Chapter 41

Chapter 41

🌷Rahul POV

As beautiful as I remember- the first thought that I got when I saw her by the door. I know for sure Karthik and Adithi have planned this. But Karthik comes to me and tells me sorry it was an accident as if I believe it.

My heart is beating very fast as I stand behind her. Her hair grew longer from the last time I saw her. She is wearing a black dress, the dress she wears when she wants to feel at comfort and heck yeah the same strawberries shampoo I always smell.

She is sure affected just like me. I just want to hug her so tight. But she is not my girlfriend anymore, yet she feels like mine. Yet my heart is still with her.

The day goes by with me playing with Chikkoo and the mighty cockroach encounter.

I go towards her to thank her only to end up in this uncompromisable position. Her eyes lost the warmth they used to have, but the love she shows in her eyes is still the same. My hands' grip tightens on her waist. We both are not ready to let go.

We both are thinking the same thing our hearts are yearning for each other and we together- doesn't seem wrong. Meera and I both lean in for a kiss. Our lips don't touch yet, we are still a bit hesitant. As we were about to go in our lips a few seconds apart we hear a loud crash.

That was enough to pull us apart. We turn around only to find Chikkoo with a bunch of flowers in her hand and a fallen vase. I was angry at that baby I missed an opportunity that might never happen again. I should have been faster!

Meera panics at that just like a mother. She gestures to Chikkoo to not move from her place. Meera carefully brings her out from the mess.

From the first time I saw her, she is good in fact very good with children. She befriended Anu and Sara so fast. It took me a while. When we were together as well I always knew she would be the best mother for our children. I really wanted our children. I really want her.

Meera takes her time to double-check Chikkoo's legs, hands, and face.

"Let's eat."She says turning towards me. I missed her food. The food as always was so good. I had my food while Meera was feeding Chikkoo who is taking more than a while to eat. I finish my food faster and offer to feed Chikkoo while Meera eats. I clearly suspect she hasn't eaten from the morning.

She gives me a smile gesturing me to take the spoon from her and she starts eating. I fed Chikkoo and it sure was a mess.

We fed her and Meera took her to the room to make her sleep.

I ended up on the couch watching TV. But all my thoughts were as you guessed filled with her, should I go check on her?

🌷Adithi POV

We came back home pretty late, the interview didn't take a lot of time, I was accepted right away and we partially know the reason why. I and Karthik had the time of our life- we went out on a date to a drive-in movie and let's just say did a lot of things from eating to walking.

As I enter the front room I see no one sitting, slowly I make my way to the guest room only to find Meera and Rahul cuddled up with Chikkoo sleeping sound.

"They still love each other," Karthik mutters in my ear and I nod, and also end up taking their pictures.

Karthik slowly wakes up Rahul to see his reaction, "Let me sleep Baby!" he says the same line he used to tell whenever Meera tried to wake him up.

"Your baby is still sleeping, Rahul," I whisper in his ear trying hard not to laugh. That was enough to wake him up in a second!

I and Karthik started laughing which woke up Meera too.