Chapter 33

Chapter 33

🌷Meera's POV

Damn, I can't find that red lipstick. Why is my room so poorly organized? Someday I should clean it. I look at myself in the mirror. Hope he likes what I wear. We decided the date to be today. I want to look perfect for him. I rummage through my drawers and pull out a curler and try to give my wavy hair a bit of a bounce. They are too flat for my liking.

I hear the doorbell ring. He is here pretty fast- I think to myself. I give one last look in the mirror and go towards the door. Taking a deep breath, I try to hide the blush that was slowly creeping in. But everything washes away when I find the person behind the door. I try to close the door as fast as possible but he obviously was stronger than me.

How the hell did he find me? No! this can't be happening.

He pushes through and comes into my apartment, I try to run to my room but he catches me and slams me to the ground. He slaps me across the face. My face goes numb."How did you find me?" I ask my brother, tasting blood in my mouth because of the slap.

I am very scared but I try to keep up a strong image. 

"I have connections sister," he says while putting all of his force on my back making me groan in pain. I hate it when he calls me sister.

"Did you think we will leave you alone? You wish! We need you for the money you owe us!" he slurs his words while pressing his knee onto my lower back. It is so painful.

"I don't owe any money to you guys! Every penny I earned it myself!" I tell him while I try not to feel any pain. But the more I talk the more force he is applying on me. I was flat on the ground and he was above me.

I try to move from my position but it was in vain. So, I start shouting as loud as I could. Trying to see if anyone would come to my rescue.

As he didn't want others to hear me he tries to shut my mouth with his hand. I took the opportunity to bite his fingers. 

I bit him very hard and he started bleeding. I run from him into my room. I lock it from inside. I hear banging and shouting from my brother but it dies after some time. My brother shouts"I will be back!" and leaves. I hear nothing after that, just silence.

I was too scared to go outside so I sit in my room not knowing what to do.

I see myself in the mirror. I could see a girl with a split lip which is bleeding badly, a swollen and bruised cheek, torn dress, and most of all a broken heart. My first thought was- I can't let Rahul see me like this. I see tears running down my face, but I feel nothing just nothing. I take out my phone switch it off and sit down on the floor. What the fuck happened?

🌷Rahul POV

I have been planning the date for weeks. I hope she loves it. I look at myself in the mirror. She likes me when I wear black, she likes my hair kinda unevenly combed. I try to dress up how she likes.

 I text her to check if she is ready but I don't get a reply. Maybe she doesn't have her phone. I don't think of it much and drive to her apartment. I see a guy coming right from Meera's apartment wing. He seemed really suspicious but let's not jump to conclusions.

I reach Meera's apartment and find it open. I go inside - Is that blood?! I don't know what was happening.  Is Meera fine? Did she hurt herself?

"Meera!"I shout loudly but I hear no response. Is she here? 

I walk towards her room. The door was closed and had bloodstains on the handle. I was going crazy! I go towards the door and bang it.

"Meera are you in there!"I shout.

" Rahul! go away" I hear Meera's voice, It was hoarse, It was meek as if she cried.

"Meera what happened?"I shout back but I hear the same thing.

"Go away!"She shouts at her full capacity.

"Okay! If you need anything, am here."I tell her, respecting her privacy, and start cleaning the room around. 

After a while, I hear a click from Meera's room. The door opens and she slowly comes out. She was wearing an off-white shirt and grey pants. Her hair was bunned up.

But her face was what made me gasp in horror. She had a terribly bruised cheek, cut lips."What happened?"I say going towards her trying to caress her bruise.

But she holds her hands in between us." Let's break up." she says. "That's the way towards the door". she continued pointing towards the exit.

"Why? Did I do something wrong?"  I asked not at all believing my ears.

" I fell out of love Rahul. I don't love you anymore, I don't think it will work out," she answers with a straight face.

"What! Are you serious?" I question her chuckling at my pathetic situation.

"Is something wrong?" I ask her taking hold of her shoulders. But she was fast enough to push off my hands.

"What happened to your face?" I ask her again."It's none of your business." She says now in the kitchen fixing herself a glass of water.

"You're my girlfriend!"I exclaim.

"But now am not!" she exclaims as well. But just as she finished speaking I get a call. It's from my secretary Shubham, I cut the call, but I get it again.

"What is it?"I ask lifting the call.

" Sir! Someone has leaked our designs and our competitive company has released their new line. It's the carbon copy of your design." he says panting on the other side of the phone."Please come to the office sir, It's urgent."He exclaims.

What do I do? I say a yes and cut the call.

"Meera let's talk about this once I come back, "I ask her with pleading eyes. 

But she answers me back with zero expressions" There is nothing to talk Rahul, I am not interested in you anymore. We are done." she says.

My heart has shattered into pieces. I didn't know what to say. But I stick with" I will come back." and leave the apartment. 

What is this? 

Everything was going so well! 

Why did she break up with me?

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Guys! The next chapter will be tomorrow and daily posts as usual from now on!!!! I am really thankful to each and everyone for making me reach 800+ reads it wouldn't be possible without you!

And yeah I will be starting thorough editing of the book too! Love you guys!

~Author