Chapter 17

Chapter 17

🌷Meera's POV(1Month later)

I love him and it broke my heart knowing he has a girlfriend. Later even though he came to told me it's a lie. It proves that I have no chance with him. He cares for me treats me right, who wouldn't fall for such an awesome guy. I always want to be there with him.

I love him so much. He is intelligent, caring, charming, helpful, kind, and understanding. Everything I want in a guy who I would love to call is mine. Today is his birthday. He is hosting a party for all of his friends at this club. I and Adithi will be going with Karthik and Sharath.

Today morning when we met at his gym."Happy birthday."I tell him hugging him. He hugs me back. We slowly pull out from the hug."I got you a small present."I told him giving him the box."You didn't have to!"He tells."But I wanted to!"I mock him in the same tone.

"Open it "I urge him. I hope he likes it."You got me a Gucci belt!"He seems shocked."Yup, I did ."I tell him with a nod."But it's so costly!"He tells me with a frown.

"Not when am buying it for you. I wanted to give you this. Don't you like it?"I ask him."I love it very very much." he tells me. I smile at him."You're coming to the party in the evening right?" he asks me for the 500th time."I already told you I am coming."I tell him chuckling at his antics.

Now I stand in front of the mirror looking at the dress am wearing. I was wearing a high-neck, sleeveless mermaid fit dress in black. It hugged my every curve. The fact that am feeling very confident in this dress is mindblowing. Does it look am trying to impress him? Cause am doing that only.

I do my hair and go to find Adithi flaunting the dress I bought her a year back. It's a knee-length red bodycon dress. Its hands and neck are made of lace. She let down her black hair. She looks so good. I am proud of my selection.

"Meera you look so beautiful!"Adithi says."You think so?"I ask her. I sure was a bit hesitant though I liked it."You are beautiful too."I tell her." yeah, You bought it last year and now I got the time to wear it."She tells me sheepishly."Yup! I know. It's getting late let's go and wait downstairs."I tell Adithi. She nods at my statement.

As we reach down we find Sharath's car already parked. We hurriedly get inside and before I know am standing in the club with Rahul walking towards me.

He was wearing a really beautiful royal blue blazer with the belt I gifted him today. He envelopes me in a hug."You look so beautiful in this dress. God!"He whispers in my ear. I blush like a tomato ."The blush suits you ."He says with a wink. Did he just flirt with me? And why am I liking this so much? He leaves me hanging like that and goes to greet others.

Me, Karthik, Adithi, and Sharath go and sit at a table. Slowly after greeting everyone Rahul joins our table. With him there is another girl." Guys! This is Nayana. She is one of my friends in college." he introduces her.

She seems like a nice-No! She is practically falling on him."Thank you Rahul baby for introducing me."Rahul visibly tries to push her off but she doesn't budge."You guys keep talking. I will come later ." he says pushing her off.

"Hey."She tells to all of us. She turns towards me" You are Meera right?"She asks me."Yeah," I nod."His taste is so bad."She murmurs but I hear it clearly."What?"I ask her. She smiles at me and says "nothing."I just nod through her words.

After a few talks, she again opens her mouth."Adithi you look beautiful in that dress."She tells ."Yeah! Meera picked it for me ."Adithi tells smiling towards me. I reciprocate her smile.

"Oh!! The material looks a bit cheap." she tells turning towards me."I don't think so ."Adithi says back to her. But she doesn't answer anything and turns towards me."Meera! You are so bold to wear a bodycon dress. I mean you're a bit fat than others. You are Ok enough to wear whatever you want." She didn't have to say that.

It would be an understatement if I say I wasn't angry. But she had the audacity to continue."Shouldn't you do something to lose weight you will look a bit better."Now I was boiling with anger. 

But before I could say anything. Karthik shouts at her." Watch what you're talking, Will you?" he was angry at her statement just like others.

"What I was just saying? I just said she is a bit ugly and could work on herself." she says as if she were innocent. But I would love to defend myself."First of all, am fat, not ugly. Please learn the language before you speak."I tell her in a cool and calm tone.

"I know what am telling. You would at least look ok if you lost some weight."She tells me again. Adithi raised her had to slap her but I stopped. 

I stand up in anger" It's my body, I would do whatever I want with it. I don't care if a no-name person comes to me talking about my body or beauty. You have no right to define my worth I know I am very beautiful. With the narrow mind you have it must be hard to understand what am saying. So, with the little dignity, you have left get lost from here."I tell her. She gulps down at my statement and walks away without saying anything.

As I was about to sit someone comes and hugs me from behind."Am so proud of you."Its Rahul. He repeats himself by hugging me tighter "I really am. I will make sure that witch doesn't come near you. Enjoy the party my beautiful."He whispers in my ears and walks away. I turn red again.

I try to forget whatever happened except the hug part. From the past hour, I see Nayana falling on Rahul and talking to him at every moment. Saying I wasn't jealous would be wrong. I had 2-3 cocktails. I have a low tolerance for alcohol so I won't drink much" Damn I hate this."I tell Adithi who is sitting beside me." Then do something ." she answers me taking a sip of her cocktail. I was acting upon the little alcohol I had.

With this newfound confidence, I stroll up to Rahul. He was talking to some of his friends. I tap his shoulder so he turns around.

As he turned around I grab his tie and pull him to myself to attach my lips to his. I don't feel anything from my side. So I was moving back. But before I could completely move Rahul catches my face and kisses me back. We move apart and stare into each other's eyes for a moment" We will talk about this after the party."He tells me. I not my head slowly leaving his tie.

I move back to my place. The whole room was murmuring."Good job!"Adithi says from beside me."I just nod my head, all the alcohol in my body runs of and I became sober. As I get sober I realize what I did, Though I don't regret I am scared of what he will say.

Slowly the party clears. Nayana didn't go near Rahul after the kiss. After everyone left Rahul grabs my hand without any talk he takes me to our apartment."They won't be coming here for a few hours."He tells me.

We both walk into the living room."Meera I will get straight to the point. I love you I know it's only been 6 months since we met, but I can't help but fall for you. Will you be my girlfriend?"He asks me. 

I was shocked at his statement. I wasn't expecting him to say he loves me but ."I love you too. I will be your girlfriend."I tell him. I couldn't help but hug him. He hugs me back. We both stay like that for some time.

"Was it your first kiss?"Rahul asks me tauntingly."Was it that obvious?"I ask him. He chuckles looking at me."Your cute."He tells me and kisses my nose.

"From today on we will be a couple."He tells me."Will you call me Oppa or something from those dramas?"He asks me. I give him an are you serious look."Oppa means brother."I tell him he seems shocked. As he was about to ask another question" Don't sweat it."I tell him and hug him. We stay in the hug like that. Kissing him was the best decision ever.

The next day I was woken up by Adithi. She banged the door open."Meera you are on news! Headlines: The girl who kissed the only heir of the PR boutique."

What the hell! Rahul is the son of the famous fashion designer of today's era-Devraj Savan!

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Word count:1485

My friend asked for an update. So here you go.

FINALLY, ONE SHIP SAILED AND THEY KISSED!!!!!

I thought a lot before writing this chapter but trust my I don't regret them kissing.

Will we get another ship? Will Karthik ever fall for Adithi? Will Sharath find someone? Will Rahul and Meera's ship last? Only time will tell.So until the next chapter

Enjoy your double update.

~Author