Chapter 12

Chapter 12

🌷Karthik's POV

"It's not how it works. I told you that I want the game to be in multiplayer mode and you know I don't repeat myself. Change the game and please do the coding properly. The game says to click for play but you have to swipe to play it."I was so done with this game. It's the third game we are launching. After the success of the first two games our company, Isosoft got a lot of recognition. I never thought my first game would be such a hit."Sorry sir we will get to it."My secretary Tejas tells me. I dismiss him off.

But his words stuck with me.' Sorry' a very easy word to throw around. But not every mistake can be sorted out with a sorry. Even though Adithi forgave me. I gave her a lot of problems to deal with. I still don't understand how she forgave me? I am relieved that she forgave me. But after the shit, I have put her though I don't think no one would forgive me.

The day we met again at the fair I clearly remember. She asked me to help her with Meera's birthday. But I needed Meera's help to figure out the fourth date. When I and Adithi talked we decided the fair would be our third date so only the fourth date would be left.

I took Meera's help to set up the fourth date. So she would feel happy because of me at least for a day. After we all met up at the fair I went to Meera "I want to make her feel special."I tell Meera. I think Meera didn't understand my context.

"You have a girlfriend?"She asked me. I visibly face palmed myself."No! I am talking about Adithi."She looked even more shocked.

"When did Adithi become your girlfriend. She never told me!."Meera was freaking out."No ! Meera I want to ask her for her forgiveness properly."She calmed down."You should have done that way back."She tells me in a matter-of-fact voice.

"Meera! Now is not the time to diss me. I need your help."I tell her with a frown ."Okay! Don't pout like a baby. It doesn't suit you."She tells me."I didn't pout."I retort.

"Yeah, I hate being a doctor."She tells me back."But you are a doctor?"I question her."That's the point."She tells me again.

"Ok! Does she like anything?"I ask her even though I didn't understand her remark."She loves flowers. She loves when you give her flowers with a meaning behind them. Like, a red rose symbolizing love and romance, or a pink rose meaning grace and sweetness. She loves candlelight dinners too."She tells me.

"But isn't it a bit you know, romantic?"I ask her."You want to apologize to her or not."She asks me. I nod my head indicating a yes."Then do it."She tells me and finds her way back to Sara and Anu.

That's how I ended up with today's last date. I hope everything goes well and we don't bicker. After what happened to Meera, Adithi started staying with her most of the time and she made sure she was around people. 

We all had to convince her that Meera will be fine. Rahul and Sharath will be practically babysitting her with Sara and Anu. Which Meera is not very happy about. I clearly remember her lines."I am not a baby. I can manage myself. I turned 24 just yesterday. Do you understand that?"But Adithi was not gonna take no for an answer.

After this much time. We all finally persuaded her to the last date. I booked a table at this fancy restaurant. I bought her the flowers like Meera mentioned and everything is going according to plan. 

It has been a few hours and here I am in front of their apartment door. It reminds me of the first day I was here. I didn't want to be here. I didn't want to see her face. I really was an idiot back then. Now is the time to make things right.

I ring the bell and the door slowly opens revealing Meera with a lollipop in her mouth." Hi! Little girl I tell her." as a joke. Though she takes it as a joke as well she says."I am not a little baby am taller than Adithi."She tells me. 

Yeah, Adithi is the shortest among all of us. We used to make fun of her a lot. I laugh at that memories. I was walking down by the memory lane but Meera's voice pulls me back."I am not patient enough to catch this door for too long, will you come in or should I close the door on your face?"She asks me with a sinister smile. If I don't react fast she will do that only. In a matter of few seconds, I enter the house. Rahul, Sharath, Sara, and Anu are already here.

Sneha wanted us to take care of Sara and Sara wanted to meet Meera and Anu. As I was looking at everyone Meera comes and stands beside me."Talk to her properly. Don't irritate her by talking shit. Make some jokes. Make her feel at ease."She tells me.

"Yeah, I will be sure of that."I nod. But she is not done yet"Don't hesitate in splitting the bill. If you overact by telling her I will pay and you don't earn shit, next day you won't have this pretty face of yours."She tells me with a smile. I gulp at that statement and give a small nod.

She pats my head mutters good boy and goes back to play with the others. They are playing a board game. I talk a while with Rahul and Sharath. Even they warn me not to screw things up. Do I look like I always screw things up?

Anyway, I really hope I don't screw up. After some time Adithi comes out of her room. She is wearing a really simple Kurti with distressed jeans. She signals me asking if we should go. I nod and turn towards the others to say bye.

We come out of the apartment and in an hour we reach the restaurant. The ride to the restaurant was calm.No one uttered a word. Shit! I forgot about the flowers."Hey! I forgot something. Give me a minute. You order something for yourself and me."I tell her. She nods at my statement.

By the time I come back I see her finishing up her order with the waiter. I come back sit on my seat and hand her flowers."Oh!!! You got me flowers. They look so beautiful. "She says her voice sounding really happy.

"I got you purple hyacinth  and yellow roses they mean-"I was cut off in between."I am really sorry and let's start our friendship."She completes my sentence.

I feel happy listening to that ."Will you accept it?"I ask her. She must have recognized the hopefulness in my voice."Yes! Let's be friends."She tells me with a smile that could light up the night.

I smile back at her and the night goes so well. We reminisce the past, laughed at the memories of how we bickered with each other. We got so close together. It was like we practically were friends for ages. We had a proper talk for the first time. 

The so-called date comes to an end. I stand with her in front of her apartment door. According to Rahul Meera is sleeping and they all left the house. We are looking around. Awkwardness surrounds the air. She looks very happy and beautiful standing with the bouquet I gave.

"Did you have fun?"I ask her. She nods murmuring a small yes."I will tell my mom I am not interested in this marriage."I tell her. She nods at my statement. We say our goodbyes to each other. She waits till I get in the car and goes inside.

I don't know whether I should feel happy that I got to know who she really was or be sad that I didn't give her a chance to be my friend.

With all these thoughts in my mind. I reach the airport. I have a meeting with our sponsors in France and they wanted to meet me.

The meeting went really well and within 5 days am back in India. I take the taxi to go meet my parents first. But I get a voice mail from Adithi"YOU IDIOT! YOU HAD ONE FREAKING JOB! SERIOUSLY YOU CANT PLAY WITH ME LIKE THIS.I WANT YOU TO BE AT YOUR PENTHOUSE IN AN HOUR . IF YOU ARE NOT HERE BY 11:00 BE READY TO FIND YOUR PENTHOUSE IN ASHES." with that my voice mail cuts off. Did I really screw things up! I sure did I guess. Wish me luck.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Word count:1459

What do you think must have happened? Will Adithi burn down his house?

I can't believe we reached 200 views. I am really grateful to the people who are reading my book. I know the book has a lot of mistakes. I will surely edit in a few day's time. Thank you to each and everyone who is reading the book.

If you like this chapter please, vote comment, and share with your friends. Please don't be a silent reader. Once again thank you so much!

Please! Listen to the song-Older by Sasha Sloan. It's really beautiful. Give it a chance. I promise you will love it.

~Author