Chapter 45

Chapter 45

🌷Adithi POV

"You really want to start this early in the morning?" I ask Karthik as I clutch my face, It's been like five months since we started being together and the fights have just started. This is madness.

"When do you want me to say it?" Karthik tries to answer in a calm manner but fails to control his frown.

"Any time but this," I answer keeping my voice low.

"You say that always! Do you understand that?" He started losing his normals.

"You are making a fuss out of nothing," I tell him standing up from my seat.

"Out of nothing? You wanna buy a car when we already have three," he stresses his point once again, but why doesn't he understand my plea.

"It's always been my dream to own something of mine and a car is something I can own," I tell him again.

"But what am trying to say is- if you wanna own something of yours buy something like gold, platinum, or diamond, investing in a car will be a waste of money," he says in a cool and calm tone, but I am adamant to buy a car. Who is he? my dad?

"But that's not what I want!" I tell him irritated.

"This is a matter of money Adithi, I just want you to spend it wisely," he whines and I think it is a wise choice to buy a car.

"But it's about the car I want, it's my money I want to spend not yours right!" I deadpan towards him, Why does he want to say for my wishes?

"Am not denying it's your money! But it's about the right freaking choice and I care because I want the best for you." He tells me. But my ego tells me to stand on my own choice.

"Just leave it here, I don't care anymore," I say turning around feeling overwhelmed by the whole conversation.

"You can't back out like that." He mutters but gets silent once again.

As the atmosphere was cooling of Karthik's phone rings. I peek from the sidelines to know what is going on. I see his face morph into a smile which indicated the call is either from his mother, father, or brother, and by the way he addressed the call it was Aryan.

Now I totally turn towards him, but suddenly his face lost the smile it had and the phone slides down his hand and falls on the floor.

Oh no, It's no good news. I rush towards Karthik, I don't know what is happening he just turned into a stone with zero emotion, zero movements, I shake him for a few seconds I don't even get an answer from him.

The call was still going on I took the phone and the caller ID was sure Aryan.

"Hey What happened?" I asked him through the phone confused and scared.

"Dad had a ruptured bladder, he is now in the ICU," Aryan says his words stuttering every second.

"No, no no! This can't be happening. Is it really? How is he?" Isay more to myself. The news is so devastating for me, I can't imagine what Karthik is going through.

"We are coming," I tell ending the call with tears flowing down my face. This can't be happening.

I pull Karthik with my hands he is too spaced out to make out anything, nothing is coming out of his mouth and my anxiety is peeking up. But my instincts are working fine, my first call was to call the driver, we both are in no state drive.

I and Karthik sit in the back while the driver starts the car. Karthik's consciousness comes back and he just about started weeping. He is crying and I get why he is. He started spending time with his dad recently and he for the first time started experiencing his father's love. Uncle was never by his side always taking care of the hospital and as a child, he understood that but the child part of him never liked it.