Chapter 40

Chapter 40

🌷Adithi POV

"Yes! Sudha I will take care of your daughter! Yup am free! Yup! It's Ok! Bye." I cut the call sitting on the sofa.

"Who is it?" Karthik asks coming into the living room.

"Sudha- My cousin, she wanted me to take care of her 3-year daughter tomorrow and I told her yes," I tell him regretting the decision a bit as am not good with children.

"Oh no, I asked our art director to take your interview tomorrow for the Artist spot," Karthik reveals to me smacking his head. I asked him to give me a chance to be an artist in his company and he gladly accepted it.

"Let's call Rahul," I say.

"Let's call Meera." He says.

"Let's call them both." We say together.

So let the love birds meet 'mission starts now. (Such a bad name)

🌷Meera POV

Adithi called me a thousand times in the last few weeks and I kinda have been ignoring her not wanting to tell her anything. First of I don't wanna make her angry by telling her how we broke up and second of am not ready for the wrath she will give me once she finds out. An angry Adithi is a dangerous Adithi, you might know from the time she almost burned down Karthik's house on hearing 'the' news.

But last night, when she called me, she told me she wanted me to take care of her cousin's daughter. She pleaded me so much I had to say ok for it.

For now, am standing in front of their door trying to fix my presence. I ring the doorbell and to my surprise, Rahul opens the door.

"What the hell?" we both shout at the same time.

Just then Adithi comes through the door and whispers "Shush! The baby is sleeping."

On hearing that I clamp my mouth tight and glare at Adithi thinking this was totally planned.

As I enter the house Adithi mutters a sorry saying Karthik called Rahul by accident and she seemed genuine.

"I will take a leave now, as clearly someone more capable is here," Rahul murmurs at the end as if I was not supposed to hear. But clearly, I heard it.

"Shit!" just then we hear Karthik shout from the room. We panic on hearing that and run to the room only to find Karthik balancing the baby in his hand while half of his body was leaning off from the bed.

I was fast enough to react and took the baby from his hands into mine.

"She woke up and jumped off the bed," Karthik says awkwardly smiling.

"What the hell? You can't take care of one baby. How would you take care of our baby in the future?" Adithi shouts and the sooner she realized her words the redder she got and none the less Karthik was red too.

Gosh, aren't they cute together?!

"God! Someone should learn to make things awkward from you both." Rahul snaps and turns to go away but the baby in my hands started crying once she saw him leave.

"Rahul! Chikkoo wants you." Adithi claps her hands. And when Rahul turned back the baby- Chikkoo indeed stopped crying. She turns towards Rahul and starts repeating "Want Rahu, want Rahu." And extends her arms towards him.

Isn't she a cute bundle of joy!

Rahul takes her from my hands.

He looks so cute with the ba- Meera stop it! What the hell are you thinking? He is cute- No stop!