Part 39

Jase walked out of the fitting room, wearing the last tuxedo we've gathered.

"I like that one," I gushed, examining the suit once more.

"Yeah?" he asked, his cheeks tinted pink.

"Yeah. And I'm pretty sure your mom will love it too," I added.

"I hope so. I've tried on everything at the store," he joked.

"There's plenty more stores at the mall, Jase. If you're not sure, we can check all of them." I laughed.

"I'm good." He patted down the suit and looked at his reflection in the mirror. "I'll get this one."

"Good choice." I smiled, leaning back in the sofa.

"You should go pick something out!" I hear him call.

I looked through my wallet. Seeing that I'd probably only be able to buy a water bottle here, I probably shouldn't get my hopes up and fall in love with a dress that I can't afford (which happens often). "Nah, I'm good!"

"You sure?"

"Yeah, I have something already," I lied.

I don't think Jase's mom would like me to show up at her wedding with any clothing that I own now. I guess I'll just work the late shift and use my college funds.

...

After Jase bought the suit, he bought me Chipotle. Bless his soul. He then drove me home.

"Bye, see you on Monday or something!" I say, hugging him.

"Yeah, bye. Don't die before Monday."

"No promises."

I closed the door and sighed. Being social and being nice to someone for an extended amount of time is difficult. I walked up to the door and fumbled with my keys. I quickly unlock the door and came inside.

There's no place like home. I love my house.

Well, all twenty-seven of them.

"Really? Oh my god!"

Mom.

I then heard my dad laugh.

Well, they could be getting really into a TV show or maybe my mom's trying to impress one of her new friends by laughing at everything they're saying. Either way, it ends up with my mom drinking too much champagne, crying, and my dad having to carry her into her room.

"Mom? Dad?" I called.

I followed the sound of their voices into the dining room.

My eyes widened. "What are you doing here?"

Harry smiled innocently at me. "Hello to you too, Y/N."

"Why are you in my house?" I interrogate. "More importantly, why did you let him into our house?" I glared at my parents. They shouldn't be letting mysterious guys that I go to school with enter my house. Why can't they just be normal and ban boys?

"Harry came over and said that he wanted to talk to you, but you weren't here so we let him in," my father explained.

"Did he now?" I muttered, staring Harry down.

He just smiled at me the same way he did before.

"Get out."

Harry stared at me, innocently. "Why?"

Why?

"Because, you are a-"

"Y/N! We need to have a talk!" my mother hissed.

Well, I'm popular today.

"Yes, mother dearest."

My mom led me to the living room.

"What are you doing?" I ask, crossing my arms.

She rolled her eyes and did the same. "I'm trying to get my lonely daughter a boyfriend, what does it look like I'm doing?"

"Interfering with my life. I don't need a boyfriend! I'm happy the way I am now," I argued.

She rested her arm on my shoulder. "Honey, that's what all the single people say."

"No it isn't!"

"Yes it is. Don't argue with me. Now go into the dining room and make yourself look somewhat interested in the only guy who shows some interest in you."

"Mother, Harry doesn-"

"Go."

---

My dad doesn't want me to date and my mom said that she's sad because her daughter is ugly and no one wants her

Oh