Chapter 23

Chapter 23

🌷Rahul POV

I ran really fast to the door. I banged it really hard but I don't get a response. I think of the worse if she cut herself or something like that. I know she won't do that but the fear that settles down makes me break the door.

"Meera!"I shout. I see her sitting on the bed in a totally dark room. Once I break the door she looks at me. Her eyes are so swollen from crying. Her little nose was so red. My heart was paining looking at her.

What did Sharath do that she reacted that way? With that question in mind, I slowly take a step towards her."Stop! You will get glass pierced into your feet, It scattered everywhere."She tells me.

I know for a fact that not listening to her now will irritate her even more. So I switch on the light ."You don't move from your place."I tell her. I go out to wear slippers, But I see Adithi running towards the apartment.

"Is she ok ." she asks while removing her sandals."No! Have them on she broke a glass vase in her room and it shattered everywhere."Adithi is shocked listening to me.

I see Karthik following behind her. "Sorry! I shouldn't have called, you guys might be tired."I tell them."Meera is more important to us."Karthik says and we all go inside to Meera's room.

"You didn't have to call them."Meera whines."No! Rahul, You did the right thing. You should have called me." Adithi says and goes to sit on the bed by dogging the glass.

"I will go get something to clean this mess."Karthik says and goes out."No, I will-"Meera starts to stand up."No! You will sit here only."Adithi says authoritatively and stops her."Meera tell me what happened?" Adithi asks her calmly.

"Sharath shouted at me when I asked him about something. I tried to tell him I didn't mean it in the wrong way. But he smashed his glass on the floor and left."She tells crying ."Him smashing the glass and getting angry brought back memories of my parents being abusive." 

What! Why did Sharath do this?"What did you ask him?"Adithi asks Meera."It's something he doesn't want to talk about. I heard him murmuring that thing when he was drunk. I knew it was a really sensitive topic and shouldn't have asked him. I keep texting him, sorry but he doesn't respond."

I am angry with Sharath, Very much to be honest. But I never knew he was the type to shout at someone. Do I not know him totally or is something really wrong that he is acting like this?

" It's Ok Meera you don't cry. I and Karthik will talk to Sharath once and see how he reacted. Okay? Or do you want me to be with you?"I ask her."I think you better go and talk to him. I will stay with Meera."Adithi says to which Meera nods."I will come back don't worry ok."I tell Meera to which she nods.

Before we knew we were standing in front of Sharath's house. I explained everything that happened between Meera and Sharath On the way to Karthik. He was really angry with what Sharath did and he asked me the same question I asked myself."Is something wrong? Or we totally don't know Sharath."

As we knock on the door a girl opens the door. She is the same girl Sharath was flirting with this morning."Alia? What are you doing here?" Karthik asked a bit stunned.

"I brought her here, she is my friend now."Sharath joins us from behind."Ok! I don't care who you are I have something to settle with Sharath so you can move from the way."I tell her politely." But he doesn't want anything to do with you." she says in a snarky voice."No one is talking to you. Please move."Karthik tells her.

"What is wrong my cousin? Threatened I will still your friend?"She chuckles."Oh! God don't call me that. We are not even close, we just met twice." Karthik gags.

"Okay!I tell you both I don't want anything to do with you."Sharath tells now finding his voice.

"What?"I and Karthik say at the same time.

"I thought you both were dumb but you are deaf too." Sharath says. I never expected him to talk like this.

"Is it you talking Sharath? Cause last time I checked you never spoke like this."Karthik says looking at him."

No! Karthik! You guys never cared. I found someone who really cares for me today."He tells ."WHAT? Meera basically asked you what happened cause she cared."Karthik tells angrily.

"So you guys already knew! So my guess was right she told you everything."He was angry.

"Sharath! Yes, she did tell us, how you broke the glass in front of her eyes shouted on her, and left."I tell.

"Even if you knew why didn't you guys come?"Sharath asks."What we came now to know what is wrong, but this short-haired chick is standing in the middle."Karthik says under his breath.

But Alia heard it."Who are you calling chick ?"She spits out."I was calling you, so if you move away we all can have a talk."Karthik says to her face.

"No! Karthik you can't talk to her like that. Let's close this here we are not friends anymore. Karthik you can be the most idiotic person ever as always and Rahul you can go be whipped for your little goody two shoes. I don't care about you guys anymore." Saying that he literally slams the door to our face.

We understood its a waste of talking to him and we were about to go out. Will, he ever get back? what is wrong with him? As I was thinking of these questions I get two messages from two different people to choose from

Meera: Hey, can you come am feeling a bit low? Is it ok?

Dad: Where are you I thought we were going to prepare for tomorrow's company takeover?

What do I choose?

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Word count:1007

So how you liked the chapter? What do you think Rahul will choose? Will Sharath ever get back his senses? You have to wait until the next update.

Hope you liked the chapter do comment and vote.So until the next chapter

~Author