Part 5

Part 5

He's staring at me.

It's not the type of stare that you accidentally look at someone, they catch you, and you look away.

Nope. It's a full on 'Hey, I'll just examine your every movement. You have a very unique breathing pattern'.

And me, being the socially awkward person, I stared right back at him. Well, not really. I just glanced at him every now and then.

His jaw was clenched and his muscles were tight. His eyebrows were furrowed and his eyes were a darker green.

Someone then tapped my shoulder. I looked over to see Melinda, one of Jason's friends.

"You know him?" she asked, giving obvious hints that she was talking about Harry.

I shrugged. "Not really."

"Then why is he staring at you?"

"I don't know. I just saw him and talked to him for a while when I went to the guidance office."

She raised an eyebrow. "Why was he at the guidance office?"

"I don't know," I lied.

"Oh, well, I guess I approve," she says, nodding her head.

I stared at her. "Of what?"

"Your relationship."

I almost choked on my bread. "My relationship?"

"Well, I've heard some nasty rumours about him. But, seeing how into you he seems and how hot he is, I approve." She smiled.

Jason stared at her. "Don't you think you're getting a little ahead of yourself, Mel?"

"What do you mean? He's been staring at her for at least fifteen minutes. That's dedication at its best!" she retorts.

Jason looked at me in disbelief. "Is that true? Do you like him back?"

"No! He's not into me. I'm not into him. I like this sandwich okay? Leave me alone!" I went back to eating my food.

"You're so oblivious to everything," Ted, another friend, chimed in. "Look at how intense he looks. He looks mad that you're talking to us."

"Maybe, but it's none of his business anyways," I argued.

"Look at this," Ted whispered in my ear. He then puts one if his arms around my shoulder and pulls me closer to him. "He looks right about ready to murder me."

"Ted, stop," Jason warned.

Ted put his hands up defensively and got back to eating.

"I don't get it," Jason said, "if you guys just met this morning why is he getting so angry?"

"Hmm, sounds familiar," Mel joked.

Ted laughed and Jason blushed.

"I don't know, Jason. Maybe he's just an angry person," I point out.

I turn to look at Harry. He smirked at me and waved. I don't know why, but he's kind of annoying me. There I was, just eating my lunch happily, a and he just had to stare at me and make this a conversation topic. I got out out my seat.

"What are you doing?" Jason asked, grabbing onto my arm.

"I'm gonna find out what his problem is."

And with that, I shook his hand off of me and headed to where the grave was dug.