Chapter 28

Chapter 28

🌷Karthik POV

I have to test play these 4 games before the anniversary launch. They took a lot of time to prepare but I still want them to be as perfect as possible. But I keep deviating the whole day and every reason for that being Adithi. Why am I thinking of her the whole time? Is something wrong with me?

I didn't get my work done, if this carries on I can't finish this project. What do I do? Just then I hear a knock on my door. Come in I answer. 

Tejas enters my room" Sir! Today you have to recruit an art designer."He reminds me."Are the applicants here?"I ask him. He nods his head indicating a yes.

"Let them in."

Many come and go but none were right. We need someone with our specific art style. As I was thinking of what to do, the next one comes in. "Good Afternoon Sir." It's a female voice.

"Kavya" I was stunned looking at her.

"Karthik" she was also stunned like me.

"Um...Take a seat."I tell her. She nods her head. I see her sample art and it matches so well with our current style of the game.

"Are you a traditional artist?"I ask her as I move from one drawing to another.

" I draw on a graphic tablet most of the time, but I thought the samples have to be on paper," she tells me.

"It's fine, I just wanted to know if you work on graphic tablets or not," I tell her.

The air around us was sure awkward. But suddenly a question rises in my mind do I still like her? The answer my mind gave shocked me more. I think I don't like her anymore.

"Why do you think I should recruit you?"I ask her going into CEO mode.

" I am fast at finishing my work. I work well under pressure as well. I can work as a good support block for the team. I am trustworthy."She tells me.

"Every interviewee says the same thing what makes you different from them?" I ask her again.

"It's just that I keep my word. "She tells simply as a matter of fact.

"Is this job important to you?" I ask her.

"Yes, very much. I need money to survive."She tells me in a dull tone.

"What about your prior experience?"I ask her.

"I used to work under a webtoon artist, but they never paid me well. I want the right amount for how much work I do."She tells me in a firm tone.

"You are recruited, you can start your training under our game designer head from tomorrow," I tell her.

"Thank you, sir," she tells me with a smile. The same smile I fell for a couple of years ago.

"Kavya, I think I need some closure," I tell her.

"I knew this was coming."She tells me.

"Why did you blame Adithi?" I ask her.

" My dad and your dad were rivals, even though I had a crush on you during our high school. My father somehow got to know about it and warned me not to reveal my feelings. I was so happy that you liked me as well. But I couldn't accept you." She tells me.

"But will your dad accept if you worked under me?"I ask her reconsidering my choice of giving her the job.

"He is dead. He also left a lot of debt because of which we had to sell our hospital. Now I need money to survive."She tells me.

"I have a request."She continued.

"I will not be ok to meet you often. Though am very thankful that you gave me the job, it's awkward for me," she tells me.

"Don't worry. Your job doesn't require you to meet me often."I say her.

"Thank you, sir, I will be working from tomorrow."She tells me and leaves.

I need to work on my feelings they are overwhelming. I think I know someone who can help me. I take out my phone and dial up the only person who could help me go in the right direction. The person on the other line answers the phone.

"Hello!" she says in her usually chirpy voice.

"Hey Meera, Are you free?" I ask her.

"Yup! Just now finished college, why?"Meera cross-questions.

"I need your help. Can you come to my office building please?"I ask her." Ok! Send me the address." she tells me.

I cut the call and send her the address and within no time she was sitting in my office.

"Why did you call me?"She asks as she turns around in the office chair.

"Adithi told me she likes me."I tell her to which she simply replies "You rejected her."

"I did not! I asked for time."I retort. To which Meera doesn't react much." I kinda keep thinking about her. My thoughts deviate towards her. When am with her I tend to admire how she does stuff and all."I tell her truthfully.

"I think you are falling for her Karthik," Meera explains me.

"Falling for her?"I ask questioningly.

"You have taken a liking for her." she breaks it down more. I guess you can put it that way."How did you realize that you have these kinds of feelings for her?"Meera asks me.

"Today Kavya, the girl I used to like in my high school came for a job. That's when I realized I have these feelings for her." I tell Meera. To which Meera claps her hands.

"Just tell her."Meera says, but we hear a clutter of things falling down behind Meera.

"I had this gut feeling you still liked Kavya and I was right. Meera you were a good friend to Karthik but you forgot about my feelings."I hear Adithi say with that she dashes out of the door. Without another word, Meera runs after her.

But by the time I process and go down the building I see Adithi being hit by a car right in front of my eyes.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Word count: 1020

Guys, please read the next notice. It's is important. Also, don't forget to vote and comment.

~Author