Part 61

"Why didn't you tell me about Connor's party?"

"I wasn't invited."

"Dude, you're always the first one invited to parties don't lie to me."

Harry groaned in frustration. "Look, it's not the best idea for you to be attending high school parties."

"Are you talking about what happened last time?"

"No, I'm talking about the time before that. Obviously I'm talking about the last time. You were heavily intoxicated and I had you bring your passed out badly home. I would rather not recreate that night."

"Normally I would agree but the rebellious nature in me refused to allow you to tell me what to do."

"Y/N."

"I'm going to the party whether you'll allow it or not, okay? And I only mentioned it because you're my friend and I thought that it would be fun to go together but since you seem to love moping around your house then I guess your plans are already finalized."

Harry sighed heavily. He's so dramatic I swear. "Fine. I'll go to the stupid party with you."

I smiled widely at him and he just rolled his eyes in return. I could tell that he wasn't annoyed as he was trying to let on. "Thank you. But I don't want you to come if you're not gonna have fun and just come to monitor me."

Harry smirked. "You're mistake, love. Monitoring you is my idea of fun."

"You are such a butt."

"One of us has to be."

...

"Why are you trying to help me get ready. I can dress myself," I whined.

"I'd rather you not wear sweatpants to a party, Y/N," Mel replied.

"You got me there."

Mel flashed a victorious smile.

"Okay. Do you. Make me hot please."

"My pleasure."

Mel did make up things and gave me one of her dresses as I chilled and listened to The 1975 songs.

"So what do you think about global warming."

"Y/N, babe. I love you but you're going to have to shut up okay."

"Okay."

"Shh."

...

After Mel was done with her pizazz she gave me a black dress because I refused to wear any other colour. Mel had on a tight red dress with some nifty tan heels and that was when I realized that none of the clothes and shoes that I own matched and almost fell into an existential crisis. I was wearing Mel's black bodycon dress. I told Mel that I wasn't going to wear heals because I almost fell a billion times at the last party so she let me settle with my sneakers.

"No guys are going to be looking at your feet anyway, sweetie" was what she said after I got her to let me wear my sneakers.

"Right, they're going to be looking at my souls and partially decent personality" was what I responded.

"Ouch" was what I said after Mel hit my arm. She replied with: "They better be looking at your face with that fleeked brow and eyeliner. Your whole makeup look took me about an hour be grateful."

I then responded with "sorry" and "thank you."

"Well, honestly, I hope no guys will look at you," Mel admitted.

"And why is that?" I asked. "Because you want them all to yourself?"

"No," Mel replied, "because then that strengthens your chance of ending up with Harry."

I rolled my eyes. "You wish."

"Actually, maybe if a couple guys notice you it could get Harry jealous and that could give him a push to- let me fix that contour a little more."

I pushed Mel's hand away. "You need to stop. This isn't a fictional story where the main character ends up with the mysterious bad boy okay. That would be so cliche."

"You right you right," Mel finally agreed. "By the way if this was a fictional story I would be the main character. Yours and Harry would be the side romance as I try to find my rich older guy."

"You right you right."

...

"Change. Right now."

"What?"

"Change."

"Why?"

"Because I don't feel like punching every guy that looks at you the wrong way."

"Harry."

"Y/N."

"I'm not changing. Plus, you're showing more chest than I am."

"You got me there. Fine, you don't have to change but you have to stay by my side the whole time."

"I think you've forgotten who you're talking to. I'm not exactly social."

"You also got me there."

"Mel will you stop gawking at us?"

"I can't. My ship is sailing."

---

Sorry. Short.

The dress above is from Missguided if you were curious. It is about $29. It's what I imaging Y/N wearing but in no way represents what I imagine her body type or skin colour to be like. That is up to your interpretation.

B x

B x