Chapter 38

Chapter 38

🌷Adithi POV

It was hard to gather everyone around. Karthik went to get the guys and I went to get Meera. When I went to surprise her to my old apartment, she wasn't all bubbly and fun she was dull and not lively at all. I didn't understand what was wrong with her, maybe she is angry that I have gone from here for a month. Hope she comes around.

I get into the house only to find it dirty as hell. The kitchen had all the dishes piled up, there was stuff lying on the floor, a broken vase. I went to check her room too, it was just chaos. This is nothing like her! Meera may be clumsy but she is clean though she denies she is not. She is clean.

"Meera! I and Karthik have news to share."I tell her while we both go and sit on the couch.

"What is it?" she questions me back and it sounded as if she doesn't care.

"Let's go out! We will tell it to you in front of everyone." I tell her all excited! But I see zero excitement in her.

"What do you mean by everyone?" she asks me with a hint of fear behind her voice.

"Everyone- me, you, Karthik, Rahul, and Sharath." Her eyes widened at the mention of her boyfriend's name. What the hell is going on?!

"Am not coming," she says standing up to run to her room. I was fast enough to catch her.

"What's wrong with you? You are coming and that's final!" I shout at her. To which she just nods.

After all this drama here we are sitting in the familiar café with familiar orders in our hands. We all could sense the awkward air around us and weirdly enough Rahul and Meera are not sitting together. Did they get into a silly fight?

I turn towards Sharath gesturing to him and asking what's wrong with them, he mouths a huge I don't know. I turn towards Karthik and he mouths 'something is very bad' to which me and Sharath nod.

"How is your best friend Sharath?" I ask him.

"More like an ex-girlfriend."Karthik laughs.

"What?" I asked totally confused.

"Long story short, I asked her out, she asked me money, and next day she ran away with it." Sharath shrugs as if it is a normal thing that could ever happen.

"What the hell?" I mouth not knowing what to say to that.

"Chill! I got over it pretty soon with the help of my therapist." Sharth tells me and I pat his back saying  'it will all be fine.' To which he just thanks me.

"Gosh! I can't take this anymore! What the hell is wrong with you both?" Karthik asks banging the table.

"We broke up," Rahul speaks up this time.

"What?" I shout.

Karthik throws down his cutlery.

Sharath spits his coffee.

"Your joking right?" Sharth asks wiping his mouth.

"Does this look like a joke?" Meera says.

"You told me you wanted to say something if you say that I will go," Rahul says chugging down his expresso.

"I and Karthik are dating," I say in the same cold tone in which Rahul said.

"Great! I will get going bye." Saying that Rahul left the second we finished saying.

I turn my head towards Meera only to see her wipe a few tears.

"I applied for extra classes. I will get going too. Bye!" now it was Meera's turn to leave.

What the hell happened in the span of a month!

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Scroll away! Before you guys kill me for not updating read the next chapter!

~Author