Chapter 48

Chapter 48

🌷Adithi POV
(3weeks later)

These few weeks have been tiring, I have been going back and forth with Karthik, not knowing how to react to a given situation, he being the best person he is tells me it is totally fine. Today is our first anniversary can you believe it? In the span of a year, we fought, we married, we fought more but ended up loving each other.

Love starts at the weirdest of times and places that no one can imagine.

I slowly try to get up from my sleepy slumber, the curtains are open and the light from the daylight is hitting my face, what do I wish him when I turn behind? Is it going to be awkward?'Happy first anniversary ' Nah that doesn't sound good. ' Hey! boo' man that sounds dumb.

With all these thoughts in mind, I turn around to find a note on the bed. Where is he? Isn't he supposed to be here am I such a heavy sleeper? to not even notice he is not here?

 I slowly picked up the note to read its content.

"Hey! I prepared something for you. Go check the cupboard" the note read in blue ink. 

I slowly get up from the bed and make my way to the closet, I slowly open the door to find a really beautiful sage green dress hanging on the side, with matched accessories. It's a really beautiful dress I have no idea about the technical terms but god it's pretty. There was another note stuck to the inside of the closet door.

"I didn't pick it, I asked Rahul to make it for you. But one thing is for sure, you will look beautiful in anything you wear. Also, get ready and get down from the apartment." This one read. 

 I knew this was Rahul's choice from the start, cause Karthik already told me before that he is not good at these things and neither am I.

I place the dress on the bed and go to the bathroom to take a shower. As I was drying my hair I find another note stuck to the mirror in front of me "Take your time, no need to hurry." It read and I could easily imagine his voice in my head saying these words.

 I smile at that note and get on with my make-up and dressing, the first time I got ready for him I didn't even pay attention to what I was wearing, I didn't even care at that time. But now there are only two people I dress up for - me and him.

I still remember the day when Meera was trying to get me into that palazzo and me saying this is all waste of time. But no, now when I think of those moments they put a smile on my face. Though the night ended up with a fight, the next time he came to apologize to me. Isn't that character development? 

With all my dressing up done, I make my way to the front of the house where all our footwear is stacked, I was about to take out and wear my flats but I find a note on it.

"Please! These don't even match with the dress, there are black stilettos in the box above wear those~Meera"

I mean who else can write this, as I was about to fold the paper going back to wearing my flats but there was something else written on the back.

"WEAR THE HEELS ~MEERA"

What the hell does she have cameras? The note also continued "No worries, the heel is not too long~Karthik."

What is going on here? I might not understand what is happening but one thing is for sure, they are planning on something.

I take out the box from the above drawer, it's a shiny white box, and inside are these black toe peeping shoes, damn these are pretty.

I wear them and head down to find our driver standing there, once he sees me he opens the car door for me and indicates me to get in. I do as he says.