Chapter 30

Chapter 30

🌷Adithi POV

He looked stunned. He looked pale and his eyes were swollen as if he cried a lot. He looked tired."You woke up."He repeated again."I will leave you guys to talk." My sister tells and leaves us. But I was just looking at his god damn brown eyes.

"How are you feeling?"He questioned." Good" I tell him looking down and playing with my hands.

"Are you and kavya together?"I ask him. I was not here for a month. 

"No!" he exclaimed.

"You didn't understand what happened that day. I was talking about me having feelings for you. I have been thinking constantly about you since the trip. I like you Adithi."He tells in one go.

I have wanted to hear this for a long time. I really wanted to but, I would have never imagined my answer would be this.

"I think I need a break Karthik.From everything."I tell him. After all this, I really need a break from every god damn thing. "I think I will be going on a month's vacation," I tell him truthfully.

He was shocked at my statement."Umm- I understand.Yeah."He tells. The air around us gets awkward. "I will be waiting for you," he tells me kisses my cheek, and walks out of the room.

WHAT THE HELL! JUST! HAPPENED!!! DID KARTHIK FREAKING AROURA JUST KISS ME! Why am I behaving like a teenager? Control yourself Adithi.

"Hey-"Meera says while sulking by the door. Her eyes then meet my face.

"Why the hell are you blushing?"She questions. I look at her and say "Karthik kissed me."

Saying she was shocked would be an understatement."So you guys are together?"She asks. I nod my head negatively and she frowns.

"I think I am gonna leave."I tell her truthfully."What ?!"She exclaims.

"I think I need some time and space to recover. I will be going to Darjleeng for a month. I need a break from everything."I tell her.

She nods in understanding."I am sorry." she tells while trying to control her tears.

"You didn't do anything." I tell her."I was the one who ran out."I continue.

"I missed you so much!!!! You are the only one I had when no one was there with me I cant imagine to loose you. You are a really important person to me."She tells she couldn't control herself and starts crying.

"You are important to me to Meera."I tell her.

"But what will you do? You lost your job."She tells controlling her sobs.

"Meera, It's fine. I never wanted to be a doctor. I wasn't in the right mind when I selected to do it. It was a hasty choice. My sister reminded me that."I tell her.

"Then what was your choice?"She asks me."I wanted to be an artist. The trauma in my mind and the problems I was facing made me take doctor. Even my dad was a bit manipulative. I thought pleasing him is the only option."I tell her. It's been a while since we had a heartfelt talk.

It's been two days, I was said that I will be in the hospital for a week, after that I can leave and I even took the doctor's permission to get on a plane. My Darjleeng plan is fixed.

I really wanna heal and turn back time. I might not become the sunshine child I was, but I might become overall happy. 

Am I being selfish? I don't think so. I am doing it for myself. My dad said no but Karthik was there to convince him. I couldn't be happier. I thanked him. But he is trying to keep a distance from me. Meera told me that he feels he might not leave me to go if he sees me.

Does he really like me that much? I hope that stays till I come back."I will miss you Adithi."My train of thought was broken by none other than Rahul.

"How are you?"I ask him.

"I am fine."He tells me with his smile.

"I heard you were leaving?"He asks me.

"Yeah, I am."I tell him.

"Meera cried a lot thinking it was her fault. Karthik cried a lot thinking it was his fault."He tells me.

"I won't stay Rahul."I tell assuming he doesn't want me to go.

"I didn't say that" he retorts.

"I am just saying nothing won't change my decision. By the way, How is Sharath?"I ask him."He is not calling or texting I think he is enjoying himself with his best friend. I miss him."He tells me fazing a bit as if he is reminding himself of their old memories.

"Me too."I say.

"How was it like being in a coma? Where you at the gate of hell or heaven. I would bet on hell though." He says.

I missed his weird sense of humor. "I didn't feel anything," I tell him.

"Ah..." he says as if he didn't get the answer he wanted.

"How is the company?"I ask him.

" It's really hectic, I am not getting time to spend with Meera. But she is very understanding." He tells me.

"Yeah she is."I tell genuinely. That girl tries to find good in everything. Even in Sharath's matter, she says he must have a reason to act that way. It's just Meera I guess. As we continued talking there was a knock on the door.

" Hello, uncle ."Rahul says as Rajveer uncle enters the room." Hi" he says while patting his shoulder.

"Hello Adithi ."He greets me.

"Hello uncle ."I tell him with the smile I could muster." I will leave you guys to keep talking." saying that Rahul leaves.

"I tried to fight with the medical committee to not cancel your license but they didn't accept," Uncle says.

"It's ok uncle."I tell him.

"But you always wanted to be a doctor?" he says more like a question.

"It was Dad's dream uncle."I tell him the truth.

"Did Sanjay force you?" he asks with a mix of confusion and shock. I shake my head ."No, uncle, he gave me two options I had to choose from and I chose doctor."I tell him partially lying. I don't want to be the reason to break their relationship. Rajveer uncle is very particular about not forcing children to do anything and my dad is kinda opposite.

" Then what do you plan now?"He asks me.

"I want to clear my head so I will be going to Darjeeling for like a month," I tell him.

"Ok, I will arrange everything for that."He tells standing up to leave.

"I can manage un-"I was about to tell him but he cuts me off.

"I can't let my daughter-in-law off like that. I will arrange everything for you don't worry and you should call me dad."He points out.

"But-" I was cut off again."No Buts."He tells and pats my head."You being happy is all I want."He tells me.

My one week is over and now am on the flight to Darjeeling. Hope everything will go as planned.Bye, everyone.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Word count:1116

What do you think of this chapter? Was Adithi's decision right? What do you think Karthik is feeling?

Please vote and comment on what you feel about this chapter.

We finished 30 chapters! I can't believe it. Please keep supporting my book. Thank you to everyone who is reading. Until the next chapter

~Author