Chapter 46

Chapter 46

🌷Karthik POV

(7 years old)

"Good Job! Karthik. Remember to perform the same in the next test." My dad said as he saw the test papers that I was swinging in my hands a few seconds back. He came back from the hospital an hour ago and settled down just now.

"Dad! You know What happened in school today?" I ask him jumping up and down. It's been a week since I had a proper conversation with my dad, that didn't include a "bye" that I always tell him when he leaves for work.

"Karthik! Your Dad is just back from work. Don't trouble him." My mom says while placing that night's dinner on the table. I turn to look at my dad to ask whether he is Ok to talk with me.

He picks me and places me on his lap and gestures me to continue. I give him a huge toothy smile, that lacked one tooth in the front.

"I met Rahul today! We are best friends now. He even shared his compass box with me." I tell my dad with a proud smile as I made a new friend in school. My dad gives me the same smile back and we high-fived each other. For the first time he said the words which I only heard when they were directed to my brother, but this time it was for me- " That's my boy," he says while patting my head.

Aryan comes and sits beside dad, while I was still on his lap." Dad Karthik was playing video games the whole day." He says while I visibly try to shush him so dad doesn't know that I play video games.

"Wahh! Karthik you never told me. Let's play together sometime." My dad says with the same smile from before. I nodded my head and gave him a tight hug.

------------

(12 years old)

"Maa! Karthik fell down from the stairs." Aryan shouted as he tries to pull me up and seat me properly. I hurt my ankle pretty bad and it seems hard to move. As I settle myself and look forward my mom comes running towards me frantically. She takes a single look at my leg. It takes her no time to lift me up and hold me tight.

"Ramana! Get the car. Karthik hurt himself." She shouts on top of her lungs I have never seen her so scared before. We reach the hospital and it turns out I fractured my ankle. She scolded me for running carelessly near the stairs.

------------

"Karthik why are you crying?" my brother asks coming and sitting beside me.

"I don't score as much as you," I tell him sobbing hard as I cry. I failed my social exam and I have to retake that.

"Was it social?" he asks me calmly. I nod and murmur a small 'I failed'

"You know I tried playing the recent game you were playing I failed in the first round." He tells me putting a hand on my shoulder.

"Both are different." I try to counter him. He gives me a yeah-your-right look.

"See Karthik not everyone is good at everything. These sheets of paper wouldn't decide what you will be in the future. Trust me." He tells me patting my back.

"But I want to be as good as you," I tell him looking straight in the eyes. He nods his head negatively.

"Karthik you can never be me cause we both are different. You are special the way you are."

------------

"Dad I wanna start my own company," I tell him my words strong.

"Do you even make out what you are talking Karthik? Your stupid love for your games won't make you reach anywhere. Listen to me, work beside your dad and brother. Don't go into a place that is already infiltrated with many." My mom tries to convince me as I talk to my dad who is standing behind his mahogany table.