Chapter 31

Chapter 31

🌷Sharath POV

I sit in my room as I question my existence. How can I be so dumb? Trust someone just because they said we shared the same past. I guess I was served right.

"Sharath! What is wrong with you? It's been 4 days since you came out of your room? What happened?"My sister shouts from the other side.

It's been 4 days since I have been betrayed by the person I liked.

"Go away, "I shout back with my dried-up throat.

" Tell me I might be able to solve."She exclaims.

"No! Go away!"I shout back.

" Shery come out!" my niece Anu shouts as well. I could hear the pain in her voice

"Anu is crying Sharath because you have been inside for so long. She is missing you so much" my sister reminds me again.

"I will come out later, "I tell them. I wait if there is any reply but I find none. They left.

I still remember the day she told me –

"I like you Sharath." she breaths out.

"What?"I turn around as the wind blows on this cold night. We were sitting on our house terrace. "I like you," she repeats again.

"I like you too,"I tell her my feelings. I should have known it's a bad move. A very bad move.

A month after that

"Alia why are you crying!"I ask her. I was in her apartment.

"Sharath My-mom."she stutters sobbing uncontrollably.

"What happened?"I ask her again.

"Doctors identified a hole in her heart. She needs a surgery as soon as possible." She sobs again." I am short on 15 lakhs. Without paying they wont perform the surgery."She balls her eyes out.

"I will give you that money." I tell her and put half of my savings in her account."I will pay you back Sharath." She tells hugging me.

The next day I go to her apartment only to find out she ran away with that money. Her apartment was empty. She wiped off her number. She just ran away with no words.

I believed her like a dummy. I am such an idiot. Because of her I even lost my friends. I was wrong at every freaking step.

I hear a knock on my door which partially pulls me away from my existential crisis.

"What is it?"I shout again but the voice I hear following it made me open my mouth wide.

"Sharath please open the door."I hear Meera say. How is she here? Then I hear another voice.

"Sharath open the god damn door before I break it."I hear Rahul.

Both are here for me after whatever I did to them. I know he will keep his words and break the door. So I open the door and move totally back from it. They both enter my room.

"What happened?"They ask me together.

But my first instinct was to apologize. I was a really bad friend. I got down on my knees joined my hands"I am really sorry guys . I shouldn't have been so mean to you. Its my fault." I tell them whatever I was feeling.

Rahul comes to me and lifts me up. He hugs me."It's, ok Sharath. I missed you."He tells me. I couldn't believe in my ears.

"No doubt you were an idiot, I forgive you."Rahul says."But you need to specially ask for someone else's forgiveness." he says pointing towards Meera.

I look at her she gives me a smile."I already forgave you" she tells me.

"I really shouldn't have reacted like that. I had a talk with my parents just before that and you talked about them. I couldn't handle my emotions. I know excuses are not good. I am sorry."I tell her.

Her smile dims a bit."I am sorry too I should have known the right time to speak" she tells me.

I go and hug her too."So we are good now?"I ask her.

"Always ." she tells." I can't afford to lose you, I need someone who understands my Kdrama references," she says looking towards Rahul as if implying he doesn't understand her references.

To which Rahul frowns and says"At least I try." We laugh looking at his expression.

I tell them everything that happened.

"That Baboon of a human," Meera says. Meera doesn't like cussing so she changes it to the weirdest word she could find.

"How can you be dumb enough to give 15 lakhs ."Rahul questions me."Believe me, I wouldn't if I knew."I tell him.

"Will you press charges?" Meera asks me.

"I don't think so, it will become a big headache for me.I already have a lot in my plate." I tell her to which she nods.

"Thank you for understanding guys,"I tell them genuinely. They smile at me and we have a group hug.

"Let's go meet Karthik and Adithi, "I tell them. I miss them a lot. As their names came out of my mouth Rahul's and Meera's smiles fell off.

"What happened?"I question them sensing the atmosphere.

"What?"I breathe out. A lot happened in two months huh."So now Adithi is in Darjleeng and Karthik is sad?"I question back. They both nod their heads."I hope Adithi gets well soon."

🌷Adithi POV

Darjleeng is a really beautiful place. It's filled with snow everywhere. It's a really pleasant atmosphere. I placed my bags in my small cottage. I was feeling hungry so I go to the nearby restaurant and order food.

I pay for it and go out."Mam,You left your card behind."a guy shouts. I turn around to see what is going on. A tall guy with a buff body comes running towards me."Woah!Your so beautiful."He exclaims handing me the card. What the hell!

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Guys!! Am back as promised. It's a double update you can scroll down!!!

~Author