Chapter 4

Chapter 4

🌷Meera's POV

I and Rahul met up with Sharath at this new café. We ordered our drinks and started talking. I and Sharath were mostly talking about kdramas while Rahul was answering a few questions we threw his way. We exchanged our numbers and created a group chat between all our five. After talking for a while Sharath had to leave and Rahul offered to drop me off at our apartment. 

We both got into the car and he asked me many questions about my job. We were in our talk and suddenly Rahul hit the breaks and I saw Adithi in front of me she was covering her face with her hands, I swiftly got out of the car. 

She was panicking and crying I held her tight in my arms. I knew I need to somehow take her out from this place and calm her down. I called for a rickshaw and we both reached home. I saw the guys following us. They were waiting outside our apartment. I helped her freshen up and slowly put her to bed.

I was trying to calm myself to not leap at Karthik I knew he had something to do with this. I am boiling with anger. I am angry with Adithi too because she will forgive him again. But when I saw him I lost all my cool, I caught his collar ."What the hell, did you do to her? It's been two freaking years since she had a panic attack ."

He looked at me questioningly. The damn audacity after all the shit he has done. She loved him, she loved him so much even after him treating her that way. He mistreated her. He will mistreat her in the future too. But where did she find hope I still don't understand. 

She was the only friend I had and hated seeing her like this. " It's not my story to tell, she is going to keep her promise and come with you on the rest of the three dates, but if I ever find out you hurt her again I won't refrain from breaking your 206 bones? Understand! now get out from here."Telling this I went inside our apartment without sparing a glance at him.

🌷Karthik's POV

Meera went inside ."That was hot."I heard from Rahul. I glared at him from the side."What?"He asked me again."You're an idiot ."I told him and made my way towards the car. 

What is she talking about? Panic attack? I need to talk to my brother. I get into the car and start the car and within few minutes, I reach my parents' house. My mom was sitting on the sofa, "Why are you here you should be with Adithi ?".I looked at her blinked a few times and said "She was feeling tired and I dropped her at her apartment."She was silent for a few seconds before she could say anything I made my way to my brother's room.

I was about to burst inside, but I remembered the day when I entered without knocking and saw my brother making out with my sister-in-law. That was awkward but now I have used my brain and knocked this time. 

My brother opened the door ."I need to talk it is urgent."I told him. We went into his office room and I started explaining what happened today. I can see he was visibly flinching with anger.

"What wrong has she done to you that you mistreat her like this ?"I looked down "I always felt she was stealing you away from me."I opened up to him genuinely.

"But whom am I standing with right now?"He questioned me. That's when the realization hit me like a wave."She never tried to pull me away from you nor your friends. It was all in your dumb head."I was out of words. But somewhere from deep within I found my voice.

"Where did I go wrong?"I asked him."It all started with you. You were the one who avoided her, you were the one starting the fight, you were consumed by jealousy towards her. It was nowhere her fault your crush rejected you. She was weak and meek from the start. You were always on her nerve, you imagined things. The problem is not her it was you all along."My brother's words hit me like daggers, deep within I knew it was my fault, but I was not ready to accept it."What happened after that day ?"I asked him ."Which day ?"He cross-questioned back, by this time my voice sounded meek "I shouted at her."