Chapter 20

Chapter 20

🌷Adithi POV

I can't believe the day is here. Tomorrow morning at 10 I will become his wife. First of all, I can't believe I am becoming a wife. It's a weird feeling I am not able to explain.

We are here at the venue already cause we have a lot of Activities to do before the marriage ceremony itself that starts at 4 in the morning. It's 1in the night and I am just shuffling on this bed. Not able to take the frustration. I go out of my room

I walk by the pool when I see someone standing there."Dad!"I recognize him in an instant."You should be sleeping ."He says as usual authoritatively. Most of the time I don't meddle with him and listen to him but now I acted the opposite."You should be sleeping too."I tell him.

He doesn't get angry at my statement" How will a father sleep When he knows, His daughter is going to leave him the next day?"He answers me.

He doesn't show much of his emotions and the fact that he is saying these make me so happy."How can a daughter sleep when she knows she will be leaving her family for some idiot?"I tell him.

"Your husband isn't an idiot. He has his own big house earns a 7 digit salary and looks like a hero from Bollywood movies."My dad explains me. Typical Indian father you see.

"Yeah I know."I tell him.

"I never told you this but I am proud of whatever you have achieved and I know you will achieve greater things in the future. I want you to see this marriage as two new wings to fly rather than chains holding you down."He tells me patting my head.

"I know you guys, going like why should I listen to him and all. But he is your husband, Listen to him and take permission before you do anything. He will be your everything. Be bound to him. Give him whatever he asks."He says.

All was going so well."Dad, it was going so well until you said this. I am his wife, not a bonded labor."I roll my eyes.

"Ok, fine just stay happy. Now let's go inside and sleep, it's getting cold."He tells me and comes with me to my room. We talked about my childhood memories for a while, It was mostly how he thought I would be a failure for my family but he is happy because am marrying someone rich.

Why is my father like this? Anyway, I shouldn't be caring about that so much. I have more important things like sitting stable in this chair while I get ready."You didn't sleep did you?"Meera asks me while doing my hair.

"Does it look that bad?"I ask her.

"I can use a concealer for those dark circles but what about you?"She asks me."You can drink a black coffee. But your mom doesn't want your teeth to get black in wedding photos?"Meera says out. But it was like mostly questioning herself.

"She is like that only sneak me one, I need a coffee to survive this day. Please go and get it by that time I will take a nap.

"Adithi get up. I got you two coffees and a small sandwich. Apparently, you won't be left till lunch and it's already 3:45 am. Drink it up. I will be doing finishing your hair."Meera wakes me up."Haa."I tell her and starting to drink the coffee.

After all the rituals were over, It was time for the marriage ceremony, I was made to sit opposite of Karthik with a small curtain, and then we had our so-called first reveal. Then after a lot of chanting of mantra's Karthik was asked to tie the three knots of the mangal sutra. This is it 1,2,3 now I am officially Karthik's wife.

After this, we were asked to play some games. The first one was to shower our heads with flower petals and colorful beads. In the past, they used pearls, rubies, and diamonds for this game according to my grandma.

The second game asserts the dominant one in the couple. There is a small steel pot-like thing filled with colored water and a ring is dropped in it on the count of 3 whoever brings it out wins.

To my luck Karthik got it. I was not pissed of because I lost, but when my grandma came and told me this seriously pissed me off" He won because he is a boy, it's ok girls always lose."That line was enough for me to lose my shit. I lost at this also! Now I am angry and sleep-deprived.

This was the end of the wedding. As we were going I search for Meera But what the hell do I see. Is Sharath flirting with Karthik's cousin? 

But by the time I could process everything I was thrown in a car and was taken to 'MY-IN-LAWS' house. God! It sounds so weird. By the time we reached everyone was already standing near the gate and still, my eyes went towards Sharath flirting with Karthik's cousin again.

"You saw that too?"Karthik whispers in my ears.

"Should we do something?"I ask him.

"Nah! He mostly never flirts with a girl so let him enjoy."He tells me.

"But she is your cousin.  "I tell him.

"But she is enjoying too! So I don't see any harm. Let them be I will talk to him about it later."He assures me.

I want to sleep but according to my mom I have a lot of work to do and the first thing said to do was make dinner for 12 members who are staying for dinner today.

According to aunty, I will be spending my first night today here at their house. All my stuff was moved from our apartment to the penthouse and from tomorrow we will be staying at the penthouse.

Karthik made sure that we both have different bedrooms in the penthouse but today we had to share the bedroom.

I went to the kitchen and started working and by the time I finished, it was already dinner. Thank you to Meera for teaching me cooking in 1 month. My mom lied to aunty that I know cooking, But at least now I know.

I was tired at the end of the day. But I don't think expected to find this when I entered the bedroom.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Word count: 1138

What do you think Adithi saw when she entered the room? Comment down what you think it is. I don't know what a bride goes through during marriage. But I just wrote what I find in the movies or series I see. Hope you liked the chapter please vote so I know you guys are enjoying it.Until the next chapter

~Author