Chapter 5

Chapter 5

🌷Sharath POV

I was at the bar."2 vodka shots please."It was a hectic day at work and I need my shots. I have my two shots and head home. I live with my sister and her daughter. Her husband left her after having the baby."Hey! Anu, I am home."I shout as I enter our house. 

But I can't hear her giggly voice as always. I then see my sister running down the stairs with Anu in her hands "Di what happened ?"I look at her confused ."Anu has been vomiting whatever she ate. Now she is unconscious because she didn't eat anything."I can see the tension in her eyes. 

I open the front door rush to the car ."Did you drink ?" my sister asked me. Without even me answering she knew it."Give me the keys ."Saying this she put Anu in my arms ."Let's go to Rajveer uncle's hospital.

My sister nodded as we continued to the hospital. We reached the emergency bay. Anu was taken from my hands and put on a stretcher. She was then connected to an IV. My sister is so strong, she is scared as hell I know but she is keeping it all in for Anu."Shravani"I hear my sister giving her name.

After a while, Anu was shifted from the emergency room to a wardroom. It was currently midnight and I was on my phone binge-watching a drama. Just then I hear the door open and in entered Meera."I came to check up on Anusha Basu ."I hear her speak.

She looks at me taken aback for a moment. She comes out from her daze ."Hi!"She waves at me cutely. I wave back at her ."Sister ?"She asked me pointing at my di who was sleeping."How did you know ?"I asked her ."You guys look way too similar to be husband and wife.Duh."I laugh at her statement.

Just then I hear rustles behind me and see my sister wake up ."Hello!Am doctor Meera. I will be attending Anusha this shift ."She told my sister ."She was the friend I was talking about."I say to my sister. She nods and introduces herself."What happened ?"She asked my sister regarding Anu ."She hasn't been eating properly since morning, She threw up whatever little she ate. She did complain of a lot of stomach pain. As she didn't eat much she fainted."My sister explained to her.

"It's a clear case of food poisoning nothing to worry about. She mush have eaten something unhealthy ."Meera explains. My sister looks confused"She didn't have anything unhealthy as far as I know ."She tells Meera.

Just then I remember ."I might or might not have taken her to eat Pani puri the other day ."I reveal. My sister got really angry, she smacked me on my head ."I told you not to feed her outside junk. You idiot !"I was embarrassed that she hit me in front of my new friend.

"Sorry, I didn't expect it to happen."I say while taking a blow on my head. I hear Meera chuckle."It's fine we will give medicines and make sure she drinks a lot of water, she might even have diarrhea, so keep a check on that ."She was talking to my sister when I got a call. 

It was Rahul." Please excuse me." saying this I walk out of the room and take the call ."Where at bro ?"I hear Rahul ask."Anu had food poisoning and she fainted so at the hospital."I explained to him."How is she right now?"He asked concern evident in his voice"She is fine now."I tell him. "Which hospital?" He chimed in with a question again."Uncle Rajveer's hospital."I tell him ."Go meet him once he is been asking for you a lot." he disclosed."Yep"I told him."Something has come up I will call you later." saying that he cut the call. 

I go to Meera and ask whether Rajveer uncle is in the hospital. She nods her head. I call him."Hello! son, it's been a while."I hear his enthusiastic voice on the other side."Hello, uncle, I am at the hospital, are you free? Rahul told me you wanted to talk?" I ask uncle."Yes, son come up to my room ." was all he told me."Yes, uncle on the way" saying this I cut the call. I made my way to his room.