a trace, although he had probably just gone to one of the boys’ rooms or something like that.

I grabbed my phone from the bedside table next to me and pressed the home button, revealing that it was 9:30am.

I shrugged it off although the smug feeling I had within me didn’t leave. I decided to take a shower, get dressed and go down to starbucks or whatever else was in walking distance from the hotel.

-

I decided on letting my hair dry naturally as I applied minimal makeup.

*outfit in external link*

Once I was happy with my appearance, I slipped on my black combat boots, soon followed by grabbing my phone, wallet as well as the room card before I walked out of the room and headed towards the elevator.

Soon enough it dinged open, and I hopped into the empty elevator, patiently waiting until I eventually arrived downstairs in the lobby.

I walked over to the reception desk to be greeted with a girl around my age, possibly older smiling at me.

“Hi, how can I help you?” she chirped,

“Hi, I’ve never been here before and I was wondering where the closest starbucks or caffe is?” I replied, returning the warm smile she had given me.

“There’s a starbucks down the street. When you leave the hotel turn left, then continue walking and take the right, you should see it, it’s hard to miss! If you have any troubles just come back and let me know, I hope I helped!” she exclaimed.

I said a quick thank you before heading out of the hotel and following the directions she had given me.

Sure enough as soon as I had turned right Starbucks was right there.

I smiled to myself in accomplishment as I walked into the building, the familiar and almost comforting smell of coffee beens making me smile wider.

I walked up to the counter, to see a lady who looked to be in her late 30’s smiling at me.

“What can I get for you today?” she asked.

I ordered what I always did, as well as a muffin.

I stood to the side, waiting for my name to be called out so I could receive my order.

I heard lovely contagious laughter, coming from the corner of the room.

I smiled to myself, until a weird feeling formed in my stomach when I realized how familiar one of the laugh’s was.