Chapter 42

Chapter 42

🌷Adithi POV

"Your Anterograde Amnesia ( Fancy term for a condition in which a person is unable to create new memories after an amnesia-inducing event.), isn't very bad. It's very mild" I hear my therapist say to me.

" But you had to move out from your job because even a small slip up could get you behind bars. You understand that right?" she explains to me.

Karthik insisted I go for therapy, his words and I quote "No one reacts your way when they lose their job." I mean- if I only cared about the job, because of my father I was determined to do that job, but once I understood everything that happened, I am not caring.

"Yes, doctor I understand," I tell her.

"The ongoing occupational and memory retaining therapy will help you learn new activities." She tells me.

I nod through her words.

"We will close the session for today." The doctor says. We say our goodbyes and I slowly walk out of the clinic.

I see Karthik standing by the road with his car. He always picks me up whenever I come for my therapy. He says I shouldn't be driving myself yet. After the moment we had that day, we have become closer than before.

As I reach the car I give him a tight hug and get into the car.

"I am going out with dad tomorrow." Karthik tells me as we start off on the road towards our home."That's nice, he seems to be spending time with you after retiring." I tell him.

"Yeah! I am really enjoying it!" he tells me giving me a huge smile.

🌷Karthik POV

I was on my way to pick up dad for a fun day - talking about business. In fact, this is what we enjoy doing the most. My dad started to seem like my dad. He sure is keeping his promise of being a better father. He always keeps saying I always have to be the better father for my best sons.

We both have gotten too close and as a matter of fact, I got to know he isn't like other fathers. He isn't a control freak, he asks me questions that no dad would ever ask their son. I should have known that the night he drank with me.

"Did something good happen last night? You don't seem to have enough sleep." He asks me as he enters the car.

"What the hell?" I say disgusted by the question. It's an ongoing drama though.

"What I was talking about your work. What else did you think?" he asks me wiggling his eyebrows.

I ignore that question and cross-question him myself." Where do you wanna go?" I ask him while taking the car onto the road.

"Maybe we can try an amusement park." He answers checking his watch.

"Two grown a- men in the amusement park?" I ask him, hoping he didn't catch me cursing.

"Did you try to curse?" he asks looking at me, I thought he would be angry but he is surprised.

"Sorry I didn't mean to," I tell him concentrating on driving.

"It's ok you can curse, your 29 for fucks sake." Now it was my turn to be surprised.

"I am 25 and I don't curse," I tell him, not at all getting angry that he doesn't remember my age.

"Ok 25, But why don't you curse?" he asks me curiosity radiating from his voice.

"Cause am scared of Meera?" I say out as a question myself.