Chapter 24

Chapter 24

🌷Adithi POV

"Meera did Sharath hurt you anywhere?"I ask her. I really don't understand why he is being like this."No! He didn't hurt me physically."Meera says. I nod at her statement.

"What did you do today?"Meera asks me. Just then I was reminded of the little confession I did to Karthik today.

"Umm-I told Karthik I love him," I tell her in one go. I looked at Meera, She was startled by what I said."You did what?"She asked raising her voice a bit.

"I confessed to him."I tell her.

"Don't tell me you were kissing and Rahul called you at the wrong moment." she pleads.I look at her a bit angry. I was angry because She assumed it and also angry because it didn't happen.

"No!"I react as if I never wanted it to happen." Don't give that as if you don't want it to happen. You would be smooching his face if you got a chance." she tells.

I was taken aback but worst of all I imagined me and Karthik kissing. Gosh! Why am I behaving like a hormonal teenage girl? But Meera's question brought me back to reality.

"What did he say?" she asks me.

"He told me he doesn't know what love is and told me that he needed time. But I told him to forget about it and to think I never said."By the time I said this Meera's face morphed into the angriest expression she can make.

I slightly chuckle at her but she hit me on my head."You're an Idiot!"Meera groans.

"Why?"I ask.

"Idiot!If he doesn't know what is love show him. Show him How much you care and all. Anyway, college starts in a week. You can work on how to make him fall for you."She tells me.

"Are you crazy how can I make him fall for me? If he likes me he will fall no?"I ask her. But my head again met with her sharp knuckles. Ouch!That hurt.

"You need to make him like you." she tells me.

"How?"I ask her."By being yourself. I know most of the people say dress up well and all that. But you both are married. Show him your true self and how you can be a great backbone in his life. Help him grow. Just be you."She tells me."Show him what love is. I am sure he will come around."Meera tells me patting my head.

Just then Meera's phone buzzes. She checks her phone."Is Rahul coming?" I ask her."I guess he won't come. He is going to take over the company tomorrow. I will be going to meet him there." she tells me.

"Are you okay with that?"I ask her. I know for a fact she wanted him to be here.

"I did want him to be here but, his future is more important to me. He can't leave that whole company and come for me. He has a future to take care of."She tells me with a smile.

I don't know what got into me but I had to ask her this" Why are you so understanding?". She looks at me a bit confused.

"Is it wrong ?" she asks me. I give her a smile ."It's a really good trait."I tell her. But a flash of realization hit me.

"Are you not gonna tell your parents? it's been a month."I ask her regarding the relationship between Her and Rahul. I know it is a really hard topic for her but I had to bring it up.

"They obviously saw the news. They were angry cause they won't be getting any money. So they started filling up my chat with abusive messages. I have my whole family on the block now." she tells me as if it's the most normal thing to do.

But I don't blame her."Should I stay with you?"I ask her. She nods her head negatively."No! I want to be alone today.Please."She tells me. I understand why she wants to be alone. She wants to calm herself and get back to being normal."Ok! I won't, but no funny business ."I tell her pointing my finger." Okay baba," she tells me.

Just then Karthik enters." You staying here?" he asks me. I nod my head stating a no."Ok! Now get out."Meera tells us and within no time. I and Karthik were in the car on our way to their-our house. God! It's hard to keep with.

"Sharath told me he doesn't want to do anything with us,"Karthik tells me while driving.

"What do you mean by that?"I ask him. What is wrong with Sharath?

"He apparently found a new, one of my far of cousins he was flirting with. She was also there telling us how he doesn't want to be with us. He smacked that door on our face and Rahul had to leave to meet his father."

After that conversation, we didn't speak. Slowly we reached the house.

We actually snuck out the window. Who will let us leave on our first night then? We reach the backside of the house and climb up the ladder and safely get inside the house."You will be going to the office tomorrow?"I ask him.

"No, we have to go to the penthouse no."He tells me. I nod.

The next day morning comes. We fresh up and go down. I asked if I need to prepare the breakfast but Aunty- Mother in law told me no. God! This is getting so weird. We were served breakfast.

Before I knew I was standing in the living room of the penthouse."See, this is your room. All your necessary items are here. If you want any changes ask me."He tells. I nod to his words and check the room.

"Do you want me to arrange a driver? For college?" he asks," No, The college is not that far I will walk."I tell him."Are you sure?"He asks."Yup."

"Tomorrow I have a business party. The hostMr.Stephen invited you too." He tells me." where is it?"I ask casually.

"Andaman."Hesays casually.

"What?"I ask baffled.

"Yeah it's on the island of Andaman. It's afive-day trip. I lied to mom and dad that this will be our honeymoon. Sorry Ididn't tell you earlier. The flight is in the evening. I just didn't want to addextra stress, you know marriage, Meera" he tells me.

"It's fine I will pack accordingly."I tell him. Henods. Now I have to go on a honeymoon. Great! I didn't sign up for this.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Word count:1041

Hope like the chapter. Stay tuned for the next one. It's going to be a lot of Hungama. Please don't forget to vote and comment.

Until the next chapter

~Author