Chapter 37

Chapter 37

🌷Adithi POV (Two weeks later)

It feels good to be back! (A/N: How ironic? lol)

I took more time than expected to come back.

I was happy there for sure. I got to clear out my mind. I made a few decisions that I want to stick to. I called my mom and dad in the hope of a suggestion. But my dad's words still ring in my ears. 

It went like this " You have a husband who earns 7 figure salary a month! Why do you have to work?" and my mom's words were even wiser- note the sarcasm. She said, " Don't think too much about anything, just have 2 children then the marriage will be set for sure." I didn't know what to say to that. I kept quiet.

I missed him, a lot. But, am still scared to meet him. It's really been a month and I never had a day where I didn't think of him. Is it possible to love someone so much? I reach the penthouse. Today evening I will surely talk to him and sort stuff out.

I take out the keys and open the door only to find Karthik wasted on the sofa. His tie was out of place, his arm on his head. The room reeks of alcohol. But I kinda don't mind it. All the memories of me making him food and he enjoying it come flashing to my mind. A smile makes its way onto my face.

I guess it is better to wake him. I go on and pat him on his shoulder he resists waking up and pouts like a baby. Can't he just stop being cute for a god damn second! But I compose myself and pat him again, this time he wakes up and opens his oh-so-little and sighs as if he hated seeing me. Should I be offended?

"Now I started imagining her too! What is this?" he murmured rubbing his eyes." Imagination? I am real" I shout out. To which his senses perk up and he jumps to sit straight. He looks at me for some time as if trying to make out his next move and the first thing he decides to say to me is –" Are you alive?".I didn't know what to say to that.

"Umm, yeah I guess," I say. But before I could process anything he envelopes me in a hug. "What the hell is wrong with you?" I question now totally baffled.

"Shut up! Don't make it awkward. I missed you." He told me hugging me tightly. 

"Hug me back fool," he told me, which brought me back to my senses and I hugged him back too. We stood there for a few minutes. A lot of minutes to be honest.

"Karthik- you smell of alcohol." I try to come up with words in the midst of the tight hug.

"Umm-I am sorry. Can we have a talk after we fresh up?" he asks me. I nod at his statement and we both clearly know it's going to be a long talk.

I go to freshen up as well and we sit down together in the living room. Why the hell is it so awkward? No one talks for a while

"I-" we both shout at the same time.

"You go first" we repeat again.

"Jinx" this time it was his turn to tell, this surely pushed me down the memory lane. 'Jinx' is a word that always started our fights. But for the first time the words 'Jinx' made us both laugh.

After a burst of good heartfelt laughter, we both look at each other and muster a smile.

"Am sorry" Karthik repeats himself. I know what he is talking about and why he is sorry.

"You already said that a thousand times," I state the fact not pleased that he chose this to start with.

"But I think I need to say it many many times," he murmurs and goes quiet.

" I want you to tell me something else," I murmur too, that something being the words I heard in the hospital, the words my ear has been aching to listen to.

"I like you," he shouts as if he understood the meaning behind what he said and he was right.

" Yes, I really like you. But my dumb brain refrained to understand it. When you left me 10 years back it was painful because I was at fault. But now it was painful because you were not beside me. Now after a lot of thought, I know that I surely like you and I want to make a move."

" I don't-" I try to say to him what I feel but I was cut off.

" Don't stop me Adithi. I like you and I want to give our relationship a chance." I want to too! I want to move it further too. I try to say my point across.

"I think-" I start the sentence just to be stopped again.

"No Adithi, please give it a chance." He starts pleading as if I tried to reject him in the first place!

"But-" I say just to be cut off again.

"Adithi, No buts." he moves his pointer finger sideways indicating a no.

" Aye! Let me speak! I was trying to say, let's take this thing slowly. We might be married but let's just think we are dating and take it slowly and steadily with no rush." I make my point at last.

"Oh- Yeah let's do that." He was startled by my outburst and we share a peal of laughter." So, what are we now?" he asked. Though it's a genuine question I don't know what to name the bond between us.

" I don't think the relationship we have now needs a name. Let's just see where our intuition and feelings take us. Let's just enjoy what we have now." I say my thoughts to which he just nods.

"It's been a while since we hung out with our friends. I think we should tell them this too!" Karthik suggests to which I nod. It's been a while since I spoke to Meera, I think she is doing great. I wasn't scared to leave her alone cause I trust Rahul will be with her always! He will be there by her side.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Hey! Don't come at me for this! I know I kinda vanished and am sorry about it. Hope you like the chapter. I will be coming up with the next chapter real soon! By the way, don't forget to comment and vote if you liked the chapter.

~Author